These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The price of heresy

First post First post
Author
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#401 - 2014-12-03 03:51:58 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:
Nah, the longer it goes without anything actually happening to Veers, the better.

Agreed! No one has done more than I have to expose the highsec griefer community as a bunch of empty gasbags. Bluster, threats, failed wardeccs, and throngs of ganking speculation...but no actual actions taken. The joke of Eve,

Wait... you're calling someone, anyone... I mean ANYONE else an empty gasbag? ROFL. Don't stop being you man, seriously. Keep on f*cking that chicken, even if there's nothing but blood and feathers left.

That is the funniest thing I have read in quite a long while.

Blood and feathers. Epic.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#402 - 2014-12-04 08:06:02 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
Had a spunky russian Raven pilot drive me off with a barbed whip via judicious use of drones, precision cruise missiles and a heavy neut just the other morning. I simply could not carry enough cap boosters to carry the day and had to warp off mourning the loss of four of my hob 2's.

You'll never see the big picture Veers, because there's no board for the fights that don't end in an explosion.
There's no resource out there for the ones who fought to stalemate, those who were ransomed, and those who engaged and then realized in horror what they had just done and warped off before the Inquisitor got to within scram range.

In short, without having been there there's no way you can actually understand what goes down. You have no idea what 'most of the ships' I am hitting have to bring to bear, and neither do I until they actually open up. All I start out with is a rough guess based on what their hull bonuses are and whatever info I can eke out of D-scan as I'm warping to them.

Oh, an afterthought. The reason you never see the defender having drones on the killmails is because the Inquisitor in question has to destroy those before they take out the vessel if they wish to have a chance at that happy ending. So, regardless of what they had, unless they pop with drones still in their bay they will not show up on the KM.

Actually, I have observed that things are not so one-sided. A lot of rhetoric out there is "hurr durr gankers are just having a free for all with other players" but in reality I see people fighting back all of the time and the outcome is still ultimately up to the players involved.

I think in the end a good time is being had by most (not all of course but hey you can't please everybody).

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#403 - 2014-12-04 10:01:09 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
Had a spunky russian Raven pilot drive me off with a barbed whip via judicious use of drones, precision cruise missiles and a heavy neut just the other morning. I simply could not carry enough cap boosters to carry the day and had to warp off mourning the loss of four of my hob 2's.

You'll never see the big picture Veers, because there's no board for the fights that don't end in an explosion.
There's no resource out there for the ones who fought to stalemate, those who were ransomed, and those who engaged and then realized in horror what they had just done and warped off before the Inquisitor got to within scram range.

In short, without having been there there's no way you can actually understand what goes down. You have no idea what 'most of the ships' I am hitting have to bring to bear, and neither do I until they actually open up. All I start out with is a rough guess based on what their hull bonuses are and whatever info I can eke out of D-scan as I'm warping to them.

Oh, an afterthought. The reason you never see the defender having drones on the killmails is because the Inquisitor in question has to destroy those before they take out the vessel if they wish to have a chance at that happy ending. So, regardless of what they had, unless they pop with drones still in their bay they will not show up on the KM.

Actually, I have observed that things are not so one-sided. A lot of rhetoric out there is "hurr durr gankers are just having a free for all with other players" but in reality I see people fighting back all of the time and the outcome is still ultimately up to the players involved.

I think in the end a good time is being had by most (not all of course but hey you can't please everybody).

Whilst the circumstances are Very much engineered in our favour ,we have all lost ships to bears.
sometimes they know what's up and bite back, sometimes we do everything right and still leave grid in a pod .
it's far from a sure (or even easy) thing .
That's one reason why we contact them afterwards.
Yes there's the delicious metagaming but it's fun and engaging when the bears make it so and anyone willing and able to generate fun for everyone ,even if it is simply fighting for their life, gets a genuine offer to see it from the other side and potentially do so themselves.
we like fun, and would like to do so with people we know can provide itBlink
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#404 - 2014-12-04 21:19:39 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Omar and Major must be beloved of GOD in their holy quest, for how else can we explain this response to the heresies of one Veers Belvar (who?)...

*Snip* Please refrain from posting private in game correspondence outside the Pirate story thread. ISD Ezwal.e
Major Sniper > no no no
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#405 - 2014-12-05 00:02:49 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Omar and Major must be beloved of GOD in their holy quest, for how else can we explain this response to the heresies of one Veers Belvar (who?)...

*Snip* Please refrain from posting private in game correspondence outside the Pirate story thread. ISD Ezwal.

