These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Will a side effect of CCP's enforcement of anti client automation be.

First post
Author
Hevymetal
POT Corp
#1 - 2014-11-29 21:15:19 UTC
The much long awaited and hopefull end to the masses of Jita auto repeat spammers?

I look forward to a great reduction of these accounts. Repeat the same thing every 300 seconds all day long, should be easy as pie to catch and ban them. Making Jita local almost useful again.

It's been years since I've been able to go to jita without minimizing local.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#2 - 2014-11-29 21:30:20 UTC
As Pop Fury used to say:

You can shite in one hand, and wish in the other. Guess which one fills up faster.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-11-29 21:44:02 UTC
Spam bots are going no where because they aren't enforced even though EULA has restricted it for 11 years.
Hevymetal
POT Corp
#4 - 2014-11-29 21:55:45 UTC
Adrie Atticus wrote:
Spam bots are going no where because they aren't enforced even though EULA has restricted it for 11 years.

I would believe the admin tools that will be used for identifying the automation tools will group the spammers into the same category. Hopefully either by design or accidently they will get into the list and they will be taken care of. Ridding us all of this annoyance that has plagued us for over a decade.
Jean Luc Lemmont
Carebears on Fire
Viral Society
#5 - 2014-11-29 22:13:44 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
As Pop Fury used to say:

You can shite in one hand, and wish in the other. Guess which one fills up faster.

My grand mother used to say that if wishes were horses beggars would ride, and if cow **** was candy, I'd eat til I died.

Will I get banned for boxing!?!?!

This thread has degenerated to the point it's become like two bald men fighting over a comb. -- Doc Fury

It's bonuses, not boni, you cretins.

Jean Luc Lemmont
Carebears on Fire
Viral Society
#6 - 2014-11-29 22:14:40 UTC
Hevymetal wrote:
Adrie Atticus wrote:

I would believe the admin tools that will be used for identifying the automation tools will group the spammers into the same category. Hopefully either by design or accidently they will get into the list and they will be taken care of. Ridding us all of this annoyance that has plagued us for over a decade.

Chribba has had a web site script running for at least a couple years that can identify them. CCP doesn't seem to care about them because their load on the server is negligible.

Will I get banned for boxing!?!?!

This thread has degenerated to the point it's become like two bald men fighting over a comb. -- Doc Fury

It's bonuses, not boni, you cretins.

Xtreem
Knockaround Guys Inc.
#7 - 2014-11-29 22:17:07 UTC
They really do drive me mad, Jita is actually a good place to catch some deals but keeping up with the spam list is pretty intense.
Summer Isle
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#8 - 2014-11-29 23:24:13 UTC
Xtreem wrote:
They really do drive me mad, Jita is actually a good place to catch some deals but keeping up with the spam list is pretty intense.

It's a real shame there isn't a way to block messages containing certain words or phrases. Considering we can already do highlighting and asterisk-based censoring, as well as the current character-based blocking, something like this is theoretically possible, but Death only knows how CCP handle the entirety of the message itself.

Talk is cheap, but Void S and Quake L are cheaper.

David Therman
#9 - 2014-11-29 23:59:45 UTC
At the end of the day, isn't that part of the charm of the phenomenon that is Jita? The raging torrent of cringe-worthy scams, the ripostes of the white knights wasting their fingerprints on ridiculing the art of isk fleecing?

Mind you, scammers will find a way, even if CCP got rid of the whole macro posting thing they've got going on... you think you've put them down, then 2 more appear to replace them.

What's more, I have an inkling that someone, somewhere, is hypnotising other players... "Look into my eyes, and repeat after me: I am the one true ISK doubler, everyone-else is a fraudster..."
Hevymetal
POT Corp
#10 - 2014-11-30 16:36:19 UTC
David Therman wrote:
At the end of the day, isn't that part of the charm of the phenomenon that is Jita? The raging torrent of cringe-worthy scams, the ripostes of the white knights wasting their fingerprints on ridiculing the art of isk fleecing?

Mind you, scammers will find a way, even if CCP got rid of the whole macro posting thing they've got going on... you think you've put them down, then 2 more appear to replace them.

What's more, I have an inkling that someone, somewhere, is hypnotising other players... "Look into my eyes, and repeat after me: I am the one true ISK doubler, everyone-else is a fraudster..."

It's not so much the scams that bother me. It's the lazieness of the scammers LOL. Sit at your keyboard and manually copy and paste your scam text. Put forth the effort like the rest of have to. the lazy bastards, LOL.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#11 - 2014-11-30 17:16:09 UTC
I vote we simply take Jita Local chat and inject it into WH local chats.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#12 - 2014-11-30 20:13:48 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:

Even better. We inject it to nullbear local chats and BOOM, no more whines about AFK cloaking.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

TharOkha
0asis Group
#13 - 2014-12-01 08:27:26 UTC
David Therman wrote:

Why do people like you thinks that scammers are the ones who bother us? it is the automation and semi automation that bother us.

It was not the bombers what bothered us. it was the semi-automation of whole fleet.

it is not scammers that bother us. it is the automation of their local posts

it is not the miners who bother us. it is the automation of their mining process.

CAN YOU UNDERSTAND IT NOW? !!!!
Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#14 - 2014-12-01 09:42:39 UTC
Hevymetal wrote:
The much long awaited and hopefull end to the masses of Jita auto repeat spammers?

I look forward to a great reduction of these accounts. Repeat the same thing every 300 seconds all day long, should be easy as pie to catch and ban them. Making Jita local almost useful again.

It's been years since I've been able to go to jita without minimizing local.

Going back to the OPs point for a moment here, I have a question: What is this new change that is going to affect client automation? From all the reading of blueposts I've been doing lately, there isn't one. Client automation has been banned for as long as Eve has been out. It is a 2 strike policy currently, a 30 day ban, then a permanent. If you think the client broadcasting change affects chat bots, you may want to just put down the computer for a bit, it's beyond your comprehension.
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#15 - 2014-12-01 09:57:16 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:

Oh please do this! Can you imagine the tears!

That aside, right-click and block does wonders to improve Jita local.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
#16 - 2014-12-01 10:01:14 UTC
+1 to go after automated posting

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#17 - 2014-12-01 11:01:57 UTC
Summer Isle wrote:
Xtreem wrote:

It's a real shame there isn't a way to block messages containing certain words or phrases. Considering we can already do highlighting and asterisk-based censoring, as well as the current character-based blocking, something like this is theoretically possible, but Death only knows how CCP handle the entirety of the message itself.

I haven't used any filters available in the ingame chatter, but I recommend checking out what these filters can do.
TharOkha
0asis Group
#18 - 2014-12-01 11:23:19 UTC
Zappity wrote:

That aside, right-click and block does wonders to improve Jita local.

WRONG !!!..
have you ever heard about throw-away spam alts?
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#19 - 2014-12-01 11:45:27 UTC
Jean Luc Lemmont wrote:
Hevymetal wrote:
Adrie Atticus wrote:

Chribba has had a web site script running for at least a couple years that can identify them. CCP doesn't seem to care about them because their load on the server is negligible.

I'm fairly sure they do care as there was a serious cull of Jita spamming a year or so ago
CCP Falcon
#20 - 2014-12-01 14:42:22 UTC
If you want to talk about this, please do so in the feedback thread.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3