These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

Need guidance- get out of null?

Author
Oona Molotov
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2014-12-12 08:24:30 UTC
Hey everyone, I've been gone for 18 months... Need some guidance.
I've got a character (account) that I want to reactivate who's in nullsec. He's got a bunch of stuff down there, but he's now in a general NPC corp, and once I leave the station I'm not gonna be able dock again (if I remember this right)- not to mention I'm not gonna be able to get out of there without hitting a bubble and getting blown to tiny bits. Can anyone recommend a freighter service that travels through null? Any other recommendations?
Alastair Ormand
Mine all the things
#2 - 2014-12-12 08:26:43 UTC
Try selling all assets on the local market. Or contacting the locals to see if they will KOS (more than likely they will even if they say they wont)

I discourage running with scissors.

Serene Repose
#3 - 2014-12-12 08:35:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
I think this is my favorite recurring situation. I thought it was "my launcher sucks,"
but this one has now overcome that.

I think the conventional wisdom on this is to contact support through a ticket
and see what kind of help they can offer you.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#4 - 2014-12-12 08:36:24 UTC
Fire sale what you cannot fit in the ship you want to leave in then ask nicely a GM if you can be moved.

^I'm not totally sure about the above but it's mentioned so many times on these forums that there might be some truth to it.
Cannot hurt I guess.
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#5 - 2014-12-12 08:36:42 UTC
double post...
Trin Javidan
Caymen Labs
#6 - 2014-12-12 10:29:43 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Fire sale what you cannot fit in the ship you want to leave in then ask nicely a GM if you can be moved.

^I'm not totally sure about the above but it's mentioned so many times on these forums that there might be some truth to it.
Cannot hurt I guess.


Thats sisi,

the op just need to use his brains and sell everything off in 1 go, with a nice discount. that wasnt that hard, wasnt it
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#7 - 2014-12-12 10:40:26 UTC
Trin Javidan wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Fire sale what you cannot fit in the ship you want to leave in then ask nicely a GM if you can be moved.

^I'm not totally sure about the above but it's mentioned so many times on these forums that there might be some truth to it.
Cannot hurt I guess.


Thats sisi,

the op just need to use his brains and sell everything off in 1 go, with a nice discount. that wasnt that hard, wasnt it


I wasn't talking about sisi. Smile

It's been suggested here a lot before. Sell your stuff, put what's left in a ship and get moved, if you ask nicely and they're (GM's) in a good mood, you'll be moved elsewhere.

But as said, I never read here, not in the test forum thread, if it actually worked.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#8 - 2014-12-12 10:50:06 UTC
As far as I know, if you reactivated your account and found yourself in null, CCP will move 1 ship + it's contents to high sec. Everything else you will need to sell.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Lucy Oreless
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#9 - 2014-12-12 10:59:39 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:
[quote=Trin Javidan]

It's been suggested here a lot before. Sell your stuff, put what's left in a ship and get moved, if you ask nicely and they're (GM's) in a good mood, you'll be moved elsewhere.

But as said, I never read here, not in the test forum thread, if it actually worked.


wtf... Really? What kind of stupid crap is that?
CCP actively helping people and some of their stuff out of null? That is wrong on so many levels, i can't even begin to describe it!

 I did not have sexual relations to THAT woman....

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#10 - 2014-12-12 11:00:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerath Naaris
Lucas Kell wrote:
As far as I know, if you reactivated your account and found yourself in null, CCP will move 1 ship + it's contents to high sec. Everything else you will need to sell.


Isn´t it the closest lo-sec one gets moved to?
But anyway, yes, in case of a longer absence from the game, CCP is supposed to move a single ship and its contents. Whatever cannot be put into its cargohold has to remain where it is (or sold, of course).

Lucy Oreless wrote:

wtf... Really? What kind of stupid crap is that?
CCP actively helping people and some of their stuff out of null? That is wrong on so many levels, i can't even begin to describe it!


It´s not so much as "actively helping" since this only applies for a longer absence when the returning player finds himself "left behind" due to no fault of his own (besides taking a break).

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Ka'Narlist
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#11 - 2014-12-12 11:04:07 UTC
Lucy Oreless wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:
[quote=Trin Javidan]

It's been suggested here a lot before. Sell your stuff, put what's left in a ship and get moved, if you ask nicely and they're (GM's) in a good mood, you'll be moved elsewhere.

But as said, I never read here, not in the test forum thread, if it actually worked.


wtf... Really? What kind of stupid crap is that?
CCP actively helping people and some of their stuff out of null? That is wrong on so many levels, i can't even begin to describe it!