This was actually a decent kill. Anyone stupid enough to

a) fly a 1.2 billion isk battlecruiser, and worse
b) shoot on yellow flashy AFs in their 1.2 billion is battlecruiser

deserves to learn a painful lesson.
Six Beavers
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#406 - 2014-12-05 00:36:28 UTC
C1 Black Hole wrote:
Cry Stahp. Im ******* tearing up right now you guys.

I feel like I could be your mother.
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#407 - 2014-12-05 00:41:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Omar Alharazaad
The sad thing is that if this fellow had even just ONE friend he could have called upon this would have ended differently. My incursus simply did not have what it took to break his cap stable tank. After fifteen minutes of being suspect and nothing I picked up MY batphone and kudos to Major Sniper and Charlie Delta Adoudel for coming running. We had to ferry in extra ammo and cap charges to pull this off, and incidentally that's what triggered him into aggressing Major. Meanwhile CDA hung out nearby keeping an eye on D-Scan as one of our favorite people was in system. Neuts and added DPS tipped the battle in our favor.

Bottom line is that with help from friends this would not have happened. Well, that and if he'd simply not aggressed the second ship it would have ended in a 'stallmate' as he so eloquently put it. Given that instead of using the 15 minutes of suspect timer to ask for help from the 40+ folks in local, or even offer to pay for help, he instead chose to rant I can't even come close to feeling any kind of remorse about all this.Cool

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Rein Chelien
Nova Express
#408 - 2014-12-05 00:44:27 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Veers Belvar wrote:

*Snip* Please refrain from posting private in game correspondence outside the Pirate story thread. ISD Ezwal.

This was actually a decent kill. Anyone stupid enough to

a) fly a 1.2 billion isk battlecruiser, and worse
b) shoot on yellow flashy AFs in their 1.2 billion is battlecruiser

deserves to learn a painful lesson.

Wha-wha-what!? Wait. You have previously advised people to fly said 1.2 billion ISK ships.

Quote:
2. Learn to fit your ships properly. T2 and faction/deadspace modules only, please.

If you look at that kill mail you'll see: T2, faction and deadspace modules. Fifteen of the eighteen modules are in fact of that type hence the bling boat.

So given that you believe that the pilot of this boat "deserves to learn a painful lesson" and that this dude followed your advice I'm confused as to where we disagree at this point. Seems like you may finally be HTFU.

Congrats!
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#409 - 2014-12-05 00:49:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Veers Belvar
[

Yes - ON A BATTLESHIP. WITH A BIG TANK. And a whole lot of ehp. Plus, don't be stupid enough to fire on yellow flashies. If you fit a nice deadspace tank on a big battleship, avoid aggression, and force the to suicide gank you, that makes their life a whole lot harder.

If you are stupid enough to aggress them....well....at least it's a mistake you only make once (full disclosure - I never did. My amusement was to troll them into thinking I was going to shoot, and then offering to negotiate a loot split. After a while they realized they were being trolled and left, emptyhanded).
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#410 - 2014-12-05 14:58:04 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
...if he'd simply not aggressed the second ship it would have ended in a 'stallmate' as he so eloquently put it...
Rumor has it there are two hail-Mary passes to the endzone that can be made in these cases...

One, have a bro throw 4 small unstable power flucts in an Orca maint bay, and fly them out to you; you refit mid-fight to full neuts, cap the uber-tank out, then go two neuts and two guns to dink him to death. Sadly, your bear went full cap recharger rtard, so that wouldn't work in his case..

However, hail-Mary #2 is bumpageddon. Have a gang of bro's hop in bump ships and bring along a pwnboat you can also fly. They bump him continually to prevent warp out, while you drop point, wait out your 1 min aggro timer, then eject and hot-swap with your bro for the pwnboat. Very hard to do, but gratifying when executed well, or so I hear.

(Sadly this was infinitely easier back in the day before the Smodag Ongalot nerf, as CCP now prevents ship boarding for 1 minute after aggro. I ask, when do these unjust travesties against content creators ever end?...)

We must make our own justice.

F

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#411 - 2014-12-05 16:00:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Rein Chelien wrote:

Wha-wha-what!? Wait. You have previously advised people to fly said 1.2 billion ISK ships.

yeah, you dont actually have to discredit mr "blood and feathers ",
just keep him talking long enough and he'll do it himselfBig smile

Veers Belvar wrote:
My amusement was to troll them into thinking I was going to shoot, and then offering to negotiate a loot split. After a while they realized they were being trolled and left, emptyhanded).

well look at you giving the carebare stare, i bet they told all their buddies about the stariest of bears.
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#412 - 2014-12-09 14:17:59 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
One wonders how Veers Belvar's heart can become so hardened, so blackened, so callous -- that the murder of eleven innocent carebears means nothing to him. Despicable, really...

