These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rhea] The Confessor

First post First post First post
Author
Fred Kyong
Grollwerk
#261 - 2014-12-09 22:05:42 UTC
I always think it is funny that there are new ships introduced and then the market has absolutely 0 after the update. Did the update fail?
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#262 - 2014-12-09 22:23:55 UTC
Fred Kyong wrote:
I always think it is funny that there are new ships introduced and then the market has absolutely 0 after the update. Did the update fail?

They have to be built before hitting the market lol.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#263 - 2014-12-09 22:30:40 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Fred Kyong wrote:

More than that, they need research first.
Fred Kyong
Grollwerk
#264 - 2014-12-09 22:35:33 UTC
So no NPC station have them yet? Thats lame.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#265 - 2014-12-09 23:08:55 UTC
Fred Kyong wrote:

Why would they?
Yoonhi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#266 - 2014-12-10 00:01:35 UTC
?
Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#267 - 2014-12-10 00:28:24 UTC
Fred Kyong wrote:

Since when have ships ever been offered fully built in NPC stations?

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Xenos Monith Maulerant
Monith Holdings
#268 - 2014-12-10 00:37:35 UTC
Why the scan probe launcher bonus? That doesn't make any sense on that ship. It has no kind of scanning bonuses so why would someone try to fit a combat probe launcher on that? Like people are really going to use that ship for using combat probes. Even if you had really good scanning skills, the chance of scanning a ship down are going to considerably longer than any other scanning ship.

Are the going to be more modes (like a scanning mode, covert mode) added in the future?

If so, it would completely make sense then.
Yoonhi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#269 - 2014-12-10 01:00:43 UTC
With good skills this ship is made for WH... combat scan probe is needed.
Marox Calendale
Xynodyne
The Initiative.
#270 - 2014-12-10 01:07:01 UTC
Will Rigs also Change with it´s mode or do I still have to chose one set for all modes?
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#271 - 2014-12-10 01:42:35 UTC
Fred Kyong wrote:

They'll be available at plenty of NPC stations. Whenever the PC's get around to stocking them up.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#272 - 2014-12-10 03:21:25 UTC
Marox Calendale wrote:
Will Rigs also Change with it´s mode or do I still have to chose one set for all modes?

Only one set of rigs for use under al modes
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#273 - 2014-12-10 03:37:09 UTC
Xenos Monith Maulerant wrote:
Why the scan probe launcher bonus? That doesn't make any sense on that ship. It has no kind of scanning bonuses so why would someone try to fit a combat probe launcher on that? Like people are really going to use that ship for using combat probes. Even if you had really good scanning skills, the chance of scanning a ship down are going to considerably longer than any other scanning ship.

Are the going to be more modes (like a scanning mode, covert mode) added in the future?

If so, it would completely make sense then.

It's actually very effective for getting a good warp in on anything that's not an interceptor. Unbonused probes can still find most targets pretty well
Alexander Draegar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#274 - 2014-12-10 06:36:31 UTC
For the benefit of those like myself who are looking into building these ships in order to have them at a lower cost, I've pulled up the requirements needed to produce these bad boys. I'm expecting this will be the same across the board with minor exceptions because of faction differences.

Along with the requirements I'll be putting in my two cents along the way to stress the points that I myself would like to make for those interested in reading them.

Skills Required to Sit:

Spaceship Command I
Amarr Frigate III
Amarr Destroyer V
Amarr Tactical Destroyer I

Overall, it's a relatively fast training time (just under two weeks with no implants) to sit in it. Overall though, this ship appears to be very easy to fly, even for a low SP pilot -- even factoring the skills needed to fly it properly rather than just sit in this boat.

Skills Required to Build:

Mechanics V
Science V
Industry V
Advanced Small Ship Construction V
Mechanical Engineering IV
Amarr Starship Engineering V

I myself will have to take quite the long chunk of time simply to build this. The skill requirements alone will make this ship a lot more costly to build, since the requirements to fly VS the requirements to build are that far apart. This, along with the parts limitations involved, will make this ship prohibitively expensive to pilot -- likely in the range of 100 mil ISK instead of 40mil.

In addition, the skills required to build the PARTS for this ship are also a question to be answered. While these aren't nearly as demanding as building the hull itself, it will still take a dedicated pilot to build the entire thing himself.

Materials Required to Build:

Components:
1x Optimized Nano-engines
1x Warfare Computation Core
1x Fullerene Intercalated Sheets
8x Mettalofullerene Plating
1x Electrochemical Interface Nexus
2x Fulleroferrocene Power Conduits
1x Reconfigured Subspace Calibrator
2x Self-Assembling Nanolattice

Parts:
10x R.A.M. -- Starship Tech

While a player will be able to easily grab blueprints for these as well as the ship's hull, building these parts alone is a challenge in itself, in the sense that they themselves have their own components, reactions, etc. needed to get the job done in building this ship.

