These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The 116 Amarrian Loyalist of the Year Awards, Sponsored by PIE Inc.

Author
Norrin Ellis
Doomheim
#41 - 2014-11-30 23:05:32 UTC
I'd like to nominate Lunarisse Aspenstar for Amarrian Capsuleer of the Year. She has hosted some of the cluster's finest social gatherings, and her approach to dealing with others is thoughtful and inviting. She exemplifies the notion that the Empire isn't just about "convert or die," but also "the Empire has pie." Luna is, by far, the greatest public relations tool the Empire has amongst the capsuleer community.
Alabath Schmidt
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2014-11-30 23:17:21 UTC
Erin Savonarola wrote:
Lunarisse Aspenstar. No explaination needed.

I second this. I'm no expert on Amarrian achievement, so my opinion may be invalid, but she's proven to be of excellent moral character. She is an active member of the capsuleer community, and she has beautiful manners. I believe she's served the Empire excellently in the field of diplomacy.
Shaikar
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#43 - 2014-12-14 23:36:12 UTC
This year's shortlists are as follows:

Amarrian Capsuleer of the Year Shortlist
Aenrea, of Terpene Conglomerate [TERP]
ePIMP, of Space-Brewery-Association [S-B-A]
Ibrahim Tash-Murkon, of Inter Vivos Trust Service [VIVOS]
Lunarisse Aspenstar, of Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque [SFRIM]
Nicoletta Mithra, of Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque [SFRIM]
Reginald Sakakibara, of Death By Design [URGD]

Loyal Servant of the Year Shortlist:
Demion Samenel, of Caldari Independent Navy Reserve [CAIN]
Jandice Ymladris, of Aurora Arcology [X101]
Makoto Priano, of Priano Trans-Stellar State Services [PRIAN]
Stalking Mantis, of Dirt 'n' Glitter [D-N-G]
Tristan daCuhna, of Dirt 'n' Glitter [D-N-G]

Adele Harkness
Royal Manticore Navy
#44 - 2014-12-15 21:13:51 UTC
Shaikar wrote:
This year's shortlists are as follows:

Amarrian Capsuleer of the Year Shortlist
Aenrea, of Terpene Conglomerate [TERP]
ePIMP, of Space-Brewery-Association [S-B-A]
Ibrahim Tash-Murkon, of Inter Vivos Trust Service [VIVOS]
Lunarisse Aspenstar, of Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque [SFRIM]
Nicoletta Mithra, of Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque [SFRIM]
Reginald Sakakibara, of Death By Design [URGD]

Loyal Servant of the Year Shortlist:
Demion Samenel, of Caldari Independent Navy Reserve [CAIN]
Jandice Ymladris, of Aurora Arcology [X101]
Makoto Priano, of Priano Trans-Stellar State Services [PRIAN]
Stalking Mantis, of Dirt 'n' Glitter [D-N-G]
Tristan daCuhna, of Dirt 'n' Glitter [D-N-G]

So PIE is completely ignoring and alienating the combat pilots of the Militia and excluding Ms Lianne?
Karmilla Strife
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#45 - 2014-12-15 21:31:29 UTC
It's their contest. They can do whatever they want with it.
Adele Harkness
Royal Manticore Navy
#46 - 2014-12-15 21:51:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Adele Harkness
Yet not five posts ago they say "All nominations will be considered in light of the contributions they have made to the prosperity of Dam-Amarria."

Amarr control the warzone thanks mainly to I-Law and their alliance, and we have Lianne to thank for said alliance, how does this not make her a contender based on Kernher's words?
Reginald Sakakibara
Banana-Republic.
Collateral Murder.
#47 - 2014-12-15 22:48:26 UTC
Although I am honored to be included on the Amarrian Capsuleer of the Year shortlist for YC116, I also find it troubling that my former executor, Lady Shalee Lianne, did not receive a similar honor.

During my time as the CEO of Heart of Pyerite within Imperial Outlaws, Lady Lianne worked tirelessly to ensure that supply lines to the front remained active and open, continually equipping her pilots with the tools necessary to apply pressure to the remnants of Minmatar resistance.

Without such logistics support, it is likely that my corporation would not have been able to operate out of the central fortress system of Siseide, which would have relegated us to a base of operations closer to the high-sec southern entrances at Sasiekko or Myyhera, thus limiting our power projection into the warzone as a whole.

The importance of such action may pale in comparison to the more contemporary successes of victory in the entire warzone, but to only view contributions that ultimately led to the militia's current position of dominance is myopic at best. I need not remind the pilots of the Crusade that after the disastrous campaign in Huola this summer, the Minmatar--supported by Gallente mercenaries--rampaged throughout the north and the south, taking the Empress' systems with an uncharacteristic ease. They were so bold in this offensive, that they announced an attempt on the strategic and central system of Auga.

The early hours of the defense of Auga were grim, with fleet after fleet of loyalist cruisers annihilated outnumbered anywhere between 1.5:1 and 3:1. The defeats were so unilateral and demoralizing, that wider Amarr resistance collapsed and the defense of Auga was left up to the small band of pilots of the Squadron and Terpene Conglomerate. Complex after complex fell as the battered remnants--the thin gold line--sought to stem the tide of rust and drone alike.

But what was Imperial Outlaws' answer? In the eleventh hour of Auga, one of Lady Lianne's fleet commanders--Shiva Makoto--took up the mantle, and, bolstered by numbers provided by my own corporation at the time, led a guerilla campaign against the Minmatar rear-guard. After two hours of fighting, the strength of Imperial Outlaws logistics--allowing our pilots to re-equip and re-supply in-system--eventually broke the Minmatar push. The defense of Auga was only possible because the pilots were united in their faith in the leadership of Imperial Outlaws, a leadership cultivated by Lady Lianne.

