These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Clothing workshop.

First post First post
Author
Eldwinn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#61 - 2014-12-11 01:12:06 UTC
corbexx wrote:

The meeting will be on teamspeak (i'll mail details out to people nearer the time) on Monday the 15th of Dec 1700 eve time to 1800. Really sort its so short notice but what with xmas and new year its now or in a months time.

Shitting on the Americans I see. Possibly of having a late one ever?
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2014-12-11 01:14:02 UTC

I have started a categorized list of requests as seen in this thread and others in GD, F&I, Sisi forum and others. I'm still adding things in and will continue to edit it up until the meeting with CCP.

It is in read-only mode. I think mass editing would be chaotic at the moment, but if everyone prefers I can open it up.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nv6ejrTCbdmRpd07Yt09LZIJFpHxE1qhwgHZPy1O7Sk/edit?usp=sharing

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Mining Man Manny
Doomheim
#63 - 2014-12-11 01:21:25 UTC
Please ask them if there is any actual intention to release the cosmetics currently in the files. Some of them have been in there for years with no word as to when or if we'll ever get to see them.

Now here we are months and months down the line with more cosmetics in the game, some of which are also unreleased.

Tell them I am willing to literally throw my hard currency against the screen and then actually throw my Aurum and PLEX at the store to buy all of them and I don't feel like I'm the only one.

Also, ask them to add Serpentis and Angel Cartel gear like the other 3 'Outlaw' sets that were recently released. And Quafe pajamas. Don't forget to mention Quafe Pajamas.

But, most of all tell them there are a lot of people who are interested in this stuff and we really do like the character customization and development side of the game. A lot of us do like playing Space Barbie Online and enjoy mixing and matching outfits, changing our portraits everyday and really would like to see other uses for our characters and clothing in the future.
Mistah Ewedynao
Ice Axe Psycho Killers
#64 - 2014-12-11 01:22:14 UTC
Drama queens. Roll

Nerf Goons

Nuke em from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Candi LeMew
Division 13
#65 - 2014-12-11 01:24:10 UTC
Cosmic Girl96 wrote:
Well said.

I'm extremely proud of myself, because I successfully managed to give my toon a hyper-sexualised look with the clothing options that are available :)

I like to role play when I play this game, and the personae of this toon is a woman who's hot and she knows it and isn't afraid to flaunt the physical gifts that her creator gave her.

I prefer to keep it a little classy myself, or at least cute. But you go gurl. Big smile

Takes all types to make a fruit salad.

And I'm a banana.

🍌

Remember... in Anoikis Bob Is Always Watching...

"I been kicked out of better homes than this" - Rick James

mr ed thehouseofed
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#66 - 2014-12-11 01:27:18 UTC
+1 good stuff Corbexx and the devs .

got to agree with Kate unlock racial clothing

a proper eye patch ie pirate Pirate

proper monocle ie col klink Smile

the range for male toons is bad imo

i want a eve pinball machine...  confirming  CCP Cognac is best cognac

Sol Project
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#67 - 2014-12-11 01:28:51 UTC
I believe that both parties have a point.

There should be clothes that show skin ...
... and clothes that allow to hide it.

Argueing about nakedness is rather silly.

Better have more options one can choose from, than less options.

Besides... hiding more sometimes actually is more sexy than hiding less.

Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai

Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!

Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#68 - 2014-12-11 01:41:36 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:

I have started a categorized list of requests as seen in this thread and others in GD, F&I, Sisi forum and others. I'm still adding things in and will continue to edit it up until the meeting with CCP....

When are you announcing your CSM candidacy?
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#69 - 2014-12-11 04:20:56 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
corbexx,

Thanks for stepping up to do this and hope you have a lot of success.

There's a few things I'd like you to bring up when you have the meeting but the main thing is this - Why are the older clothing options not available in the NES when they were previously available in the NEX ?

For example :

I wanted to set my character up with a Uniform, both Standard and Dress Whites to wear on special occasions.

When I set up Standard Minmatar Uniform, the NES only had the Men's 'Lockstep' Boots (True Black) available which I bought but then later when traveling near Jita I noticed the original Men's 'Lockstep' Boots available in the Regional Market. Their color is a dark brown so I purchased them and did the change which is showing in the linked album. The color Brown is what I actually wanted in order to match the Men's 'Marshal' Jacket (Minmatar).