--

No chicken is safe.

F
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#413 - 2014-12-09 16:07:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Omar Alharazaad
No response forthcoming on this one. I can only assume that the champion of highsec PVE is currently too deeply involved in a Rhode Island Red at the moment to comment.
I mean, nothing? This is EXACTLY the kind of ship that was requested to sate the ego. I went all out on this, an exotic dancer (female) AND a slaver hound in my cargo hold in case of failure. What more is necessary? Must I risk my poor disabused fedo as well?
Edit: No purple or blue mods, so I guess not good enough.

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#414 - 2014-12-09 16:34:57 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Ha! That fit...ughhh....I fully endorse ridding New Eden of space garbage like this. I've never seen a poor Vindicator butchered so badly. At first I thought it must be a troll. As a rule - blowing up other people isn't going to have much of an impact on me. Sure, I'm a nice guy, but risk is part of the game, and people need to be able to replace their own losses. I know that I have 25 billion isk in my wallet and could easily replace a lost battleship.

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#415 - 2014-12-09 16:45:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Omar Alharazaad
I do know I like to be paid for being blown... oh wait. That's something else. You know Veers, we're having quite a bit of fun with this. Have you ever considered that your New Eden experience may be enhanced by killing your own kind? I chose this path rather than that of a miner ganker when I quit mining, but I've had no regrets ever since, as the game has become a great deal more enjoyable to me since then. Come on over to the dark side, we have cookies and will show you how to do the murderdance.

Edit: Granted, we also take a great deal of pleasure in killing our own kind, as evidenced not but a couple hours later as my poor ishkur got cynaballed to death by one of our biggest fans while trying to put the fatal tickle to a Scorpion Navy Issue.

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#416 - 2014-12-09 17:28:53 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Sure, I'm a nice guy

Contrasted with your sh1tposting getting a bunch of innocents murdered, I would actually say you are quite the bastard.

Veers Belvar wrote:
...but risk is part of the game

Did I just go through a wormhole into a parallel universe where Spock has a goatee?

Haven't you polluted numerous threads with various cries for nerfs, while demonizing those who create content? And now you claim to accept risk as normal part of EvE life?

A good start, but we mustn't be swayed by this half-recant of nerf-hisec heresies...until Veers displays consistent adoption of the one true faith of holy non-consensual buttsex, the murders sadly must continue.

GOD WILLS IT.

F
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#417 - 2014-12-09 19:28:09 UTC
I'll further Feyd's point.

We shoot people in the face (in-game obviously) and then offer to help them afterwards, we do not mock their shitfits to their faces.
sure we will have a giggle about it afterwards amongst ourselves while sitting around a gate but we don't actively take the pisss out of them like you did in that mail....cos that's being a knob about it.
evidently you're not all that nice a guy veers.
Anslo
Scope Works
#418 - 2014-12-09 21:14:40 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Flidais Asagiri
EDITED: by ISD Flidais Asagiri

Post contained insults and had no redeeming commentary on this thread.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#419 - 2014-12-09 21:19:23 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Sure, I'm a nice guy

Contrasted with your sh1tposting getting a bunch of innocents murdered, I would actually say you are quite the bastard.

Veers Belvar wrote:
...but risk is part of the game

Did I just go through a wormhole into a parallel universe where Spock has a goatee?

Haven't you polluted numerous threads with various cries for nerfs, while demonizing those who create content? And now you claim to accept risk as normal part of EvE life?

A good start, but we mustn't be swayed by this half-recant of nerf-hisec heresies...until Veers displays consistent adoption of the one true faith of holy non-consensual buttsex, the murders sadly must continue.

GOD WILLS IT.

F

To answer all 3 points. I'm not interested in ganking/suspect baiting/pvp in highsec. I do PvE in highsec, and PvP in low/null.

I do think part of being a nice guy is giving some tough love to failfitters. Any know who can afford a Vindi should do some basic fitting research online. Failfitting hurts us PvE players by letting ze bad people scoop more loot. You guys shoot them up and don't give them advice on how to improve. I give them the hard conversation about learning to fit your ******* ship properly. I leave it to the readers to decide who is ACTUALLY the good guy here.

I've never advocated removing ganking or suspect baiting from highsec. Risk is part of the game. Stupid and broken mechanics are not.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#420 - 2014-12-09 21:21:11 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Flidais Asagiri
EDITED: by ISD Flidais Asagiri

Keep the name calling to none please, post constructively or not at all