These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Core Starter Pack + 4 Add-on pack. What to do with them?

Author
Amroth Numenesse
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-12-14 12:58:57 UTC
Hi everyone. I recently decided to play EVE and saw an opportunity and bought Core Starter Pack + 4 Add-on pack(Skirmisher, Colonist, Explorer, Industrialist). But im bit confused about the content.

So i made my first char as Gallante, doing tutorial, reading things about game itself to have an idea about whats next. After a while, i remembered that i bought the pack and didnt redeemed it yet. So i logout and went to login screen and i there it was, tons of skill books and clothings and tons of things i have no idea what they are.

After the burning brain smells coming out of my ears i decided to look up some of the content on google and saw that some of the ship blueprints were not for my race.

So the question is: What am i suppose to do with those items, blueprints, skillbooks, command centers, etc.

Can(should?) i redeem all of them to my first char? Should i use all of skillbook, save some of them for future or sell them?

The game itself was overwhelming already since its my first Sandbox and all those items made it worse.

Thanks for all answers already and have a nice day!
Sol Project
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#2 - 2014-12-14 13:00:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Sol Project
Give them to me, I'll show you! :)

Oh and its the only real sandbox. Don't worry,
no other game is like this.

Welcome to the top and the only actual MMO. :)

Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai

Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!

Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!

Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#3 - 2014-12-14 13:22:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Wacktopia
Amroth Numenesse wrote:
Hi everyone. I recently decided to play EVE and saw an opportunity and bought Core Starter Pack + 4 Add-on pack(Skirmisher, Colonist, Explorer, Industrialist). But im bit confused about the content.
Can(should?) i redeem all of them to my first char? Should i use all of skillbook, save some of them for future or sell them?

If you have ships or items you cannot (yet) use then I'd say keep them for now until you are sure what you want to do. You'll likely find at some point that some are useless to you and then choose to sell them or give to friends.

The only exception I would say at this point is if you have any clothing items from the starter pack that are worth a few million on the Jita market - sell the clothing to get you some ISK to help you get going. Jita is one of the main trade hubs and you can check prices of items you have using sites like http://eve-central.com.

Reedeeming all the items to one character in a hi-sec station somewhere is probably OK unless you are planning to run lots of multiple accounts and have planned specific purposes for them - but given your circumstance this seems unlikely.

EVE is a game about interactions with other people mostly. A lot of people play EVE solo but of those that stay, the majority join a player corporation or perform activity with other players (according to CCP Rise).

EVE is also a game where loss is rife - don't get too precious about anything in game. But get to know people and get some good friendships going and learn who to trust. Ultimately don't trust anyone with anything you don't want to lose.

If you're looking for a starter experience then I can suggest RvB or Eve University. Both are full of new and experienced players and are a good way of getting going even if PVP is not your end goal in the game.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Amber Solaire
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2014-12-14 20:27:46 UTC
You know you can redeem those items while you are in the game?

hit Esc and look in there

As for stuff you don`t think you would want, or need, you sell them for isk
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#5 - 2014-12-14 20:36:31 UTC
I would forget about them and run the tutorials, then think about them afterwards.

I would also highly recommend that you post nubie questions in the new citizens q&a sub forum as here be trolls.
ChaseTheLasers
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#6 - 2014-12-14 20:41:37 UTC
Amroth Numenesse wrote:

After the burning brain smells coming out of my ears i decided to look up some of the content on google and saw that some of the ship blueprints were not for my race. !

Your race doesn't matter when it comes to flying ships. You can fly any ship you like, as long as you have the skills.

You might have a few starter skills for your races ships, but that'll be it. They're fairly minimal and training into all of the others races at the same level is a quick process.
Amroth Numenesse
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-12-14 20:44:54 UTC
Thanks for all answers guys. Appreciated.
Mharius Skjem
Guardians of the Underworld
#8 - 2014-12-14 21:24:32 UTC
Amroth Numenesse wrote:

So i made my first char as Gallante, doing tutorial, reading things about game itself to have an idea about whats next. After a while, i remembered that i bought the pack and didnt redeemed it yet. So i logout and went to login screen and i there it was, tons of skill books and clothings and tons of things i have no idea what they are.

After the burning brain smells coming out of my ears i decided to look up some of the content on google and saw that some of the ship blueprints were not for my race.

So the question is: What am i suppose to do with those items, blueprints, skillbooks, command centers, etc.

The game itself was overwhelming already since its my first Sandbox and all those items made it worse.

Thanks for all answers already and have a nice day!

Keep everything that's stuff you've paid for don't forget.

Even if they just hang around in the hanger until you are ready and acomplished enough to use them i'd still advise you to keep them.

If you sell you will get next to nothing.

Train your skills (the one's you can) and when you are able to meet the pre-reqs train the others.

Some friendly advice.... Trust no one when selling.

Trust no one anyway.

A recovering btter vet,  with a fresh toon and a determination to like everything that CCP does to Eve...

Don't take me too seriously though, I like to tease a bit on the forums, but that's only because I love you...