These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Crucible 1.0.2 Feedback

First post
Author
Frakir Shedimuthgur
oreRus.
#61 - 2011-12-14 20:32:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Frakir Shedimuthgur
For Vista/7 users with multiple accounts who wish to replicate the window placements to all their chars:
  • Enter game on one char and setup the windows the way you like.
  • Exit game
  • Go to: C:\Users\{Your user name}\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\f_games_eve_tranquility\settings\
  • Find the core_char_{id}.dat file corresponding to the character you just modified the settings for (usually it should be the file having the most Date modified field)
  • Copy that file and rename it overwriting the other existing core_char_ files
  • Be happy

  • Of course, it would have been extremely nice if CCP gave as a choice like this from inside the game, but if I want ease of use I should probably choose another MMO.
    Dez Affinity
    Caldari Provisions
    Caldari State
    #62 - 2011-12-14 21:10:28 UTC
    I really don't feel like, moving 15 different windows on one account, let alone six. I have setup my UI in EVE more times than I can remember and I'm done with this ****. I'm done with it.

    So making me do that, then go to the effort of copying and editing files for 6x3 characters is just plain silly. Especially when I will then have to edit the characters that may be in different corps or alliances and thus need different settings.

    Why couldn't I just keep them as they were? Why can't you figure out how to keep the settings the same after a patch? Are you ********? It's ok if you are but it would help my anger a little more if I knew it was due to some sort of handicap.
    Pa Xiongmao
    Let Me Worry About Blank
    #63 - 2011-12-14 22:31:03 UTC
    The Mac client seems to be bugged. I've never had it freeze in the last year, and tonight it's frozen 4 times. Not particularly happy to do anything outside of high sec (or the more challenging high sec missions) until it gets fixed.
    Zagdul
    H A V O C
    Test Alliance Please Ignore
    #64 - 2011-12-15 01:48:23 UTC
    Can we delete every post in this thread who complains about the moving of the window positions?

    No, really.

    Go play any other MMO on a patch day. Between servers being down for days, to log-in queues to needing to completely re-code your UI because your mods are broken and you need to spend WEEKS rebuilding it... to...

    The last few patches have fixed some of the most annoying bugs with the UI to date and you are seriously bitching about having to spend 5 minutes re-positioning them?

    Get serious.


    The fact that the chat windows don't jump to my mouse anymore is hands down one of the greatest things I've heard in ages.

    Dual Pane idea: Click!

    CCP Please Implement

    Jade Nexia
    CHON
    THE R0NIN
    #65 - 2011-12-15 07:39:47 UTC
    Daedalus II wrote:
    Jade Nexia wrote:
    Jack Dant wrote:
    Robert Caldera wrote:
    in the patchnotes there is no word about the disappearing station menu for some characters.
    For one of my characters there is never a station menu after login, it only appears after undock-cancel.

    Do I maybe miss the patch note or is it simply not being fixed with 1.0.2??

    Do you also get an error about roles as you log-in? If so, it's because you left the market deliveries hangar in another character in the same account. My bug report about it has been unfiltered for two weeks, so I assume it's not fixed yet.

    EDIT: Actually, it's fixed. Also seems window settings are now per-char not per-account. That was a big change!


    Yes this is why all windows got reset, because windows pos was stored in core_user_(account-id).dat and now are stored in core_char_(char-id).dat . Really lame. I have 6 accounts it was hard to keep it same on all clients before, but now nearly impossible because I must maintain windows on 18 characters.

    Who does think that I want windows arranged diferently for each character on account?

    CCP wants new EVE minigame, "arrange windows setting up".

    Maybe you can create one of those virtual file links (forgot what they are called) so all your setting files point towards the same file?


    You can't link core_char_(char-id).dat files together, because if you do and then run more than one client on same machine settings get corrupt. EVE client have these files open for writing. On Windows platform can't have two programs open one file for writing.

    Misunderstood Genius
    Republic Military School
    Minmatar Republic
    #66 - 2011-12-15 10:06:28 UTC
    LOL @ all these "I have to organize my windows again" whiners. How many times were we forced to organize our windows due to a patch the last 6 years? Come on, you crybabies. Post something about the new patch what really matters. To move a few windows to their place takes a few minutes. Compared to massive waste of RL time by playing EVE in general it's a joke.
    Frakir Shedimuthgur
    oreRus.
    #67 - 2011-12-15 11:47:25 UTC
    Zagdul wrote:


    Go play any other MMO on a patch day. Between servers being down for days, to log-in queues to needing to completely re-code your UI because your mods are broken and you need to spend WEEKS rebuilding it... to...

    ...

    The fact that the chat windows don't jump to my mouse anymore is hands down one of the greatest things I've heard in ages
    .


    Bold for the important parts.
    a) if Eve would have UI mods and I would have to redo those, yeah, I would be OK with that. However, the BASE UI is resetting every god damned patch. I don't think that happens in any other MMO out there.
    b) chat windows staying where it's supposed to... hmm... MARVELOUS... but why the **** was it moving in the first place? I don't think that happens in any other MMO out there.

    CCP Bella Bee
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #68 - 2011-12-15 15:02:24 UTC
    Losing window settings was accidental, they were supposed to be migrated properly from user settings to each character settings, and this was fixed in today's update.
    Dez Affinity
    Caldari Provisions
    Caldari State
    #69 - 2011-12-15 15:41:34 UTC
    Misunderstood Genius wrote:
    LOL @ all these "I have to organize my windows again" whiners. How many times were we forced to organize our windows due to a patch the last 6 years? Come on, you crybabies. Post something about the new patch what really matters. To move a few windows to their place takes a few minutes. Compared to massive waste of RL time by playing EVE in general it's a joke.