When I set up the Dress Whites Uniform, I used the Men's 'Rider' Pants (White Gold) which I bought for the Standard Uniform in the NES. The Men's 'Sterling' Shirt (White) wasn't available in the NES. However it was available in the Regional Market. In order to finish the Dress Whites Uniform I bought a pair of Men's 'Ascension' Boots (Gray/Silver) since there wasn't any white shoes or boots available.

Besides the fact of not having any white shoes available for the Dress Whites, the Men's 'Rider' Pants (White Gold) have a problem which is easily viewed in the album. The pants legs fit too tight and when going with the 'Untucked' option in Character Customization, the pants legs have a bad case of clipping due to the boots.

Anyway, good luck with the workshop.

DMC
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2014-12-11 04:58:31 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:

When are you announcing your CSM candidacy?

Very funny, but I don't have any qualifications.

The doc has been updated with all of the threads I could find, including this one (they are all mentioned under "References"). If you think I don't have something included, point me to the thread or put it in a reply. There is a category for each body part, a CC section, bugfixes, etc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nv6ejrTCbdmRpd07Yt09LZIJFpHxE1qhwgHZPy1O7Sk/edit?usp=sharing

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Tomiko Kawase
Perkone
#71 - 2014-12-11 05:04:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Tomiko Kawase
To you guys complaining about heels, the female models in this game are hardcoded to have raised heels. It would take a pos code rewrite to fix something like that. We basically get boots or heels. It would be more realistic to attack issues like more hairstyles and less 'Structure' dresses (ugh).

Edit: My ultimate wish is to have light sliders in the posing window rather than having different predetermined light sources. Give me sliders for each light source. X/Y/Z, brightness, intensity, color, and anything else you can think of. The lighting sources we have now are abysmal at worst and barely serviceable at best.
Pyralissa
Ministry of War
#72 - 2014-12-11 05:28:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Pyralissa
corbexx wrote:
the fact you think there should be more hair styles.

Correct.

I imagine it's beyond the resources they want to spend on avatar customization, but the way hair falls across the shoulders/clothing is also very poorly implemented. More backgrounds would be a welcome addition, and hopefully would be a low impact project. It really just comes down to more variety and more choices. Thanks for taking the time to put this together corbexx.
Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#73 - 2014-12-11 05:34:01 UTC
Cosmic Girl96 wrote:
Carmen Electra baby I like your style. I love girls who flaunt what they got. In fact, I've made it my mission to show off my butt to as many denizens of New Eden as I can!! Big smile

Tomiko Kawase
Perkone
#74 - 2014-12-11 05:35:41 UTC
Pyralissa wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to put this together corbexx.

I like how the wormhole candidate came up with this. Here's an easy way to get to the #1 spot on my ballot for CSM10.
Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#75 - 2014-12-11 05:45:20 UTC
Pyralissa wrote:
corbexx wrote:

Correct.

I imagine it's beyond the resources they want to spend on avatar customization, but the way hair falls across the shoulders/clothing is also very poorly implemented. More backgrounds would be a welcome addition, and hopefully would be a low impact project. It really just comes down to more variety and more choices. Thanks for taking the time to put this together corbexx.

I don't think that the number of hairstyles is a big issue. The issue is that most of them are, well, not that great. Whenever I'm messing around in the character creator, I think I can count the number of hairstyles that I would ever want to use on one hand. Right now, there are only two options that would fall under the "long hair" category.
Saint Celeste
Doomheim
#76 - 2014-12-11 06:25:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Saint Celeste
more clothing is good idea. some casual clothing instead of just professional clothing would be nice Bear also naval type officers caps would be a great addition to add to the military "career" apparel. i like the idea of different "hair" colours as well. though not essential new hairstyles that better show off our toons better, not that i have a problem with this one.

the ones now are serviceable but more content for Character Customisation is always good, i am also a fan of the idea for overalls and racial clothing for non player faction aligned apparel [Gallente player- Amarr clothing, i'd like vests for Amarr, hoods/hooded robes for Minmatarr, etc etc]

something other people haven't really mentioned yet: body armour. sure once you get past the impracticability for armor in a space ship and the lore aside for a moment, but if there is WiS in the future it'd make sense that the characters had access to some protection walking in stations, or double Shocked and that is no armour = new place to PVP and makes it more "in your face" and brutal not hiding behind shield or armour in a truly squishy capsuleer way... sorry off topic a bit there. but armour in some aesthetic such as that "borg" chestplate "prosthetic" someone mentioned earlier or something like that to go with the "prosthetic arm/s" and "eye/s" or maybe add a interesting "prosthetic leg" which you cannot see...