In conclusion, producing (nor purchasing) this ship isn't going to be an easy endeavor at all. I'm seeing a price tag somewhere in the range of at least 100mil ISK in buying this boat off the market, and that's after prices stabilize. If the same trend occurs here as in Strategic Cruisers, we will end up seeing consistently low numbers of pilots able to build these ships, and an increasing number of pilots able to fly them at a much faster pace than they can be produced.

This will lead to steadily increasing prices despite any existing competition, as can be seen these days with Strategic Cruisers slowly becoming very expensive after the exact same fashion.

Thoughts?

"To kick ass harder, swing foot faster. To kick more ass, keep swinging foot!"

~Alexander Draegar

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#275 - 2014-12-10 07:00:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
Alexander Draegar wrote:
In conclusion, producing (nor purchasing) this ship isn't going to be an easy endeavor at all. I'm seeing a price tag somewhere in the range of at least 100mil ISK in buying this boat off the market, and that's after prices stabilize. If the same trend occurs here as in Strategic Cruisers, we will end up seeing consistently low numbers of pilots able to build these ships, and an increasing number of pilots able to fly them at a much faster pace than they can be produced.

This will lead to steadily increasing prices despite any existing competition, as can be seen these days with Strategic Cruisers slowly becoming very expensive after the exact same fashion.

Thoughts?

Get more people into wormholes or wherever the components and BPC drop/can be researched/invented from and increase the supply. Get yourself training; this is an advanced ship, not a simple T1 hull. The Skill requirements are perfectly fine as normal T2 hulls require the same skills. You can't honestly expect that such an advanced hull should only require T1 level skills to produce.
You see the posts of this Eddie Kyong (#264, for instance)? Because of pilots like him the requirements to build these ships are just fine. This game must not nurture the behavior and demands of such an incapable gamer population.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#276 - 2014-12-10 08:43:07 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Fred Kyong wrote:

More than that, they need research first.

...and then there will be sating buy orders phase. Some of them, at least. Remaining ones will be stocked after that.
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#277 - 2014-12-10 10:11:56 UTC
Alexander Draegar wrote:
For the benefit of those like myself who are looking into building these ships in order to have them at a lower cost, I've pulled up the requirements needed to produce these bad boys. I'm expecting this will be the same across the board with minor exceptions because of faction differences.

Along with the requirements I'll be putting in my two cents along the way to stress the points that I myself would like to make for those interested in reading them.

Skills Required to Sit:

Spaceship Command I
Amarr Frigate III
Amarr Destroyer V
Amarr Tactical Destroyer I

Overall, it's a relatively fast training time (just under two weeks with no implants) to sit in it. Overall though, this ship appears to be very easy to fly, even for a low SP pilot -- even factoring the skills needed to fly it properly rather than just sit in this boat.

Skills Required to Build:

Mechanics V
Science V
Industry V
Advanced Small Ship Construction V
Mechanical Engineering IV
Amarr Starship Engineering V

I myself will have to take quite the long chunk of time simply to build this. The skill requirements alone will make this ship a lot more costly to build, since the requirements to fly VS the requirements to build are that far apart. This, along with the parts limitations involved, will make this ship prohibitively expensive to pilot -- likely in the range of 100 mil ISK instead of 40mil.

In addition, the skills required to build the PARTS for this ship are also a question to be answered. While these aren't nearly as demanding as building the hull itself, it will still take a dedicated pilot to build the entire thing himself.

Materials Required to Build:

Components:
1x Optimized Nano-engines
1x Warfare Computation Core
1x Fullerene Intercalated Sheets
8x Mettalofullerene Plating
1x Electrochemical Interface Nexus
2x Fulleroferrocene Power Conduits
1x Reconfigured Subspace Calibrator
2x Self-Assembling Nanolattice

Parts:
10x R.A.M. -- Starship Tech

While a player will be able to easily grab blueprints for these as well as the ship's hull, building these parts alone is a challenge in itself, in the sense that they themselves have their own components, reactions, etc. needed to get the job done in building this ship.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Well...evrything you said makes me happy actually as it means (if it works out the way you see it) that the investment I've made in science and industry skills will pay me back well. I sdee no problem with these ships being a challenge to build. They're tech III! It absolutely shouldn't be the case that any old capsuleer can throw them together...
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#278 - 2014-12-10 16:27:53 UTC
Xenos Monith Maulerant wrote:
Why the scan probe launcher bonus? That doesn't make any sense on that ship. It has no kind of scanning bonuses so why would someone try to fit a combat probe launcher on that? Like people are really going to use that ship for using combat probes.

Solo wormhole use.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Aiyshimin
Shiva Furnace
#279 - 2014-12-10 16:31:03 UTC
The hull visual design is a complete disaster, and some of the stats look a bit OP on paper.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#280 - 2014-12-10 17:14:25 UTC
Aiyshimin wrote:
The hull visual design is a complete disaster, and some of the stats look a bit OP on paper.

partial T2 resists is for sure and the mode bonuses are pretty hefty too

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using