These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Players Police.

First post
Author
Dredd Slider
Doomheim
#61 - 2014-12-08 16:33:08 UTC
I am the law
Judge
jury
Executioner

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#62 - 2014-12-08 16:34:55 UTC
The game isn't about "blowing up spaceships." Some people may play for that...others may play to do trading or manufacturing...others may do collaborative PvE. CODE doesn't get to define the game as being solely about destruction. Nor do they get to denigrate people for being upset when months of their labor is destroyed due to a CRIMINAL suicide gank. If it was just about "pixels in a game" we wouldn't see so many folks rage here when nerfs to ganking are suggested. People are often emotionally invested in the fruits of their labor, and it's not unreasonable to experience emotional distress when such are destroyed, all the more so when such destruction takes place in contravention of the law.
Paranoid Loyd
#63 - 2014-12-08 16:45:03 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
The game isn't about "blowing up spaceships."

Yes it is, without spaceships blowing up there would be no economy to do the building and trading.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

XeX Znndstrup
#64 - 2014-12-08 16:57:24 UTC  |  Edited by: XeX Znndstrup
Right, pilot.

Injustice has always deep emotional impacts.
When you establish the facts the weak was murdered
only for the pleasure of seeing him suffering, The Law
will accept to confront the terrible reality.

By the fire of damnation.

Be patient.
We are on the road.

First of him has been punished by our dogs of war.
He and his brothers will know this until they will find again the way
of positive security status.

Judge of The Law Organization and President of Stellar Order.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light". John Milton, Lost Paradise.

@ /// f

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#65 - 2014-12-08 16:57:48 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
The game isn't about "blowing up spaceships."

Yes it is, without spaceships blowing up there would be no economy to do the building and trading.

Wrong. The economy would still function because people are always looking to buy new and better ships. Not to mention new players entering the game who need ships, and old players who stop playing taking their goods off the market. Demand is not capped, hence we do not need destruction to fuel the economy.

Example: L4 runners and incursion runners rarely use ships...and yet there is tremendous demand for the ships and modules used in these. Always new people coming in who need new stuff.

The game isn't about destruction...it's about doing whatever you WANT to do. It's not a blow em up game, like World of Tanks...it's a free functioning open universe game.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#66 - 2014-12-08 18:07:57 UTC
TL;DR but as a nearly 11 year vet i'll post where I want... so STORY TIME!

Back in the year 2005/2006 my corp Net 7 was living in the Tew system We had made friends with another corp who moved to this area. Tew is a boarder system of providence, its about 5 jumps or so from the Kari pipe. And to the east is a section of low sec. We dabbled in low sec a bit and met a group of players that called themselves the DJTF or Derelik Joint Task Force. We had about six corps of various sizes that was an anti pirate group. Our goal at the time was to try and keep the low sec systems of Derelik clear of pirate activities.

We learned very fast that this was easier said then done. Ignoring that fact that a lot of us were inexperences in pvp at the time, and tended to get our asses handed to us, we also ran into game mechanic issues. There is no real way you can be anti pirate without becoming one yourself.

We had a list of people and groups we knew prayed on miners and haulers and would attack them freely. But it quickly made us pirates as well.

With the changes to bounty hunting and kill rights this task has now been made eaiser. But at the same time, being an anti-pirate is difficult. Personally I feel that concord should become a faction and you should eb able to join that faction and help police low sec areas. This would give new dynamics. I also feel that the bounting hunting mechanic needs to be looked at again. And as opposed to just grabing the kill right in space, there should be a market place where you can buy specific kill rights and hunt someone down after getting them.

But anyway. Can it be done without mechanics? yes. is it easy? no.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

XeX Znndstrup
#67 - 2014-12-08 18:26:38 UTC
Pirate is one thing.
CODE is another.

The Law identifies assassins.
No mistake possible. Their confirmed negative status betrays them.

You will not be a pirate. He kills for money.
You will not be a CODE agent. He kills to avoid anyone to mine selfishly (if i read the words of his paranoiac leader).

You will be the purifiying fire of an incurable predator.

For the benefit of human kind in New Eden.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light". John Milton, Lost Paradise.

@ /// f

Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#68 - 2014-12-08 18:47:01 UTC
Woop Woop, sound of police.

On a serious note I had a blast while living in provi going round in my Polist pursuit Comet taking on reds. You should definatly try this some time OP.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#69 - 2014-12-08 19:17:38 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it.

The Rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Tenchi Sal
White Knights of Equestria
#70 - 2014-12-08 19:48:15 UTC
Pretty hard to "police" or really hunt down pirates in high sec. CCP welfare protection gives pirates plenty of cover.

Aggress their red blinking ship on the gate.. they jump through leaving you with a 30 second timer unable to chase behind.

They blow something up... they warp away instantly in a pod.

Wait for them to camp them at the station... CCP gives them immunity at the undock, just enough time to warp away.

Why do you think so many of them roam around so freely in destroyers looking for easy kills? They have a ton of protection on their side to do what they want.
XeX Znndstrup
#71 - 2014-12-08 19:51:47 UTC
If they have means, we have the same.

@ /// f

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#72 - 2014-12-08 20:36:52 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
XeX Znndstrup wrote:
Pirate is one thing.
CODE is another.

The Law identifies assassins.
No mistake possible. Their confirmed negative status betrays them.

You will not be a pirate. He kills for money.
You will not be a CODE agent. He kills to avoid anyone to mine selfishly (if i read the words of his paranoiac leader).

You will be the purifiying fire of an incurable predator.

For the benefit of human kind in New Eden.

So a new rebellion it is.

Do you have any plans already or a time table on how you will progress on your crusade against the legitimate government which is our Supreme Protector James 315 and the New Order of Highsec?

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.

Anyway, I am looking forward to a lot of goodfights, explosions and fun. Player created content is the best content, no matter on which side you are (actually that's not true, it's much more fun on our side).

See you in space
Agent Ima Wreckyou
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#73 - 2014-12-08 20:49:20 UTC
I have eleven police frigates if anyone is interested in forming a constabulary.

It's time to take back New Eden, folks!

Mr Epeen Cool
XeX Znndstrup
#74 - 2014-12-08 21:06:15 UTC  |  Edited by: XeX Znndstrup
Be sure we will consider your valorous stance and your offer, Police Comet capsuleer Epeen.

CODE has no value in our judgment.
But all confirmed negative status assassins of CODE will be judged by The Law like others.
Relevants facts will induce relevant punishments.

We are everywhere and nowhere.
We are Gallente, Caldari, Minmatar or Amarr today but will not tomorrow.
We are silence this day to be storm the next day.

Devils will not see and understand where the light of fire will come from.
No warning. No visible entity. No pain.
But no mercy nor compassion when capital firing squad will execute the sentence.

@ /// f

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#75 - 2014-12-08 21:30:13 UTC
XeX Znndstrup wrote:
Be sure we will consider your valorous stance and your offer, Mr Epeen.

What are the numbers behind we? Does not need to be exact, an approximation will do.
XeX Znndstrup
#76 - 2014-12-08 21:54:33 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
XeX Znndstrup wrote:

What are the numbers behind we? Does not need to be exact, an approximation will do.

Keep your honor, confirmed negative status capsuleer.
The best number isn't the number of the beast.

@ /// f

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#77 - 2014-12-08 22:13:44 UTC
XeX Znndstrup wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
XeX Znndstrup wrote:

Keep your honor, confirmed negative status capsuleer.
The best number isn't the number of the beast.

Hay, keep us out of this.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#78 - 2014-12-08 22:48:11 UTC
I have removed a post containing a reply to an edited out part of the post it quoted.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#79 - 2014-12-08 22:55:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Tenchi Sal wrote:
Pretty hard to "police" or really hunt down pirates in high sec. CCP welfare protection gives pirates plenty of cover.

Aggress their red blinking ship on the gate.. they jump through leaving you with a 30 second timer unable to chase behind.

They blow something up... they warp away instantly in a pod.

Wait for them to camp them at the station... CCP gives them immunity at the undock, just enough time to warp away.

Why do you think so many of them roam around so freely in destroyers looking for easy kills? They have a ton of protection on their side to do what they want.

Weapons timer is 60 seconds, not 30.

All of those mechanics you listed above are exactly the same that you have available to use also. Of course, it's hard to use them AFK.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#80 - 2014-12-08 23:01:08 UTC
If anyone thinks EVE's economy would work without destruction, I invite you to look at Archeage, where building a top tier Delphinad item takes (on average) 64 crafting attempts, each of which consumes well over 1000 labor points from crafting characters and many more from gatherers. If we assume it's a total of 120000 LP needed, that's about 100 days you need to remain subscribed.

Titans take less than half of that, and you can build thirty-three of them on one account at once.

But titan production cost is based upon them being a consumable, not a permanent, indestructible power upgrade.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com