Although I shudder to speculate--I am sure that PIE recognizes that had Auga fallen and been used as a staging point, Siseide would have been threatened. And I am certain we all recognize what losing Siseide would have entailed.

In my opinion, Lady Lianne's leadership and dedication to the cause of the militia is unwavering, and it is only through her noble aptitude and belief in the cause that Imperial Outlaws was able to maintain a southern, central, and northern presence in the warzone simultaneously.

Therefore, with all due respect, I urge that PIE reconsider their shortlist for the Amarrian Capsuleer of the Year to include Lady Shalee Lianne.
Mitara Newelle
Newelle Family
#48 - 2014-12-15 23:35:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Mitara Newelle
All candidates were taken into consideration for the short list. Ms Lianne, along with others, were discussed and ultimately left off the list as non viable candidates.

Believe me, we have considered all of Ms Lianne's actions in assessing whether to include her for this award.

Lady Mitara Newelle of House Sarum, Holder of the Mekhios province of Damnidios Para'nashu, Champion of House Sarum, Sworn Upholder of the Faith, Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Admiral of Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Mitara Newelle
Newelle Family
#49 - 2014-12-15 23:47:59 UTC
Mitara Newelle wrote:
All candidates were taken into consideration for the short list. Ms Lianne, along with others, were discussed and ultimately left off the list as non viable candidates.

Believe me, we have considered all of Ms Lianne's actions in accessing whether to include her for this award.

I should also clarify that only six candidate slots are available on the short lists.

Lady Mitara Newelle of House Sarum, Holder of the Mekhios province of Damnidios Para'nashu, Champion of House Sarum, Sworn Upholder of the Faith, Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#50 - 2014-12-16 00:06:47 UTC
Adele Harkness wrote:
So PIE is completely ignoring and alienating the combat pilots of the Militia and excluding Ms Lianne?

Considering that there are five combat pilots of the militia on the shortlists, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
Adele Harkness
Royal Manticore Navy
#51 - 2014-12-16 00:14:49 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
Adele Harkness wrote:

Considering that there are five combat pilots of the militia on the shortlists, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Most the active COMBAT pilots nominated Ms Lianne and she was left off, also Theres still been no relevant reason given, is this just yet another case of the pettiness that unfortunately seems to of affected most of Amarr high sociity
Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#52 - 2014-12-16 00:24:59 UTC
There were many things to consider in regards to who made it to one of the limited slots of the shortlists. PIE is under no obligation to state the exact reasons a candidate was or was not chosen for the shortlists.
Reginald Sakakibara
Banana-Republic.
Collateral Murder.
#53 - 2014-12-16 00:32:38 UTC
Mitara Newelle wrote:
Mitara Newelle wrote:

Believe me, we have considered all of Ms Lianne's actions in accessing whether to include her for this award.

I should also clarify that only six candidate slots are available on the short lists.

I sincerely believe that Lady Shalee Lianne's dedication to the Empire goes further and beyond my own, and my leadership of Heart of Pyerite and contributions to the 24th Imperial Crusade should be considered an extension of her leadership and nobility.

As such, if at all possible, I would like to step down from my position on the Amarrian Capsuleer of the Year YC116 shortlist in favor of Lady Shalee Lianne.
Adele Harkness
Royal Manticore Navy
#54 - 2014-12-16 00:33:56 UTC
Reginald Sakakibara wrote:
Mitara Newelle wrote:
Mitara Newelle wrote:

I sincerely believe that Lady Shalee Lianne's dedication to the Empire goes further and beyond my own, and my leadership of Heart of Pyerite and contributions to the 24th Imperial Crusade should be considered an extension of her leadership and nobility.

As such, if at all possible, I would like to step down from my position on the Amarrian Capsuleer of the Year YC116 shortlist in favor of Lady Shalee Lianne.

If this isnt accepted, I for one would like to know why.
Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#55 - 2014-12-16 00:36:14 UTC
Can i at least get a cookie?

A very expensive cookie of course so when its finally eaten the left over crumb explosion is glorious.
Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#56 - 2014-12-16 00:38:19 UTC
I'm sure cookies could be arranged.
Mitara Newelle
Newelle Family
#57 - 2014-12-16 01:05:36 UTC

While I can appreciate you doing what you perceive to be an honorable action, Lord Sakakibara, it would be for naught. The short list is decided on within the Praetoria, not by the candidates themselves.

However, if you simply do not wish to be considered, feel free to contact Lord Admiral Shaikar.

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#58 - 2014-12-16 01:08:42 UTC
Adele Harkness wrote:
Mitara Newelle wrote:
Mitara Newelle wrote:

I feel you don't have to look further than former-Admiral Newelle's comments in the announcement of Shalee Lianne's marriage.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Erin Savonarola
Doomheim
#59 - 2014-12-16 01:08:49 UTC

Or you could host you own awards and let PIE issue theirs?
Or maybe everyone can stop acting like petulant children in front of the whole cluster. Just a thought.
Ascentior
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#60 - 2014-12-16 05:00:19 UTC
Adele Harkness wrote:
Mitara Newelle wrote:
Mitara Newelle wrote:

Watch your demands young lady! Go back to school and learn some manners.

Admiral of PIE Inc., Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris (See 'PIE Public' for recruitment)

Honorary Fabricator-General of the Imperial Navy

Chosen by God to serve the Empire.