These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rhea Feedback

First post First post
Author
Kith-Kor
Crotchety Old Farts
#121 - 2014-12-09 15:51:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Kith-Kor
I am frustrated today that I get on and I cant tell what is what on the Icons. I lost my custom color schemes which was black on black. I am finding it hard to read the text now in Minmatar space due to the grey washing out my chat with the white lettering and how bright the systems are. I cant see the flashing for chat windows either. I use to thave my right side black outwith windows connecting and now my OCD is driving me nuts since I am seeing space in between the windows and I cant fix this. All the White arrows on the corners need to go. This is annoying also. I pick Black and I have white arrows. Messing with my Eyes.

One thing I am grateful for, You did not reset my UI layout.

Please fix, this is almost unplayable. At least I can fly around but I cant talk to my fleet over your mistake.

Thank you
Kith-Kor

P.S.
I have Patch fatigue. TO much changing and to fast. I am glad we are your beta testers for the rapid changes.
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#122 - 2014-12-09 15:54:31 UTC
I'd like to see the reflectivity of ship surfaces turned down a notch. It is pretty and cool. But... some of those ship surfaces are like mirrors. After even a short period of time such highly polished surfaces would become less reflective due to interstellar dust pitting the surfaces.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#123 - 2014-12-09 15:56:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Initial thoughts:

CCP, you may seriously want to start paying 3rd party professionals to do usability studies and provide feedback before making such broad changes to something as important as the UI. This should probably include testing for color-blind users, and users who suffer photo-sensitivity. Since you would be paying for that feedback you might actually be more inclined to act on it.

The new NeoCom icons are not very intuitive IMHO, and the lack of color seems to make them a lot harder to distinguish from each other when set to smallest size. When they are set to be large, it is a little better, but that's not a solution. They are awfully bland/dull looking either way given what year this is.

Also +1 to bring back the RGB sliders. Most of the new "theme" choices make my eyes bleed, they are all pretty terrible as were many of the defaults previously. That's why a lot of your customers customized their themes.

The new ship skins/textures are shiny... literally. Since I aim to misbehave, it's good thing I only show up as a red X to most other players.

The new Map is very cool so far. I'll probably spend a lot of time fiddling with this.

And... is that a headache coming on? Since it's Tuesday morning and not Saturday, not bloody likely I am to blame.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Hypatia Ax
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#124 - 2014-12-09 15:59:22 UTC
Any chance to get the old Icons back ? or make a better work with the new ones?

The lack of color on the buttons makes quick selection more difficult.
Dolthar Achasse
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#125 - 2014-12-09 16:01:39 UTC
look i have no problem with 'new' or 'improved', but most of the ships looks like they got dripped in a glitter bucket after getting over polished.. I really dont think eve must be all shiny and glossy, dont know who came up with the idea but old colour palette was nice and simple, you guys could've improved graphics while not breaking the general old snob dark depressing look of eve.

i am too old for swimming in glitter and shoe wax, have pity.

UI looks very playstation-like to me, old icons had some weight in them but new icons looks 'casual'.

i really hope you guys tweak these stuff a bit more, at least darken the general looks a bit, dont make us feel like barbie dolls.

this is not a puppy, this is eve, no need for makeup.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#126 - 2014-12-09 16:02:15 UTC
amarr ships look fantastic, i love them. gallente ships are so shiny! i don't like caldari ships, they look too smooth? the titans don't look good at all.

when i set the new map to 'abstract' mode, i expect to be able to move it holding leftclick, but it spins instead. the top-left autopilot route info defaulted to 'off' when i entered fullscreen mode and i think it's important this defaults to 'on'. mousing over or clicking a star should display the name. i like that the icons for planets etc change to show when there's a lot of icons stacked on top of each other. i'd like a compass in a corner that spins when i spin the map. i don't like that the 'close window' button is not at the top right when the map is in floating mode, it makes me go looking for it.

thanks so much for hp bars for recalled drones, this was a long time coming
Kebabski
Vae Nexon
#127 - 2014-12-09 16:05:00 UTC
I play EVE in windowed mode and when my client initially loads after logging in it's standard in minimized mode. However after maximiziing it to full windoiwed mode my character selection screen goes from colour to black. So i have to guess where my clickable character's face is to actually log in.

