These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Minigame buy ins and other ninja additions showing CCP is ready to add establishments

Author
Milonia
APEX Unlimited
APEX Conglomerate
#1 - 2011-12-16 04:32:43 UTC
Go into your wallet. Now click the Journal tab. On the referance type pulldown go down to the M's. What do you see?

Minigame Betting
Minigame Betting House Cut
Minigame Buy in

So when are the establishments being added CCP?
mkint
#2 - 2011-12-16 04:41:09 UTC
Read the rest of the journal entries, and you will realize most of what shows up there is pretty meaningless. I have a feeling that any intern with any random idea is allowed to add stuff to that dropdown.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

First Lieutenant Dan
Doomheim
#3 - 2011-12-16 04:43:00 UTC
WAT IS INHERITANCE?
Milonia
APEX Unlimited
APEX Conglomerate
#4 - 2011-12-16 04:45:31 UTC
mkint wrote:
Read the rest of the journal entries, and you will realize most of what shows up there is pretty meaningless. I have a feeling that any intern with any random idea is allowed to add stuff to that dropdown.

Yeah but this is new. It could mean there is something coming....
Jonas Xiamon
#5 - 2011-12-16 04:53:02 UTC
Milonia wrote:
mkint wrote:

How new?

I usally write one of these and then change it a month later when I reread it and decide it sounds stupid.

mkint
#6 - 2011-12-16 04:55:13 UTC
Jonas Xiamon wrote:
Milonia wrote:
mkint wrote:

How new?

Indeed. Nobody pays attention to that dropdown anyway because they know it's a waste... how long has that been there? Since the initial announcement of station minigames 3 years ago? Nobody'd even know because nobody pays attention.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Milonia
APEX Unlimited
APEX Conglomerate
#7 - 2011-12-16 05:01:38 UTC
I pay attention to it because of all the various financial transaction my corp does.

It was NOT there before Crucible
Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#8 - 2011-12-16 05:09:27 UTC
First Lieutenant Dan wrote:
WAT IS INHERITANCE?

if you biomass a char in a corp and it has money, that money goes to the corp and an email is sent.
Agallis Zinthros
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2011-12-16 05:21:36 UTC
Pesky LaRue wrote:
WAT IS INHERITANCE?

if you biomass a char in a corp and it has money, that money goes to the corp and an email is sent.

Yep. Or trial account auto-biomass.

Amarr Victor Owner / operator of http://local-spike.com, an EVE-focused PVP blog

Jonas Xiamon
#10 - 2011-12-16 05:41:15 UTC
Agallis Zinthros wrote:
Pesky LaRue wrote:
WAT IS INHERITANCE?

Trial Auto-bio? Sounds like bull **** to me...

I usally write one of these and then change it a month later when I reread it and decide it sounds stupid.

Agallis Zinthros
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2011-12-16 05:43:50 UTC
Jonas Xiamon wrote:
Agallis Zinthros wrote:
Pesky LaRue wrote:
WAT IS INHERITANCE?

After 6 months trial characters that never subbed get biomassed. At least back in my day they did.

Amarr Victor Owner / operator of http://local-spike.com, an EVE-focused PVP blog

mkint
#12 - 2011-12-16 05:54:16 UTC
Agallis Zinthros wrote:
Jonas Xiamon wrote:
Agallis Zinthros wrote:
Pesky LaRue wrote:
WAT IS INHERITANCE?

After 6 months trial characters that never subbed get biomassed. At least back in my day they did.

they *could* but I don't think they ever have. I have an expired trial alt that never subbed. I use the bio to store useful information. That was about a year and a half ago, and it's still there.

Marbin Drakon
Reboot Required
#13 - 2011-12-16 05:59:18 UTC
I believe the 5,000 ISK a character starts with is also "Inheritance," but I might be mistaken.

Eve W-Space: Open source wormhole mapping and corporation management: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=210073

ACE McFACE
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2011-12-16 07:48:03 UTC
mkint wrote:
Agallis Zinthros wrote:
Jonas Xiamon wrote:
Agallis Zinthros wrote:
Pesky LaRue wrote:

they *could* but I don't think they ever have. I have an expired trial alt that never subbed. I use the bio to store useful information. That was about a year and a half ago, and it's still there.

You do realise theres a notes section?

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#15 - 2011-12-16 07:51:43 UTC
Milonia wrote:
mkint wrote:

all it really means is that at some point, a tech messed with the idea. It is already known that CCP drafted up WiS once and scrapped it because there was an overwhelming feeling that what they were creating was not fun. That means lots of leftover art and code relics like this.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2011-12-16 09:29:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Milonia wrote:
I pay attention to it because of all the various financial transaction my corp does.

It was NOT there before Crucible

I believe you.
Just don't let the others get onto you, they don't even look at it. :)

Awesome news, actually !
I want to play that minigame they've played in the station bar ! :D
Joshua Aivoras
Tech IV Industries
#17 - 2011-12-16 09:32:33 UTC
Pesky LaRue wrote:
WAT IS INHERITANCE?

That and whenever you create a new charater, the initial 5k ISK they have is actually an 'inheritance' from the school you chose for that character.

95% of the players are loving EVE, the other 5%? On the forums.

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#18 - 2011-12-16 10:29:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Chribba
Marbin Drakon wrote:
I believe the 5,000 ISK a character starts with is also "Inheritance," but I might be mistaken.
Nope, you are correct that's exactly what it is.

edit/Also like that man above me said.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Severian Carnifex
#19 - 2011-12-16 11:41:13 UTC
all news about WiS coming to town are goooooooood news... Big smile