These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

♛♛ Bobmon, CSM 10 ♛♛

First post First post First post
Author
Bam Stroker
Kybernauts
#21 - 2014-12-02 11:38:28 UTC
I've dealt with Bobmon in the context of EVE Down Under and always found him to be a dedicated and upstanding kind of guy. +1

EVE Down Under - a community for players in the AUTZ

In-game channel: evedownunder // Twitter: @evedownunder

https://www.facebook.com/evedownunder

Elazar Keon
DUST Expeditionary Team
Good Sax
#22 - 2014-12-02 12:10:20 UTC
I can live with this......... Roll
Red zeon
Sacred Templars
#23 - 2014-12-02 12:23:42 UTC
Vote yes on a pro rainbow CSM candidate!
Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#24 - 2014-12-02 12:25:53 UTC
Red zeon wrote:
Vote yes on a pro rainbow CSM candidate!


oww Zeon

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

BigSako
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2014-12-02 12:27:20 UTC
inb4 CCP Bobmon
Mail Lite
United Caldari Navy
United Caldari Space Command.
#26 - 2014-12-02 12:42:14 UTC
Good morning EvE pilots,

I can confirm that Bobmon will be getting one of my votes. This is because the guy is very passionate about EvE and certain areas in particular which coincide with my own feelings and areas that I also feel strongly about.

Having worked with Bobmon over the last few months I can confirm that he has a great sense of right and wrong and is a good overall bloke who devotes a lot of his time to EvE and EN24. Never afraid to help new writers or content creators.

Bobmon is an organisational mastermind (as shown by EN24 being a great portal for all your EvE news) and coercing writers and editors to do their jobs is like herding cats, and I can only imagine what dealing with those psychotic PL dudes is like!

Bobmon would make a great CSM and I believe he has all the qualities to do a great Job for the EvE players and will not be afraid of asking the CCP devs the hard questions, as a reporter is want to do.

I just hope he gets one of his EN24 editors to check his statements before going to print, as regular readers of EN24 can probably can tell you... his grasp of the english written language is tenuous at times!

Good luck Bob!

Fly dangerous EvE pilots o/

Mail Lite
EN24 Writer/Editor, BL. Line member, CFC spy.... oh wait forget that last one....
Dwaigon Aumer
Hostile.
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#27 - 2014-12-02 12:48:48 UTC
What are your policies when you are in CSM10, what are your plans for lowsec?

Minmatar FTW!!

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#28 - 2014-12-02 14:16:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
Dwaigon Aumer wrote:
What are your policies when you are in CSM10, what are your plans for lowsec?


I have always worked with the policy of: If you say you will look into something then you better do it. With this policy in mind I will focus on tasks handed to me until they are accomplished.

Lowsec should be a place for people to develop how to pvp as a pilot and as a collective group. The Phoebe patch has been great because it now allowed smaller groups of pilots to harass the bigger guys. I'm very happy with this because it means that lowsec groups get their hands on lowsec assets and over time this will result in lowsec vs. losses instead of lowsec vs. a blob of nullsec.

I do think we should look into how newer pilots/corps/alliance get into lowsec and make it more attractive for them to do so. In my opinion it should be possible for these newer pilots/corps/alliances to basically open the map, Pick a system, move there and make it their homes (like you have in 0.0). In these new home, they can make their isk, grow as a group, Think of ways to protect ''your system'' and possibly expand system wise. This will lead to conflicts that will result in an more active lowsec.

The ways of making isk should of course not be too easy and should have a sense of PVP attached so maybe the new burner missions are a great base to work out off. Now when a group gets ''too big in lowsec'' it should be in their interest to try and move to npc null or even try and poke at owned sov.

TD; LR = Basically make lowsec a good breeding place for pvp pilots/corps/Alliances without making lowsec easier


ps: I have probobly forgotten some things and I will add these over time in the reserved section

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Dirk Action
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2014-12-02 21:16:11 UTC
how do you expect to do what needs to be done on the CSM if you can't even edit a blog site properly?
BadAssMcKill
Aliastra
#30 - 2014-12-02 21:31:27 UTC
Why should NPC nullsec and lowsec lead to the "endgame" of sov null

Why shouldn't they be separate entities for people who don't want to be in the sov game
Salivan Harddin
Out of Focus
Odin's Call
#31 - 2014-12-02 21:49:08 UTC
I don't usually reply to threads like this, but I feel like I need give my personal endorsement.