The new UI is pretty horrible. Especially because there are no colours in the NeoCom liked mentioned earlier. Even with transparancy at it's lowest the game is still too transparant. Maybe it's some getting used to, but at the moment it's horrible to play. Some of these 'forced' UI changes add nothing really to overall gameplay. For example the compass around the HUD that constantly pop ups when your mouse get's too close when PVP'ing. The ideas behind these changes are good, but they should remain ideas before thinkign about it's practical uses. Another example why you should use 3rd party to give advise on these subjects and not just say 'Hey go use it on SiSi, so you'll get used to it before it goes live'. That's no way of getting valuable feedback from the actualy players.

Keb
Quadima
HyperDreams Studios
#128 - 2014-12-09 16:05:34 UTC
Adrie Atticus wrote:

I felt nauseated after first 30 minutes on live version, wheere I could spend an hour on SiSi without issues. I've now tried to play for an hour and I've vomited once. Not in my head, I mean literal expulsion of stomach contents.

Unless the UI gets all the blinking windown when focused, losing focus and just turning your camera removed, I have to consider stopping.

It's the focus changing animations.
At every click stuff keeps getting brighter and darker... terrible terrible.

A lot of people are going to the hospital after this patch...

And then there's the incoming lawsuits against CCP.
"My kid played your game in the last 4 hours and I found him on the floor with foam on his mouth"

The people that wrote in the feedback forum from SISI "I love the new UI" DIDN'T ACTUALLY PLAY THE F'KIN GAME !
This UI It's the worst change I ever seen since I started this game for years ago!

Considering a direct and total stop in trying to play it until the damn thing is usable again...

--
P.S. Flat icons = S*H*I*T
Murkar Omaristos
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#129 - 2014-12-09 16:06:47 UTC
Quote:
Quote: Peter Grayson
New rendering make ships way too shiny… Is there a way to mke them less bling-bling ?

Quote:Soldarius
I'd like to see the reflectivity of ship surfaces turned down a notch.

Quote: Doc Fury
The new ship skins/textures are shiny... literally.

Quote: Crumplecorn
General feedback: the ships look like ****.

Quote: Jovian Disease
Remember the nice Gallente blue on ships ?
http://img-9gag-ftw.9cache.com/photo/a0P1r4q_700b.jpg

Quote: Heinrich Wotgang
1) New rendering: looks like someone checked the "full bright" box and turned the shiny slider to 100%. You might want to add spinners to all galente ships.
Quote:
Peter GraysonNew rendering make ships way too shiny… Is there a way to mke them less bling-bling ?

Quote: Kalpel
My ishkur looks awful, zero color detail from the back, it looks cheap, fake and plastic now

Quote:
Tyr Dolorem Why does my cynabal look like it's made of velvet?

Quote: Kell Taron
The Gallente ships are way too shiny, it looks tacky to me. More like Christmas tree decorations!

Quote: Teebling
  • IMO this has been a step backwards for the game's art direction. Every ship is now duller (less saturated colours), very poor contrast and generally look matte/unrealistic. Highest graphics settings (HDR disabled). This is the biggest disappointment for me.
  • What's more is that not only has this made every ship in the game look worse, but its also very inconsistent across the different ship models (Amarr hulls are ridiculously bright/golden after patch whilst Caldari ships are now even more dull in appearance).

• Quote: Kalpel
    Most of my ships shine way to much now, They look fake and plastic like some cheap MMO

Hmm.....if only there was a big long thread about this somewhere weeks in advance saying this should be fixed before the release and giving CCP a warning that this would be the response from the community!
    Cpt Tirel
    Institute For Continuous Glory
    #130 - 2014-12-09 16:08:32 UTC
    Everything is awesome :)
    Parah Salin McCain
    Republic Military School
    Minmatar Republic
    #131 - 2014-12-09 16:08:42 UTC
    Oraac Ensor wrote:
    Parah Salin McCain wrote:
    Sabrina Scatterbrain wrote:
    A gig and a half? WTF are you smoking?

Hi, welcome to 2014, time to upgrade from your 56k modem and get broadband.

Yeah, broadband is great.

Been running for 4hrs 25mins and just coming up to 95% complete.

Hai, your internet service provider's inadequacies are the problem, not CCP's patch size.
    Milla Goodpussy
    Garoun Investment Bank
    #132 - 2014-12-09 16:10:46 UTC
    Quadima wrote:
    Adrie Atticus wrote:

I felt nauseated after first 30 minutes on live version, wheere I could spend an hour on SiSi without issues. I've now tried to play for an hour and I've vomited once. Not in my head, I mean literal expulsion of stomach contents.