Yeah CCP helping people that want to return to eve after a long absence is definatly a tragedy!!! How on earth can they do this?!!1111
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#12 - 2014-12-12 11:06:47 UTC
Lucy Oreless wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:
It's been suggested here a lot before. Sell your stuff, put what's left in a ship and get moved, if you ask nicely and they're (GM's) in a good mood, you'll be moved elsewhere.

But as said, I never read here, not in the test forum thread, if it actually worked.
wtf... Really? What kind of stupid crap is that?
CCP actively helping people and some of their stuff out of null? That is wrong on so many levels, i can't even begin to describe it!
It's not like they move anyone who just fancies giving up nullsec, they move one ship for old players who have returned and found themselves sitting in the middle of hostile space with their stuff. Sure, they could just say HTFU, but then that wouldn't really be a good way of keeping that player.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Kiandoshia
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2014-12-12 11:07:31 UTC
Ka'Narlist wrote:
Lucy Oreless wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:
[quote=Trin Javidan]

It's been suggested here a lot before. Sell your stuff, put what's left in a ship and get moved, if you ask nicely and they're (GM's) in a good mood, you'll be moved elsewhere.

But as said, I never read here, not in the test forum thread, if it actually worked.


wtf... Really? What kind of stupid crap is that?
CCP actively helping people and some of their stuff out of null? That is wrong on so many levels, i can't even begin to describe it!

Yeah CCP helping people that want to return to eve after a long absence is definatly a tragedy!!! How on earth can they do this?!!1111


But cold harsh universe! =(
Lucy Oreless
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#14 - 2014-12-12 11:11:11 UTC
Ka'Narlist wrote:
Lucy Oreless wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:
[quote=Trin Javidan]

It's been suggested here a lot before. Sell your stuff, put what's left in a ship and get moved, if you ask nicely and they're (GM's) in a good mood, you'll be moved elsewhere.

But as said, I never read here, not in the test forum thread, if it actually worked.


wtf... Really? What kind of stupid crap is that?
CCP actively helping people and some of their stuff out of null? That is wrong on so many levels, i can't even begin to describe it!

Yeah CCP helping people that want to return to eve after a long absence is definatly a tragedy!!! How on earth can they do this?!!1111


He flew out there in the first place.. EVE is about consequences for your actions. I have a lot of stuff in null myself, so you say i can just contract all that **** over to an alt of mine, unsub him for a extended period and then ask CCP to move it for me?

And why does it make it worse to come back to eve if hes stuff is in null.. Now he have a damned good goal to keep him playing, and that is to get hes stuff out.

PS! There is more ways to get stuff out... and even make it fun while doing it.

 I did not have sexual relations to THAT woman....

Ka'Narlist
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#15 - 2014-12-12 11:17:04 UTC
Lucy Oreless wrote:
so you say i can just contract all that **** over to an alt of mine, unsub him for a extended period and then ask CCP to move it for me?

No. I'm just saying you are stupid as ****. Nothing more, nothing less.
Violet Hurst
Fedaya Recon
#16 - 2014-12-12 11:19:01 UTC
As others have suggested, sell your stuff. Depending on the stations setup neutral haulers might not be allowed to dock either and to the best of my knowledge e.g. black frog stopped offering hauling services to SOV null altogether.
And in case that character doesn't have any jump clones installed outside of the area you want to leave, as far as i know you can switch your medical clone's location to your corp's HQ remotely once a year or so. In the situation you described this might come in handy.
Lucy Oreless
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#17 - 2014-12-12 11:22:16 UTC
Ka'Narlist wrote:
Lucy Oreless wrote:
so you say i can just contract all that **** over to an alt of mine, unsub him for a extended period and then ask CCP to move it for me?

No. I'm just saying you are stupid as ****. Nothing more, nothing less.


hehe.. Big smile

I am uncle to a 5yo, she can discuss in a more mature way than you Ka'Narlist Blink

 I did not have sexual relations to THAT woman....

Yim Sei
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#18 - 2014-12-12 11:26:30 UTC
What the Hell is this?

Have you all gone mad?

Has the impending season of goodwill addled your primal eve brains?

A request like this and not one of you has said 'contract me your stuffz and I will get it back to you (snigger)' or 'Load up all your expensive stuffz, meet me at sun and will escort you'.


I am disapoint.

Post with my main? This is my main - I just overtrain and overplay my alts.

Hendrick Kion
Niminen Research and Assembly
#19 - 2014-12-12 13:03:14 UTC
If you contract me all your stuff I'll move it to high sec for a small fee. P
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#20 - 2014-12-12 14:40:53 UTC
123Next page