These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The price of heresy

First post First post
Author
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#321 - 2014-12-01 20:52:55 UTC
You tell 'em Veers.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#322 - 2014-12-01 21:05:17 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
your wardecc failed to bother me.

coward

Golden,
absolutely golden.
Dec dodges , calls aggressor a coward.
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#323 - 2014-12-01 21:17:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Veers Belvar wrote:

I want to make highsec safer by restricting -10 gankers and other griefers
Oh your doing a FABULOUS job of achieving your goals Veers!

Now lets quote, from the book of CCP, chapter Falcon, verse HTFU...

CCP Falcon wrote:

"Okay, so what follows is entirely my personal opinion.

It's not a case of not "catering to the tearfilled entitled", it's a case of us staying true to the core of what EVE was built on.

Some of the people complaining in this thread have valid points about the fact that they don't feel safe. Simple fact of the matter is, that you're not suppose to feel safe in New Eden.

Eve is not a game for the faint hearted. It's a game that will chew you up and spit you out in the blink of an eye if you even think about letting your guard down or becoming complacent.

While every other MMO starts off with an intro that tells you you're going to be the savior of the realm, holds your hand, protects you, nurtures your development and ultimately guides you to your destiny as a hero along with several other million players who've had the exact same experience, EVE assaults you from the second you begin to play after you create a character, spitting you out into a universe that under the surface, is so complex that it's enough to make your head explode.

The entire design is based around being harsh, vicious, relentless, hostile and cold. It's about action and reaction, and the story that unfolds as you experience these two things.

True, we're working hard to lower the bar of entry so that more players can enjoy EVE and can get into the game. Our NPE (New Player Experience) is challenging, and we're trying to improve it to better prepare rookies for what lies out there, but when you start to play eve, you'll always start out as the little fish in the big pond.

The only way to grow is to voraciously consume what's around you, and its your choice whether that happens to be New Eden's abundant natural resources, or the other people who're also fighting their way to the top.

EVE is a playing experience like no other, where every action or reaction resonates through a single universe and is felt by players from all corners of the word. There are no shards here, no mirror universes, no instances and very few rules. If you stumble across something valuable, then chances are someone else already knows where you are, or is working their way toward you and you better be prepared to fight for what you've discovered.

EVE will test you from the outset, from the very second you undock and glimpse the stars, and will take pleasure from sorting those who can survive from those who'd rather curl up and perish.

EVE will let you fight until you collapse, then let you struggle to your feet, exhausted from the effort. Then when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel it'll kick you flat on your ass in the mud again and ask you why you deserve to be standing. It'll test you against every other individual playing at some point or another, and it'll ask for answers.

Give it an answer and maybe it'll let you up again, long enough to gather your thoughts. After a few more steps you're on the ground again and it's asking more questions.

EVE is designed to be harsh, it's designed to be challenging, and it's designed to be so deep and complex that it should fascinate and terrify you at the same time.

Corporation, Alliances and coalitions of tens of thousands have risen and fallen on these basic principles, and every one of those thousands of people has their own unique story to tell about how it affected them and what they experienced.

That's the beauty of EVE. Action and reaction. Emergence.

Welcome to the most frightening virtual playground you'll ever experience."

Truly, all that will go out the window, because one Veers Belvar (who?) thinks ganking should be nerfed.

Well, in the meantime, we will just have to murder some more innocents in your name, which we like to call a little thing called the win-win scenario, because you truly are better than Redbull for my guys. I should have rolled an alt of you myself ages ago.

F
Azov Rassau
Iron Destiny
#324 - 2014-12-01 21:18:43 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
I want to make highsec safer by restricting -10 gankers

Seriously… if you mean restricting their travels, Highsec residents have the ability to restrict them by tackling them at gates anytime. It's not CCP's job to make high sec safer. EVE is mainly a PvP game where player action matters.

This is your guide to tackling outlaws at gates.
Quote:
Catching outlaws can be a very effective way of stopping them from suicide ganking, since it stops them from even reaching their target, and gives them a feeling that it might be tricky to actually reach their target in this area. I have seen gankers move elsewhere or stay docked after being catched.

