These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

♛♛ Bobmon, CSM 10 ♛♛

First post First post First post
Author
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#61 - 2014-12-04 17:15:48 UTC
Bobmon wrote:
Jump fatigue had increadable effects but it ruins a lot of fun for the individual pilot. I hate this, I find it very strange that me as a individual pilot im forced to basicly not use a certain ship because it will stop me later on in joining up fleets.

I still don't understand what is stopping you from taking gates to join up with your fleet? What is preventing you from choosing a faster ship to meet up with them if they are far away?
Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#62 - 2014-12-04 18:27:38 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Bobmon wrote:
Jump fatigue had increadable effects but it ruins a lot of fun for the individual pilot. I hate this, I find it very strange that me as a individual pilot im forced to basicly not use a certain ship because it will stop me later on in joining up fleets.

I still don't understand what is stopping you from taking gates to join up with your fleet? What is preventing you from choosing a faster ship to meet up with them if they are far away?


The ''join in a frigate and take gates'' approach is indeed an option, but not one that I like. This is because it simply doesnt work in actual in day-to-day fleet concepts. Frigates are important but if you have a pilot who can fly the main ship then they should. Also let's not forget that pilots join fleets because they know they get kills, That's what gets them excited, and I don't want this excitement to be hurt by being forced into frigate.

Sure with Jump Fatigue you fixes the problem off alliances being able to jump all over the map but you are forgetting that those fleets all have members in them, who do things in EVE on their own as well. Compare it to when you break your arm, you go to the docter and he fully wraps you in with plaster because he then has fixed the problem, right? Yeah, he did fix your problem, but meanwhile he created a lot more because you are fully wrapped up...





@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

progodlegend
Syndicate Enterprise
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#63 - 2014-12-04 20:26:45 UTC
Throwing my support to Bobmon for being an active EVE player in many parts of the game and being a very active community member. He is legitimately concerned with what's going on in EVE and will make an excellent CSM member.
Agmar McMoney Team
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2014-12-04 23:00:22 UTC
AGMAR APPROVED MESSAGE DUDERS
McMelch
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#65 - 2014-12-05 14:28:48 UTC
He will definitly be a tryhard in every regard, and in a job like that thats a good thing. He is also a really good dude who has collected experience in most aspects of the game.

I thought I'd never say that but I'll actually vote Bobmon.
Except if he takes chrytis' slogan, god damn

chrytis plz
corbexx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#66 - 2014-12-06 13:48:54 UTC  |  Edited by: corbexx
Would you care to comment on the tweefleet.net that evenews has just setup and how alot of people on twitter who use #tweetfleet are rather annoyed about this.

https://twitter.com/evenews24/status/541150823917813760/photo/1
Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#67 - 2014-12-06 14:29:15 UTC
corbexx wrote:
Would you care to comment on the tweefleet.net that evenews has just setup and how alot of people on twitter who use #tweetfleet are rather annoyed about this.

https://twitter.com/evenews24/status/541150823917813760/photo/1


I run EN24 not the whole network

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Sion Kumitomo
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2014-12-06 14:30:28 UTC
What gives with this tweetfleet grab? Why did you steal an existing vibrant and open community? Are you really that greedy to think you can establish ownership over something we have all shared freely for so long?

On twitter @siggonK

riverini
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2014-12-06 14:35:57 UTC
Sion Kumitomo wrote:
What gives with this tweetfleet grab? Why did you steal an existing vibrant and open community? Are you really that greedy to think you can establish ownership over something we have all shared freely for so long?


I am the owner of Tweetfleet.net, registered it a few years ago. This is a side project of mine. You are welcome to go there and post.

RIVERINI / EVENEWS24 @evenews24

Mangala Solaris
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#70 - 2014-12-06 14:46:27 UTC
Bobmon wrote:
corbexx wrote:
Would you care to comment on the tweefleet.net that evenews has just setup and how alot of people on twitter who use #tweetfleet are rather annoyed about this.

https://twitter.com/evenews24/status/541150823917813760/photo/1


I run EN24 not the whole network



That may be the case, however EN24 is the most visible and public part of the EN24 network, and you as its editor are rightly associated with your sites wider network and any actions positive or negative that come about.

So echoing Corbexx here, what is your take on your employers blatant hijacking of a well used and loved community identity for his own ends?
Drackarn
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#71 - 2014-12-06 15:09:08 UTC
Bobmon wrote:
corbexx wrote:
Would you care to comment on the tweefleet.net that evenews has just setup and how alot of people on twitter who use #tweetfleet are rather annoyed about this.

https://twitter.com/evenews24/status/541150823917813760/photo/1


I run EN24 not the whole network



I think the question was would you care to comment, not what is your relationship to the site.

As you are a CSM X hopeful I would too like to hear your views on EN24 Network attempting to "steal" the #tweetfleet. Obviously this has made a lot of the community very angry, so what do you think about this situation?

http://sandciderandspaceships.blogspot.com/

Jassmin Joy
Pulling The Plug
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#72 - 2014-12-06 15:51:31 UTC
Drackarn wrote:
Bobmon wrote:
corbexx wrote:
Would you care to comment on the tweefleet.net that evenews has just setup and how alot of people on twitter who use #tweetfleet are rather annoyed about this.

https://twitter.com/evenews24/status/541150823917813760/photo/1


I run EN24 not the whole network



I think the question was would you care to comment, not what is your relationship to the site.

As you are a CSM X hopeful I would too like to hear your views on EN24 Network attempting to "steal" the #tweetfleet. Obviously this has made a lot of the community very angry, so what do you think about this situation?


