These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

motion sickness from new ui

First post
Author
Capqu
Half Empty
xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
#1 - 2014-12-09 23:12:06 UTC
hey can we have a option to use the old ui

this is actually making my head spin for some reason
Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2014-12-09 23:14:34 UTC
Sigh, new UI thread #102351

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#3 - 2014-12-09 23:15:53 UTC
I just got out of a meeting where I was discussing with my colleagues how annoying it is to try to support older browsers with our software. It was funny to come back and see at least 2 new threads on GD about wanting to use old interface.

That would be a programming nightmare. I'm guessing the answer is no, sorry.
Daemun Khanid
Corbeau de sang
#4 - 2014-12-09 23:19:01 UTC
Just turn off the blur, is right there under the general options tab.

Daemun of Khanid

Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#5 - 2014-12-09 23:20:27 UTC

I'm more sad it hides my buttons lol. I have my inventory and drones in one box on the bottom right. It covers the last few F buttons.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Ferni Ka'Nviiou
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-12-09 23:21:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Ferni Ka'Nviiou
Carmen Electra wrote:
I just got out of a meeting where I was discussing with my colleagues how annoying it is to try to support older browsers with our software. It was funny to come back and see at least 2 new threads on GD about wanting to use old interface.

Old UI = Old Skin
That's definitely not the same as having an entirely different browser.

I'm no programmer, but the new UI hasn't really changed much physically. I doubt it would be a 'programming nightmare' as per say.

Not that it really affects me greatly.
Daemun Khanid
Corbeau de sang
#7 - 2014-12-09 23:22:19 UTC
Hal Morsh wrote:

I'm more sad it hides my buttons lol. I have my inventory and drones in one box on the bottom right. It covers the last few F buttons.

What does? You know just about everything in the UI can be moved right?

Daemun of Khanid

Capqu
Half Empty
#8 - 2014-12-09 23:22:32 UTC
Daemun Khanid wrote:

already off

multiple fleet members unable to play for more than 1h straight without a headache
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#9 - 2014-12-09 23:24:17 UTC
Daemun Khanid wrote:
Hal Morsh wrote:

What does? You know just about everything in the UI can be moved right?

I have no room to move it, which is why drones and inventory take the same window. I click between the two.

Moving my Health bar and stuff would only cover the location and interfere with locked targets. EVE just takes up so much screen space.

Not angry with CCP over it, I just deal with it really.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
#10 - 2014-12-09 23:26:26 UTC
Ferni Ka'Nviiou wrote:
Carmen Electra wrote:

Old UI = Old Skin
That's definitely not the same as having an entirely different browser.

I'm no programmer, but the new UI hasn't really changed much physically. I doubt it would be a 'programming nightmare' as per say.

Not that it really affects me greatly.

Ironically the meeting I was in was regarding supporting vector icons in <= IE8. Similarly, from what I've seen of the new interface (which admittedly isn't much) it's very possible that they've moved from bitmaps to vector assets for the icons, so it my very well be more than just a new skin under the hood.
Daemun Khanid
Corbeau de sang
#11 - 2014-12-09 23:28:44 UTC
Capqu wrote:
Daemun Khanid wrote:

already off

multiple fleet members unable to play for more than 1h straight without a headache

With the blur off the UI is exactly the same other than preset colors instead of RGB and slightly different tab designs. Did you turn down the transparency as well?

Daemun of Khanid

Capqu
Half Empty
#12 - 2014-12-09 23:33:11 UTC
Daemun Khanid wrote:
Capqu wrote:
Daemun Khanid wrote:

already off

With the blur off the UI is exactly the same other than preset colors instead of RGB and slightly different tab designs. Did you turn down the transparency as well?

yeah, problem seems to be the fade in/out graphic whenever you focus an entity which there is no way to disable
Enteron Anabente
Provident Provisions
#13 - 2014-12-09 23:41:33 UTC
Capqu wrote:
yeah, problem seems to be the fade in/out graphic whenever you focus an entity which there is no way to disable

Confirming this is super annoying when switching window focus ~300 times to update 100 orders (wallet, market, and modify window for each order).

Also, 0% transparent isn't actually 0% transparent, which doesn't help.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#14 - 2014-12-09 23:44:10 UTC
Motion sickness... what a knee slapper.

Look how well the 'motion sickness' complaint worked with the jump animation gripes! Itll definitely work this time 'round!

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Soareen
Kill'em all. Let Bob sort'em out.
Ushra'Khan
#15 - 2014-12-10 00:13:41 UTC
Defintly not the same. docking panel is ugly as hell.

Manufacturing one even worse.

The color set looks like a very basic xubuntu interface.

I dont feel in a game.

Look of eve is gone.

Please put an old morron button that allow us to have old interface. so we can enjoy it our way.

This is really awfull.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#16 - 2014-12-10 00:16:06 UTC
Quote:
17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

Thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department