mind you, rich characters might want to go more borg just to spend isk and a possible link between Dust soldiers and Eve capsuleers that fight on both fronts again sorry offtopic. but it follows the rule of cool also it fits more with the new hat/hair for male characters, then it'd make for military, casual, medical/professor, space jockey [i'll leave that up to your imagination] "racial clothing", faction [pirate], and possibly "prosthetic/robotic".....

Shorts, baggy clothing, tight clothing etc: i'm sure other people would like to see shorts, more shirts or vests that show bare chests on male toons [can be zipped/buttoned as or open], also baggy pants is a given. for both genders. also not really needed but i personally would find cool would be kilts or toga's..... Pirate

clothing "skin" painter: essentially similar to skip skins, only you can change one item of clothing based on one of the pirate/navy factions "colours" example Amarr robe- blood raider "dye/skin" X, Y, Z Aurum or isk etc.

eye protection/facial coverings or new beards: give us atleast one from each of these types of things, or one at the very least. thanks P

also beards was for dudes...
Kaaeliaa
Tyrannos Sunset
#77 - 2014-12-11 06:27:49 UTC
Carmen Electra wrote:
Pyralissa wrote:
corbexx wrote:

Correct.

I don't think that the number of hairstyles is a big issue. The issue is that most of them are, well, not that great. Whenever I'm messing around in the character creator, I think I can count the number of hairstyles that I would ever want to use on one hand. Right now, there are only two options that would fall under the "long hair" category.

Yeah, this is true for me as well. There are plenty of hairstyles that are okay in theory but that I don't like because they're just not well-implemented. So, I'm basically stuck cycling through the same 3-4 that I think actually look decent.

It's actually kind of a shame that a lot of the hair is wonky and the clothing textures themselves are not very well applied to certain areas (tank top and bra straps, lots of stuff near the shoulders, etc), because even with all those issues, EVE still has my favorite character creator out of any non-modified game I can think of.

"Do not lift the veil. Do not show the door. Do not split the dream."

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#78 - 2014-12-11 06:36:36 UTC
Tomiko Kawase wrote:
To you guys complaining about heels, the female models in this game are hardcoded to have raised heels. It would take a pos code rewrite to fix something like that. We basically get boots or heels. It would be more realistic to attack issues like more hairstyles and less 'Structure' dresses (ugh).

Edit: My ultimate wish is to have light sliders in the posing window rather than having different predetermined light sources. Give me sliders for each light source. X/Y/Z, brightness, intensity, color, and anything else you can think of. The lighting sources we have now are abysmal at worst and barely serviceable at best.

yeah I feel you. I don't mean to say I don't love my girls. I was just sharing a vague thought, but really the heels thing is a non-issue (to me). The lights, though, I can get behind that.
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2014-12-11 07:19:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Jarod Garamonde
Firstly, let's round out the Marshal and Gunner jackets for all represented factions, and give us an unzipped option for all of them.
Second, release the "burnt orange" version of the Outlaw sets, along with the other pirate factions.
Third, consider other factions (such as Equilibrium of Mankind) for not only clothing but faction-related ship skins.
Lastly, expand the clothing line to accessories (ie: scarves, hats, sashes, gloves, etc), and give us more short-sleeved garments or at least expand the "tucking" option to include rolling the sleeves. It makes no sense to offer sleeve tats and robot arms, only to have like maybe two outwear options if we want to show them off.

Hell, I've said it before. I'll design avatar clothes for CCP for free. I don't even need to be hired by them (I don't want to leave my alliance or give up my character). I'll just do it.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#80 - 2014-12-11 07:32:20 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Please ask CCP what their obsession with skin tight pants for male avatars is. Would it really kill designers of the future to make a damn pair of loose fits?

The skin tight jeans only make sense if the avatars are anatomically correct, and right now were all stuck at 'ken doll'.

Looking to work for UPS or FedEx and deliver packages, are we?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!