    If you don't like my feedback, you can eat a ****.

    Just because it's been happening for the past 6 years doesn't mean you should just accept that it will forever be broken. Can't we aspire to something a little better than breaking every patch?

    It takes 15 minutes per character, but it's not even about the time really, it's the soul destroying fact that I log in to see all the settings gone and I have to resize windows and move them around for 15 minutes per character before I can even play the ******* game after I just did that 3 days ago!

    Also, you whining about our feedback, that's rich. Where's your feedback?
    electrostatus
    Center for Advanced Studies
    Gallente Federation
    #70 - 2011-12-15 16:29:28 UTC  |  Edited by: electrostatus
    I had backed up my settings files for this very reason that eve sometimes resets them. Unlike previous times however, I can't just copy them back, as it resets them every time, yet doesn't after that. Why doesn't this work anymore?

    edit: this is interesting, it overwrote my files, but kept the same file size...

    Asteroid Timer: Know exactly when that roid depletes! PI Profit Calculator: calculates your profits and taxes of any PI product depending on how you built them!

    Palovana
    Inner Fire Inc.
    #71 - 2011-12-15 17:50:20 UTC
    Applied today's patch, restored a copy of settings directory from Crucible 1.0.1 and everything is where I left it.

    Glad I backed up before applying 1.0.2 yesterday.

    Allowing us to export all settings would save us a lot of trouble.
    Frakir Shedimuthgur
    oreRus.
    #72 - 2011-12-15 21:26:37 UTC
    CCP Bella Bee wrote:
    Losing window settings was accidental, they were supposed to be migrated properly from user settings to each character settings, and this was fixed in today's update.


    That's why you have QA departments usually. It's not like only a couple of people were affected.
    Navarre Fuego
    Gaston Mining and INdustrial
    #73 - 2011-12-15 22:27:18 UTC
    Oh Dear.
    I may as well cancel both accounts.
    The client doesn't open at all, just a flash of the splash screen and then nothing, and the repair tool fails every time, with or without the firewall enabled.

    One skill queue ends in 3 hours or so, may as well make a start now.
    Anvil44
    Independent Traders and Builders
    #74 - 2011-12-15 23:00:00 UTC
    Minor annoyance really but log in, no one including myself in corp chat. Switch to a different chat window, then back and there I am.

    Windows resizing is annoying only because I can never get it back quite the way it was before so I am never sure if something works as well as before for overall viewing for a few days. Would suck even more if I found out in the middle of PvP that something is opening in the wrong spot and blocking my view of something vital.

    Otherwise, no real complaints.

    I may not like you or your point of view but you have a right to voice it.

    JaseNZ
    EG CORP
    #75 - 2011-12-16 00:39:14 UTC
    I can pin windows again, yay!!!
    CCP Bella Bee
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #76 - 2011-12-16 09:35:37 UTC
    electrostatus wrote:
    I had backed up my settings files for this very reason that eve sometimes resets them. Unlike previous times however, I can't just copy them back, as it resets them every time, yet doesn't after that. Why doesn't this work anymore?

    edit: this is interesting, it overwrote my files, but kept the same file size...

    Is this still the case? In Crucible 1.0.2 window settings were migrated from user to character settings. However there was a nasty bug in the code that would wipe the settings after the migration. This was fixed in yesterday's update, so you should now be able to start the client with your old settings and get them correctly migrated.
    Jarnis McPieksu
    Aliastra
    Gallente Federation
    #77 - 2011-12-16 09:58:55 UTC
    Navarre Fuego wrote:
    Oh Dear.
    I may as well cancel both accounts.
    The client doesn't open at all, just a flash of the splash screen and then nothing, and the repair tool fails every time, with or without the firewall enabled.

    One skill queue ends in 3 hours or so, may as well make a start now.


    Reinstall client? Fix your PC?
    ISquishWorms
    #78 - 2011-12-16 17:04:28 UTC  |  Edited by: ISquishWorms
    Why when fixing bugs do you go and create new ones? Sad

    My chat windows in eve keeps jumping half way up the screen every time I dock. ( Yes I cleared my cache & even my settings)

    ‘No, this isn't it at all. Make it more... psssshhhh’.

    Mira Stargazer
    Epic Warfare
    #79 - 2011-12-16 21:09:15 UTC
    ISquishWorms wrote:

    My chat windows in eve keeps jumping half way up the screen every time I dock. ( Yes I cleared my cache & even my settings)


    This! The windows just don't stay where they are placed.

    I have feelings, I can smile - and murder while!

    Ang Min
    CPD Adventures Pte. Ltd.
    #80 - 2011-12-17 09:21:09 UTC
    CCP Phantom wrote:
    EVE Online: Crucible 1.0.2 has been deployed. This update fixes various issues stemming from the Crucible release. Full patch notes are available here.

    This thread is for general feedback.

    If you encounter any issues please use the Crucible 1.0.2 issues thread here.

    Just a suggestion: instead of creating two separate threads for every patch release, why not just create one "Issues & Feedback" thread? Since it's not always clear what constitutes "feedback" vs. "issue" - looking at the two threads, there are a mixture of both in each one. May be better to keep it simple and just make one thread.