I have cooperated with Bobmon for a while as a guest writer on EN24 and always found him available, hard working, and a willing listener to my opinions and ideas. The fact that he puts up with my tardiness is reason enough for me to give him my support.
KuroVolt
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#32 - 2014-12-02 21:53:54 UTC
A very hard worker.
Bobmon would make a great CSM member.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#33 - 2014-12-02 21:54:28 UTC
BadAssMcKill wrote:
Why should NPC nullsec and lowsec lead to the "endgame" of sov null

Why shouldn't they be separate entities for people who don't want to be in the sov game


lowsec/npc and such will all stay the same but it should purely be a optional grow path for an alliance to take. More alliances will provide content and content is good

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#34 - 2014-12-02 22:17:05 UTC
Setting aside the tired high -> low -> null theme park design, I'm going to focus on this:

Bobmon wrote:
highsec; first steps, roles and responsibilities aren't clear


This is true, and it is a high sec concern because that's where new players wind up. So, do you have some ideas? What are the pain points here? How much of this is on the game's tutorial offerings? how much on official CCP helpers? how much on other players? How do corps and roles and POSes help this? hinder it?

Also, you leave out step 1, which is currently a matter of urgent concern to CCP: how do new players find and join a corp in the first place?

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#35 - 2014-12-02 22:45:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
Dersen Lowery wrote:
Setting aside the tired high -> low -> null theme park design, I'm going to focus on this:

Bobmon wrote:
highsec; first steps, roles and responsibilities aren't clear


This is true, and it is a high sec concern because that's where new players wind up. So, do you have some ideas? What are the pain points here? How much of this is on the game's tutorial offerings? how much on official CCP helpers? how much on other players? How do corps and roles and POSes help this? hinder it?

Also, you leave out step 1, which is currently a matter of urgent concern to CCP: how do new players find and join a corp in the first place?


''first steps, roles and responsibilities aren't clear'' was a summery of the Tuckman theory

To answer your questions though: CCP is working on new and better tutorials and I think these will be great! It will still remain very hard to let new players understand EVE, but it will help. I dont have any problems with how highsec works because its safe and yet not too safe. I would like to see though that highsec pushes more people in to pvp activities!

In my opinion players find corporations as soon as they figure out that EVE is way more fun while playing with others. I think its good that they sorta get thrown into the deep because it forces them to decide how their future looks!

My main concerns are related to how changes happen within this game. Usually, they fix one issue but create 20 more (Jump fatigue for instance), and I think that we need to look a bit more in-depth to how things affect our game. Another issue I have is that CCP Devs fix issues that they have never experienced themselves, and this is really strange to me. CCP Devs should be allowed to play EVE themselves in order to find really out what is wrong.

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Seraph IX Basarab
Outer Path
#36 - 2014-12-02 23:22:20 UTC
I've known Bob for a while now and his strong work ethic, dedication and personality all speak to the quality of person he is. He'll be a great CSM.
DrunkenOne
Original Sinners
Northern Coalition.
#37 - 2014-12-02 23:45:14 UTC  |  Edited by: DrunkenOne
Fight a war, vote for president, drive a car, have kids, pay taxes....can't be on CSM....what kind of ******** program are ppl running in that frozen tundra of a country??


D1 Out

+1 Bob for CSM.


This message brought to you by the people for Bobmon for CSM 2015!
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#38 - 2014-12-02 23:50:12 UTC
Bobmon wrote:
Dersen Lowery wrote:
Setting aside the tired high -> low -> null theme park design, I'm going to focus on this:

Bobmon wrote:
highsec; first steps, roles and responsibilities aren't clear


This is true, and it is a high sec concern because that's where new players wind up. So, do you have some ideas? What are the pain points here? How much of this is on the game's tutorial offerings? how much on official CCP helpers? how much on other players? How do corps and roles and POSes help this? hinder it?

Also, you leave out step 1, which is currently a matter of urgent concern to CCP: how do new players find and join a corp in the first place?


''first steps, roles and responsibilities aren't clear'' was a summery of the Tuckman theory

To answer your questions though: CCP is working on new and better tutorials and I think these will be great! It will still remain very hard to let new players understand EVE, but it will help. I dont have any problems with how highsec works because its safe and yet not too safe. I would like to see though that highsec pushes more people in to pvp activities!

In my opinion players find corporations as soon as they figure out that EVE is way more fun while playing with others. I think its good that they sorta get thrown into the deep because it forces them to decide how their future looks!

My main concerns are related to how changes happen within this game. Usually, they fix one issue but create 20 more (Jump fatigue for instance), and I think that we need to look a bit more in-depth to how things affect our game. Another issue I have is that CCP Devs fix issues that they have never experienced themselves, and this is really strange to me. CCP Devs should be allowed to play EVE themselves in order to find really out what is wrong.


CCP devs DO play eve. They are just limited as to what role they can take in alliance thanks to T20

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#39 - 2014-12-02 23:52:12 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
[CCP devs DO play eve. They are just limited as to what role they can take in alliance thanks to T20


This is true but not in areas that experience a lot off problems like capital warfare and such

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Jassmin Joy
Pulling The Plug
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#40 - 2014-12-03 00:59:56 UTC
At the end of the day he tries his hardest, and is a likable guy.
+1