This method will of course rely on the fact that the ganker you are trying to stop actually is an outlaw, which means having a security status of -5 or lower. It also relies on the ganker actually using gates, and you being able to somehow predict which one.

and this is one of the many examples from my anti-ganking patrols.

In addition to that, you can attack them and pod them.

-10 gankers use and manipulate the game mechanics and opportunities, by doing that, they annoy you right?
You can do the same by using the valid game mechanics and opportunities against them.

You have the tools, what are you waiting for?

Be the change you want to see in Highsec.

Anti-Ganking Fun: www.gankerjamming.com

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#325 - 2014-12-01 21:27:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Azov Rassau wrote:

Azov raises an excellent indirect point. One does not have to be a member of our organization to join the Veers Belvar education campaign!

Anyone can splode juicy carebear loot piniata's in the comfort of hisec without ganking, wardecs or sec-status hit! Its easy! Even the youngest newbro can commit murders right away!

Pimp juice for everyone I say!

Additionally, heroes of the Veers Belvar (who?) education campaign can be forever registered on our glorious monument.

What are you waiting for? Murder a carebear today!

F
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#326 - 2014-12-01 22:11:28 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

I want to make highsec safer by restricting -10 gankers and other griefers
Oh your doing a FABULOUS job of achieving your goals Veers!

Now lets quote, from the book of CCP, chapter Falcon, verse HTFU...

CCP Falcon wrote:

"Okay, so what follows is entirely my personal opinion.

It's not a case of not "catering to the tearfilled entitled", it's a case of us staying true to the core of what EVE was built on.

Some of the people complaining in this thread have valid points about the fact that they don't feel safe. Simple fact of the matter is, that you're not suppose to feel safe in New Eden.

Eve is not a game for the faint hearted. It's a game that will chew you up and spit you out in the blink of an eye if you even think about letting your guard down or becoming complacent.

While every other MMO starts off with an intro that tells you you're going to be the savior of the realm, holds your hand, protects you, nurtures your development and ultimately guides you to your destiny as a hero along with several other million players who've had the exact same experience, EVE assaults you from the second you begin to play after you create a character, spitting you out into a universe that under the surface, is so complex that it's enough to make your head explode.

The entire design is based around being harsh, vicious, relentless, hostile and cold. It's about action and reaction, and the story that unfolds as you experience these two things.

True, we're working hard to lower the bar of entry so that more players can enjoy EVE and can get into the game. Our NPE (New Player Experience) is challenging, and we're trying to improve it to better prepare rookies for what lies out there, but when you start to play eve, you'll always start out as the little fish in the big pond.

The only way to grow is to voraciously consume what's around you, and its your choice whether that happens to be New Eden's abundant natural resources, or the other people who're also fighting their way to the top.

EVE is a playing experience like no other, where every action or reaction resonates through a single universe and is felt by players from all corners of the word. There are no shards here, no mirror universes, no instances and very few rules. If you stumble across something valuable, then chances are someone else already knows where you are, or is working their way toward you and you better be prepared to fight for what you've discovered.

EVE will test you from the outset, from the very second you undock and glimpse the stars, and will take pleasure from sorting those who can survive from those who'd rather curl up and perish.

EVE will let you fight until you collapse, then let you struggle to your feet, exhausted from the effort. Then when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel it'll kick you flat on your ass in the mud again and ask you why you deserve to be standing. It'll test you against every other individual playing at some point or another, and it'll ask for answers.

Give it an answer and maybe it'll let you up again, long enough to gather your thoughts. After a few more steps you're on the ground again and it's asking more questions.

EVE is designed to be harsh, it's designed to be challenging, and it's designed to be so deep and complex that it should fascinate and terrify you at the same time.

Corporation, Alliances and coalitions of tens of thousands have risen and fallen on these basic principles, and every one of those thousands of people has their own unique story to tell about how it affected them and what they experienced.

That's the beauty of EVE. Action and reaction. Emergence.

Welcome to the most frightening virtual playground you'll ever experience."

Truly, all that will go out the window, because one Veers Belvar (who?) thinks ganking should be nerfed.