Unless the UI gets all the blinking windown when focused, losing focus and just turning your camera removed, I have to consider stopping.

It's the focus changing animations.
    At every click stuff keeps getting brighter and darker... terrible terrible.

A lot of people are going to the hospital after this patch...

And then there's the incoming lawsuits against CCP.
    "My kid played your game in the last 4 hours and I found him on the floor with foam on his mouth"

The people that wrote in the feedback forum from SISI "I love the new UI" DIDN'T ACTUALLY PLAY THE F'KIN GAME !
    This UI It's the worst change I ever seen since I started this game for years ago!

Considering a direct and total stop in trying to play it until the damn thing is usable again...

--

you know.. I kinda agree.. this visual change is causing way more eye strain than expected.. I wonder if they'll acknowledge the feedback.. it actually hurts my eyes looking at some of the models.. and who in the hell told them to make gallente ships this shiney!!!... the moros's looks aweful,, the erebus even worse.. the shiney is gone thru the roof.. it hurts the eyes ccp.. understand this..

you're making our eyes bleed.. im actually in pain abit trying to see what im doing.. I don't get it. I really don't understand how you guys did not take your time with this.. it hurts the EYE.. that is NOT a good thing..

make the UI opt-in.. please hear us
    Aryth
    University of Caille
    Gallente Federation
    #133 - 2014-12-09 16:11:19 UTC
    The new UI is far too washed out for some items. Allowing us to adjust the contrast of tabs (inactive ones) and set individual schemes for NEOcon buttons would help a lot.

What I mean is, you have a nice cool red B for the beta map. Why not have the ability to colorize each button individually? Green scheme for wallet button, blue industry etc.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

Ni Mohna
    Imperial Academy
    Amarr Empire
    #134 - 2014-12-09 16:11:36 UTC
    I have not yet understood what this ridiculous new fab for "flat design" is all about. At the least give people a CHOICE of UI, instead of ramming this "flat design" crap down people's throat.
    Where's the creativity in this? No color, no look, no feel, no life... it's just this flat, ugly, lifeless, 90's style interface that makes things harder to see and distinguish. There is no useability advantage to this, what so ever.

Flat Design the the most horrible design idea ever and it's just being forced into everything, and there is just no way to get away from it. WHY?

Change for the sake of change is NOT GOOD, okay???
    St Lamarque
    Dusk Mirror
    #135 - 2014-12-09 16:11:54 UTC
    Quadima wrote:
    [quote=Adrie Atticus]

+100500
    Benny Ohu
    Chaotic Tranquility
    #136 - 2014-12-09 16:12:47 UTC
    window blur should prolly turn itself off when transparency is set to zero
    Oraac Ensor
    #137 - 2014-12-09 16:14:48 UTC
    Oraac Ensor wrote:
    Sabrina Scatterbrain wrote:
    A gig and a half? WTF are you smoking?

Hi, welcome to 2014, time to upgrade from your 56k modem and get broadband.

Yeah, broadband is great.

Been running for 4hrs 25mins and just coming up to 95% complete.

Hai, your internet service provider's inadequacies are the problem, not CCP's patch size.

Nothing to do with my SP.

Downloading from other sources isn't anything like that slow.
    Saturday Beerun
    Lost Ark Enterprises
    #138 - 2014-12-09 16:15:05 UTC
    So far all the ships Ive seen look like cheap dinky toys.Not a good thing.UI is worse.All the pretty icons have gone, replaced by sanitary flat boring unaesthetic shambolic entities. Why is customisation being binned?What happened to art and style?See through,why?Blurred,why?

I Want The Black Vindicator Back

Daemun Khanid
    Corbeau de sang
    #139 - 2014-12-09 16:19:10 UTC
    Benny Ohu wrote:
    window blur should prolly turn itself off when transparency is set to zero

I haven't checked it but I assume pinned windows will still utilize the blur. A good reason for not disabling it automatically when its set to 0. Personally the blur destroys my frame rate with lots of windows open so it's off for me anyway.

Daemun of Khanid

Parah Salin McCain
    Republic Military School
    Minmatar Republic
    #140 - 2014-12-09 16:19:32 UTC
    Oraac Ensor wrote:

Nothing to do with my SP.

Downloading from other sources isn't anything like that slow.

20,000 other players who have been online for the last 4 hours disagree.