Except the guy who owns the domain is the guy who did it not bobmon and you're all idiots, no one "stole" anything.
Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#73 - 2014-12-06 16:11:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
Drackarn wrote:
corbexx wrote:



I think the question was would you care to comment, not what is your relationship to the site.

As you are a CSM X hopeful I would too like to hear your views on EN24 Network attempting to "steal" the #tweetfleet. Obviously this has made a lot of the community very angry, so what do you think about this situation?


[quote=Mangala Solaris]

That may be the case, however EN24 is the most visible and public part of the EN24 network, and you as its editor are rightly associated with your sites wider network and any actions positive or negative that come about.

So echoing Corbexx here, what is your take on your employers blatant hijacking of a well used and loved community identity for his own ends?


I know that, the team tried to make a site that would support the already existing community. Thats the reason behind why the name was chosen. Stealing was never something the team wanted to do! support it was their objective. The project was also ment to focus on everything in the community and not have an connection to en24 at all (excapt same server and a few shared moderator positions). Moderators position would be givin to those who are known for their work in the community.

I always gets sad when the community gets angry. What I think about this situation? I think it was a good idea to make a new / active forum.

About the name? they had the intention to help not to steal so It yeah..

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Sion Kumitomo
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2014-12-06 16:32:23 UTC
Bobmon wrote:
I know that, the team tried to make a site that would support the already existing community. Thats the reason behind why the name was chosen. Stealing was never something the team wanted to do! support it was their objective.

I always gets sad when the community gets angry. What I think about this situation? I think it was a good idea to make a new / active forum.

About the name? they had the intention to help not to steal so It yeah..


Are you, as Editor in Chief of EN24 and part of the EN24 network, part of that team?

On twitter @siggonK

Solcan Cadelanne
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#75 - 2014-12-06 16:40:41 UTC
Hang on, I'm confused.

Earlier today you put up a tweet (which since looks like its been deleted) that had explained why you were doing it and that you had 'put this past some people who thought it was a good idea'. It was on your twitter account and signed in your name as CEO of EN24.

Now in this thread your trying to distance yourself from the sight? So in an effort to actually find out what you stand for:

1. Reinstate or put the text of the tweet that has been deleted on this forum.
2. Detail your involvement in the start of this website.
3. Give your personal opinion on what you feel about.

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#76 - 2014-12-06 16:46:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
Sion Kumitomo wrote:
Bobmon wrote:
I know that, the team tried to make a site that would support the already existing community. Thats the reason behind why the name was chosen. Stealing was never something the team wanted to do! support it was their objective.

I always gets sad when the community gets angry. What I think about this situation? I think it was a good idea to make a new / active forum.

About the name? they had the intention to help not to steal so It yeah..


Are you, as Editor in Chief of EN24 and part of the EN24 network, part of that team?


Longer then a year ago Riv approached me with the time. I thought it was potentially great for a supporting platform. So I went out, I guess a year ago, with the name under my arm and asked some active users, how they felt if somebody would support the already exsiting community with a new forum. The reaction I got was positive but we didnt go through it because we had no team to really get it started. I myself didnt have enough time so the project was stopped.

Now others approached me with an idea to create a forum and I told them to contact riv. Riv started up this project and asked my opinion. With my previous obtained knoweldge and The concept of supporting the community I said ok,

I was dragged into a channel and the only thing I did was to make sure that the main focus was still on EN24 and not on Riv's side project. I also tested some early stuff and spent time creating some fun signatures....

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#77 - 2014-12-06 16:50:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
Solcan Cadelanne wrote:
Hang on, I'm confused.

Earlier today you put up a tweet (which since looks like its been deleted) that had explained why you were doing it and that you had 'put this past some people who thought it was a good idea'. It was on your twitter account and signed in your name as CEO of EN24.

Now in this thread your trying to distance yourself from the sight? So in an effort to actually find out what you stand for:

1. Reinstate or put the text of the tweet that has been deleted on this forum.
2. Detail your involvement in the start of this website.
3. Give your personal opinion on what you feel about.



I had noticed it and felt that I was the one responsable (En24 is kinda my baby). I showed it to riv and he said: no, Im the guy who they need to talk to, not you. Riv told me to remove it and so i did. People started asking me questions in this thread and so I thought it was only fair to respond.

https://twitter.com/BobmonEve/status/541275249158131712/photo/1 this was my tweet. Riv told me to take it away because I was protecting him to much

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#78 - 2014-12-06 18:01:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
As I hope all other CSM would do, I took over and we will soon change its name! Have ideas: Mail me!

https://twitter.com/evenews24/status/541284761390829568

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Kiko Stij
Doomheim
#79 - 2014-12-06 21:00:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Kiko Stij
Are you of the eligible age to run for CSM? I recall hearing you're under the minimum age of 21.

Bobmon wrote:
I think it was a good idea to make a new / active forum.


What does that forum provide that others such as FailHeap Challenge, Reddit.com/r/EVE, Zulu Squad, and others don't?

Why did you and Riverini feel the need to tack on the #tweetfleet name to a privately owned site that runs ads if you claim you aren't "stealing" the name from the twitter community for EVE? Since you seem to have made a mistake and decided to change the name, I can only interpret that this was a poorly thought out project to attach yourself to that has upset members of the EVE community.
Elise Randolph
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#80 - 2014-12-07 00:51:52 UTC
When it comes down to potential CSMs, I think the most important factor in any sort of evaluation is passion. When you have someone who is head of one of the games biggest fan-sites, the passion is undeniably there. Ideas and campaign promises are interesting, but the CSM aren't Junior Game Designers. He's got the passion, he's got the motivation to work with the community, and he knows how the game works. Pretty good combo if you ask me.

~