Well, in the meantime, we will just have to murder some more innocents in your name, which we like to call a little thing called the win-win scenario, because you truly are better than Redbull for my guys. I should have rolled an alt of you myself ages ago.

F

Relevance? Lack of effective CONCORD punishment for -10 gankers is not implicated by that statement. Why 15 min GCC and not 6 hours?
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#327 - 2014-12-01 22:12:41 UTC
Azov Rassau wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
I want to make highsec safer by restricting -10 gankers

Seriously… if you mean restricting their travels, Highsec residents have the ability to restrict them by tackling them at gates anytime. It's not CCP's job to make high sec safer. EVE is mainly a PvP game where player action matters.

This is your guide to tackling outlaws at gates.
Quote:
Catching outlaws can be a very effective way of stopping them from suicide ganking, since it stops them from even reaching their target, and gives them a feeling that it might be tricky to actually reach their target in this area. I have seen gankers move elsewhere or stay docked after being catched.

This method will of course rely on the fact that the ganker you are trying to stop actually is an outlaw, which means having a security status of -5 or lower. It also relies on the ganker actually using gates, and you being able to somehow predict which one.

and this is one of the many examples from my anti-ganking patrols.

In addition to that, you can attack them and pod them.

-10 gankers use and manipulate the game mechanics and opportunities, by doing that, they annoy you right?
You can do the same by using the valid game mechanics and opportunities against them.

The -10s undock and warp straight to their neutral alt who is bumping the freighter. There is no opportunity to tackle them. The problem is too short of a GCC for -10s, should be 6 hours instead of 15 minutes, and slide down to 15 mins at + sec status. There needs to be an effective criminal justice system.
Azov Rassau
Iron Destiny
#328 - 2014-12-01 22:59:42 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
The -10s undock and warp straight to their neutral alt who is bumping the freighter. There is no opportunity to tackle them. The problem is too short of a GCC for -10s, should be 6 hours instead of 15 minutes, and slide down to 15 mins at + sec status. There needs to be an effective criminal justice system.

As stated, tackling at 'gates' only works if their target freighter isn't in the same system as the one they undock in (i.e. they will have to jump through a stargate with such security status). I mentioned the tackling technique as a general efficient way to stop all kinds of outlaws who navigate in Highsec, including the gankers who travel to reach their target.

Quote:
The -10s undock and warp straight to their neutral alt who is bumping the freighter

They don't undock and warp straight to the bumper. An insta undock has to be reached a.s.a.p, followed by another warp to a perch near gate, again a.s.a.p.. (which, if you think about it, aren't that hard to discover Blink). Every second counts and a bad warp-in can result in a fail and delicious ganker tears. (Also sometimes the FC accidentally warps himself only instead of the wing, resulting in a hilarious chaotic moment.)

Also… even with a small fleet, you can gank that Machariel who bumps the freighter. It is being done already, and it's glorious. Smile

Be the change you want to see in Highsec.

Anti-Ganking Fun: www.gankerjamming.com

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#329 - 2014-12-01 23:09:08 UTC
Azov Rassau wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

As stated, tackling at 'gates' only works if their target freighter isn't in the same system as the one they undock in (i.e. they will have to jump through a stargate with such security status). I mentioned the tackling technique as a general efficient way to stop all kinds of outlaws who navigate in Highsec, including the gankers who travel to reach their target.

Quote:
The -10s undock and warp straight to their neutral alt who is bumping the freighter

They don't undock and warp straight to the bumper. An insta undock has to be reached a.s.a.p, followed by another warp to a perch near gate, again a.s.a.p.. (which, if you think about it, aren't that hard to discover Blink). Every second counts and a bad warp-in can result in a fail and delicious ganker tears. (Also sometimes the FC accidentally warps himself only instead of the wing, resulting in a hilarious chaotic moment.)

Also… even with a small fleet, you can gank that Machariel who bumps the freighter. It is being done already, and it's glorious. Smile

Not sure what you are trying to say. The -10s sit in Uedama and warp to the neutral mach alt bumping the freighter. They don't need an insta undock....if you try to tackle them at the station, they will just primary you.

