These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Looks good so far.

Author
Atticus Fynch
#1 - 2011-12-16 06:37:46 UTC
I left during the Incarna debacle. I think what got to me was how CCP was touting the beauty and cutting edge technology of Incarna or some BS like that. All I knew on my end was that my GPU fried and when I replaced it, I was stuck staring at a stupid door.

Well, here I am 6 months later. I took up the $9.95 offer for one month just to see what has happened with EVE.

I'm impressed.Shocked

The DOOR is gone. Big smile

New Nebula backgrounds Big smileBig smile

... and lots of little features added that make playing a little more enjoyable.Big smileBig smileBig smile

Nice work CCP.Cool

I want to give a shout out to GM CiD.
He ( I think he's a "he," could be a "she"...I dunno) answered my petition super fast and really went out of his way to help me with my problem. I heard CCP fired a bunch of people. Hopefully it was just the dead weight hanging around and kept the quality people.

Thanks again CiD!!

Anyhoo, if this is the new CCP I may just stick around this time.Blink

So how are you all doing?

[b]★★★Cargo Pilots Unite!!!★★★ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=668132&#post668132[/b]

Pasha Cracken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-12-16 06:48:47 UTC
Cool story bro
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#3 - 2011-12-16 07:51:18 UTC
So you quit because CCP added in full body avatar graphics and CQ that fried your video card. And now you come back and commend CCP ONLY on the graphical improvements? Idgi.

People nowadays seem way to superficial when it comes to graphics. Graphics don't make a good game. While Eve has made improvements on Graphics it still doesn't make it a better game. Just a prettier pile of crap.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Atticus Fynch
#4 - 2011-12-16 08:20:24 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
So you quit because CCP added in full body avatar graphics and CQ that fried your video card. And now you come back and commend CCP ONLY on the graphical improvements? Idgi.

People nowadays seem way to superficial when it comes to graphics. Graphics don't make a good game. While Eve has made improvements on Graphics it still doesn't make it a better game. Just a prettier pile of crap.

I think you missed this one line:

Atticus Fynch wrote:
".. and lots of little features added that make playing a little more enjoyable."

[b]★★★Cargo Pilots Unite!!!★★★ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=668132&#post668132[/b]

Serene Repose
#5 - 2011-12-16 08:23:51 UTC
What I love is how prominent "I" is (am) in the OP. Here's a test. Write a practice love letter to an imaginary someone. Then, count how many times you metioned yourself. That's why YOU don't have a girlfriend (with any brains.)

I I I

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Atticus Fynch
#6 - 2011-12-16 08:29:47 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
What I love is how prominent "I" is (am) in the OP. Here's a test. Write a practice love letter to an imaginary someone. Then, count how many times you metioned yourself. That's why YOU don't have a girlfriend (with any brains.)

I I I

Well it's nice to see the forums havent changed any. Trolls are as plentiful as ever. Blink

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#7 - 2011-12-16 08:33:23 UTC
Yes I did notice the 1 line sentence talking about "other" things. However your main compliments where over graphics. Hence my post.

And yes this is the internet so trolls will always be here.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Serene Repose
#8 - 2011-12-16 08:38:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
"Troll" meaning "anyone who posts something you have no answer for"...so you go for the popular ad hominem..."She's a troll."

BRILLIANT!

The point being, there are more than 20,000 MEs ingame usually. Every ME has MY idea of how great great is. Somewhere along the line the word WE needs to crop up. Cause it is WE, not THEE.

The word that irked ME was "debacle." Yeah, right.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Atticus Fynch
#9 - 2011-12-16 08:47:21 UTC
Please continue. I really enjoy this.

For one it gives me something to laugh at and secondly it bumps my thread...so please, more. Big smile

Bane Loppknow
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2011-12-16 08:48:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Bane Loppknow
I don't think the people who lost their jobs were dead weight. They were probably good at their jobs. The problem wasn't deadbeat workers, anyway. It was the philosophy the company as a whole, led by Hilmar, was following: "Listen less to what the players say, more to what they do."

Not an awful philosophy, truth be told, but unfortunately, CCP failed to realize that at some point, saying is followed by doing. We (The players as a whole) expressed all kinds of concerns about Incarna, mingled with excitement. We were eager to see what CCP had in store, but rightfully wary of half-baked crap. When the warnings went unheeded and we were confronted by unfinished, useless, CPU-melting junk, with seemingly desperate prices in the NEX, many of us (myself included) cancelled one or more subscriptions. This contraction in revenue meant that CCP simply couldn't afford to be working on so many things at once.

CCP didn't fire 20% of their workforce because they were deadbeats; they were forced to let them go because the company forgot that EVE is the only source of income they have, and its denizens do not like to be ignored.
Atticus Fynch
#11 - 2011-12-16 08:50:30 UTC
Bane Loppknow wrote:
I
CCP didn't fire 20% of their workforce because they were deadbeats; they were forced to let them go because the company forgot that EVE is the only source of income they have, and its denizens do not like to be ignored.

Well said.

Kietay Ayari
Caldari State
#12 - 2011-12-16 11:35:37 UTC
A little interesting but mostly funny that people think a game can ruin their video card.

Ferox #1

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#13 - 2011-12-16 11:39:49 UTC
Kietay Ayari wrote:
A little interesting but mostly funny that people think a game can ruin their video card.

Usually you can't due to fail safes. However CCP is THAT good(bad) that they can.

Thomas Gore
Blackfyre Enterprise
#14 - 2011-12-16 11:41:46 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:

I I I

I didn't realize he was trying to get a girlfriend with his post. Must be because I'm a guy myself.

And no, I don't have a girlfriend either. I married her 5 years ago.