These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Cormorant thought

Author
Sir Culicidae
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2014-12-03 04:58:07 UTC
To any devs that will read this, has there been any thought on redesign, whether slight or large, of the Cormorant? Its a great ship, but its just so... blocky and bland in coloration. Just my personal opinion. The Cormorant is a great warship, and Id love to see it get a makeover. :D
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#2 - 2014-12-03 05:17:21 UTC
It's Caldari. Blocky and bland is how they design things.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2014-12-03 05:18:10 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
It's Caldari. Blocky and bland is how they design things.

They also have a bad habit of naming things wrong. It should have been called Ant. Well... at least they got the Scorpion right.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-12-03 05:23:16 UTC
Sir Culicidae wrote:
To any devs that will read this, has there been any thought on redesign, whether slight or large, of the Cormorant? Its a great ship, but its just so... blocky and bland in coloration. Just my personal opinion. The Cormorant is a great warship, and Id love to see it get a makeover. :D

People like you are the reason we're losing our lances.

#savethelance

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Sir Culicidae
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2014-12-03 05:33:56 UTC
Dont blame me. Lol. I just like a good looking warship. haha. I will ride against you with a lance though. lol
Valkin Mordirc
#6 - 2014-12-03 05:35:38 UTC
I honestly think the Corm look great as is. I wouldn't change a thing about it.
#DeleteTheWeak
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-12-03 05:52:27 UTC
Sir Culicidae wrote:
Dont blame me. Lol. I just like a good looking warship. haha. I will ride against you with a lance though. lol

I actually think it looks pretty decent. Aesthetics are subjective though, so no, we can't credit you for the design of the ship, but your taste is entirely to blame for not liking it.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Altirius Saldiaro
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-12-03 06:18:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Altirius Saldiaro
I think it needs a detailed overhaul. I was looking at it yesterday, and those connection sections of the fuselage look pixelated and out dated. I dont want the overall deaign to change. Its just the details that need some work. Corm is the first ship I enjoyed flying when I was a noob.
Sir Culicidae
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2014-12-03 06:25:57 UTC
Altirius Saldiaro wrote:
I think it needs a detailed overhaul. I was looking at it yesterday, and those connection sections of the fuselage look pixelated and out dated. I dont want the overall deaign to change. Its just the details that need some work. Corm is the first ship I enjoyed flying when I was a noob.

Exactly. Im not talking about making a brand new cormorant, just update the ship design a bit.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#10 - 2014-12-03 06:39:16 UTC
I hope any redesign of this ship includes making it a viable option for suicide ganking.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#11 - 2014-12-03 06:43:45 UTC
ground lighting, spinning rims and a flame job. aside from that the poor man's Noctis needs little help.
Yes, I went there. That's what it's for.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Skurja Volpar
T.R.I.A.D
Ushra'Khan
#12 - 2014-12-03 08:30:37 UTC
I think the corm looks pretty great still.

The rupture is the ship I want to see given some love next, love the shape but the textures look kind of v2 ish.

Sir Culicidae
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2014-12-03 08:37:15 UTC
Skurja Volpar wrote:
I think the corm looks pretty great still.

The rupture is the ship I want to see given some love next, love the shape but the textures look kind of v2 ish.

Haha. Flying Nailgun. The thing of Nightmares.
Serene Repose
#14 - 2014-12-03 08:49:43 UTC
While you're at it, CCP, I have this fabulous mole on my butt I need moved to my cheek. TYVM ahead of time! Big smile

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Kaldi Tsukaya
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
Citizen's Star Republic
#15 - 2014-12-03 09:00:17 UTC
I think the corm is the best hs rat killer, for the isk, in the game. Railfit, of course. Will also maul cats quite effectively too.
And yes, can be a gank ship, though not as well as the cat;)

+1 to spiffing up the details. Flame job, heheh...
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
Space Brutality
#16 - 2014-12-03 14:32:13 UTC
dont change the lights, i like the search lights.

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Sequester Risalo
German Corps of Engineers 17
Federation of Respect Honor Passion Alliance.
#17 - 2014-12-03 15:07:48 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
They also have a bad habit of naming things wrong. It should have been called Ant. Well... at least they got the Scorpion right.

Who else thinks that the drake should've been called woodlouse? But that doesn't sound as belligerent, I presume.
Steppa Musana
Doomheim
#18 - 2014-12-03 15:33:06 UTC
whatever happens with the Cormorant no change to it's stats, its one of the most wonderfully balanced ships in the game
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#19 - 2014-12-03 20:25:25 UTC
Sequester Risalo wrote:

Who else thinks that the drake should've been called woodlouse? But that doesn't sound as belligerent, I presume.

I've always thought the Drake looks like a spider. It kind of has 4 legs on each side, with the two forward ones being outstretched and the remaining 6 pointing out to the side. If you look under the bridge there are two vertical blocks that look like fangs. It has a huge butt that is covered with launchers that spew missiles at you... reminds me of certain spiders who have urticating hairs on their butts which they flick at you when they are pissed off.

The Vexor/Ishtar reminds me more of the woodlouse. My Ishtar is named roly-poly.

As for the original topic... the Comorant is pretty ugly and dated looking. But there are quite a few ships left that are like that. Griffin, Bantam, Osprey, Navitas, Tormentor, Rupture, Probe, Slasher, Breacher.... I don't know why they didn't give the Breacher the same model as the Hound. Take the camouflage paint off, take the big bays on the sides off, change the shape of the solar panels a bit... done. It's a cool looking model and it's a shame that it only exists with a terrible camouflage paint job.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#20 - 2014-12-03 20:51:24 UTC
Sequester Risalo wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Ugly bags of mostly tritanium.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

12Next page