And no thanks, I'm not interested in becoming a suicide ganking criminal to stop other criminals. I'd rather be a law abiding citizen and let the police do the shooting for me.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#330 - 2014-12-01 23:38:32 UTC
100% wrong veers. If you undock -10 in something that can't GTFO, the facpo tackle you and blap you. You NEED an insta.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#331 - 2014-12-01 23:41:19 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
100% wrong veers. If you undock -10 in something that can't GTFO, the facpo tackle you and blap you. You NEED an insta.

Lol, you have more than enough time to undock a cata and warp to the neutral bumping mach before facpo show up. And anyway facpo don't scram right away....or yes, just make an insta. The point is the same, there is no way to tackle these guys before they land on the target. Hence my solution of 6 hour GCC timers will actually impede their efforts, as opposed to rhetoric about tackling them.
Paranoid Loyd
#332 - 2014-12-01 23:44:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Well he's wrong, but not 100%. A well skilled thrasher/cat pilot can align before the Facpo arrives and locks you down. Then again a well skilled pilot will also be using an insta, in addition a well skilled white knight can lock you and alpha you before you warp.

Veers, as for you comment about becoming primary, if that happens, did you not succeed in stopping the freighter gank?

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#333 - 2014-12-01 23:57:13 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Well he's wrong, but not 100%. A well skilled thrasher/cat pilot can align before the Facpo arrives and locks you down. Then again a well skilled pilot will also be using an insta, in addition a well skilled white knight can lock you and alpha you before you warp.

Veers, as for you comment about becoming primary, if that happens, did you not succeed in stopping the freighter gank?

Yes, you managed to stop it by getting ganked yourself. I don't count that as a win. Personally I'm not a big fan of the "whiteknight" fleets....the game isn't really set up to let players play the role of the police (consider...if you manage to apprehend and "arrest" a wanted CODE criminal, what happens to them? Nothing). I like to spend my time doing PvE and accumulating wealth, not spend it in PvP struggles in highsec. When I want that, I go to low/null.
Paranoid Loyd
#334 - 2014-12-02 00:02:21 UTC
Your deliberate obtusion to reality is hilarious.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#335 - 2014-12-02 00:06:37 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

Your delusion ramblings are even more entertaining. Perhaps you should consider wardeccing me like all the rest of the jokers here? If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
Paranoid Loyd
#336 - 2014-12-02 00:11:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Veers Belvar wrote:
Your delusion ramblings are even more entertaining.
Please quote one thing I have said you consider delusional.

Veers Belvar wrote:
Perhaps you should consider wardeccing me like all the rest of the jokers here?

Perhaps you should educate yourself before making more foolish comments.

Fix the Prospect!

Candi LeMew
Division 13
#337 - 2014-12-02 00:12:37 UTC
You spend so much time debating nonsense Veers I'm left wondering if you ever do anything fun ingame?

When you're not on your CODE alt, I mean.

Ever thought about a date auction, proceeds to some anti-everything group? You're a celebrity now.

🍌

Remember... in Anoikis Bob Is Always Watching...

"I been kicked out of better homes than this" - Rick James

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#338 - 2014-12-02 00:17:28 UTC
Candi LeMew wrote:
You spend so much time debating nonsense Veers I'm left wondering if you ever do anything fun ingame?

When you're not on your CODE alt, I mean.

Ever thought about a date auction, proceeds to some anti-everything group? You're a celebrity now.

What can I say...I'm a popular figure with the Grrr Veers crowd. Hence the obsession with me and the inordinate number of threads devoted to me. They truly hate someone who is willing to stand up and be a proud highsec Pve player.

And no, I'm not a CODE alt, lol. I'm usually doing highsec PvE while writing here....it's easy to multitask. That's when I'm not giggling about the next failed wardecc against me, lol.
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#339 - 2014-12-02 00:32:42 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

Your faith in your friends is yours!

........wait.....that's not how that goes......
ForTheEmpire2014
Doomheim
#340 - 2014-12-02 00:51:16 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:

I like to spend my time doing PvE and accumulating wealth

And there it is, the unabridged truth. That is ALL EVE MEANS to him.
The rest is just forum fodder.

Well, now that is clear, people can actually deny you what you enjoy in this game.
No war needed:)

Better watch local closely, we all have altsTwisted