These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New EVE Ship Models Discussion

First post First post First post
Author
Dugmeister Trump
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#901 - 2014-11-01 17:48:00 UTC
Kronos

If you make marauders maybe make them in their bastion mode form instead of just the regular lower tiered hull.

I don't want to build it, but I want to see it perfect in all of its glory!
Wu Jiaqiu
#902 - 2014-11-02 04:20:20 UTC
-The Brutix model could be lengthened slightly.

-The Dominix could use an overhaul.

-The Armageddon could use an overhaul as well.

-The Typhoon is heading in the right direction, but in my opinion, the two thrusters on the bottom-rear end makes the Typhoon look like a rotisserie chicken.

-The Thorax model I think could use an overall more "Gallentean" appearance. Think Brutix and Hyperion.

-The Harbinger seems a little out of place for Amarrian designs. It appears more Gallentean. Perhaps the Harbinger could be revisted.
Pestilen Ratte
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#903 - 2014-11-02 07:23:36 UTC
Venture, scarlet.
Shey Nabali
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#904 - 2014-11-02 10:53:05 UTC
NYX

nyxnyxnyxnxynyxnyxnyxnyxnyxnyxnyuxnyxnxynxyxnxynxyxnyxnxynxyxnyxnxynxynxyxnyxnxyxnyxnyxnxynxyxnyxnyxnyxyxnyxnyxynxyxnyxyxxynxnyxynxyxnyxnyx

plzkthx
WhyYouHeffToBeMad IsOnlyGame
#905 - 2014-11-02 12:57:01 UTC
Tempest Fleet Issue with square wingy bits solar panels.

physical features to distinct between electronic attack frigates, recon cruisers, command ships & black ops battleships and their Tech 1 variations.

Bring back the Hound's shark fin

and the one-piece "gills"(or whatever they are called) of the vagabond

Everything's a game if you make it one - Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci

CCP: Continously Crying Playerbase - Frostys Virpio

BrundleMeth
State War Academy
Caldari State
#906 - 2014-11-02 19:12:51 UTC  |  Edited by: BrundleMeth
Scorpion Ishukone...

Manticore...

Vindicator of course...

Please...
Altirius Saldiaro
Doomheim
#907 - 2014-11-02 21:22:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Altirius Saldiaro
RATTLESNAKE

Needs to look like a rattlesnake and not a scorpion.

GILA

Needs to resemble a gila and not a bird. Gilas do not have wings. Or skinny necks.
Steve Wingyip
Doomheim
#908 - 2014-11-03 00:20:23 UTC
Cecil Arongo wrote:
Hyperion for sure.

I was going to suggest this too!

The stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they're watching over me.

Kaiserz Aivo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#909 - 2014-11-03 00:59:08 UTC
Rokh

In war, truth is the first casualty. - It is interesting... how weapons reflect the soul of the maker.

Try EVE for 21 days, Click Here

Raviel Oxidans
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#910 - 2014-11-03 01:11:59 UTC
Blackbird, even if its an electronic attack plataform, it looks very ugly, i want it asymetrical, but at least know what is the front side of the ship.

Terrimus Maulerant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#911 - 2014-11-29 17:04:29 UTC
So I wonder if CCP would ever get onboard with Citadel for these models? I want a harpy fleet in my garage, like tomorrow.
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#912 - 2014-11-30 02:18:43 UTC
As these new frigate and destroyer wormhole systems are going to be arriving, a small overhaul of the frigates ingame need to happen. Mostly stylistic but relevant.

The assault frigates for each race (there are 2 per race) should each have their own different look. Meaning that they should not look identical, or even anywhere near similar to each other. For instance. the Enyo and Ishkur both look like the Incursus (gallente), when one of them (most likely the Ishkur) could easily turn into a modified and updated Tristan model (tristans a droneboat, Ishkur is also a droneboat, match made in heaven).

That logic could be adopted to every races Assault Frigates (each race has a spare model that is available in the frigate category).

Interceptors should have somewhat differentiating models also, though this could be less dramatic than the assault frigates. In all honestly, each Race has 2 spare frigates that aren't used for anything except a single ship model (each has a combat frigate and a logistic frigate). You could theoretically make one of the two interceptors of each race use the logistics hull as its second model).

If you do that, each race would have 2 interceptors that have different models, and 2 assault frigates that have different models. The logistics hull into a interceptor hull isn't the optimal choice, as the best option would be a whole new looking hull.

The exploration frigates need a slight update (mostly the Gallente one, god its ugly), the Minmatar one to a degree too.

Yaay!!!!

Alexa Coates
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#913 - 2014-11-30 04:41:57 UTC
Terrimus Maulerant wrote:
So I wonder if CCP would ever get onboard with Citadel for these models? I want a harpy fleet in my garage, like tomorrow.

Citadel? really? I rather not pay 7000 dollars for shoddy cast, fragile resin/plastic models.

Citadel blows. If I want any company to make mini models, I want fantasy flight to do it. Look at the star wars X-wing minis, they're leagues better than the garbage citadel makes. A fully finished model, for literally half the price of a citadel model that's just a damn sprew.

If not ff, then Privateer Press. Their warmachines/hordes models are super nice as well and fairly well priced.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Alexa Coates
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#914 - 2014-11-30 04:44:40 UTC
or, if we're going all out for models, Qmx. Their star trek and bsg cinema models are top friggin notch, it's like looking at the real thing.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#915 - 2014-11-30 04:55:26 UTC
Dugmeister Trump wrote:
Kronos

If you make marauders maybe make them in their bastion mode form instead of just the regular lower tiered hull.

I don't want to build it, but I want to see it perfect in all of its glory!

Or make the Marauders have moving parts so you can put them into Bastion mode!

And I want an Imperial Apoc, an Eidolon, and a Guristas Chimera, complete with little Geckos Smile
Stitch Kaneland
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#916 - 2014-11-30 05:32:42 UTC
I'd like to see vagabond and typhoon. Vagabond model is very sleek after updates a few patches ago. I've always had a soft spot for the giant brown turd (typhoon) as well.
Jaradakar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#917 - 2014-11-30 05:39:29 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys!

So, CCP t0rfifrans has released some news, asking you guys which ship models you'd love to see!

You can check out the news article here, and this thread is for discussion of it.

Please read the article fully before you comment, as there are specific instructions there and we'd like to make sure everyone has their voices heard!

Cheers!

Big smile

I'd love to have ships made that are ~8-10" big for Battleship size and then have others be made to scale after that. I'd prefer pre-painted but could live with versions that I'd have to paint. While the idea of ones that have lights would be cool, I suspect that it would push the price point too high.

Ships I'd love to own at that scale:

(In order of preference)

Omen
Maller
Oracle
Naga
Manticore
Executioner
Hurricane
Arbitrator
Harbinger
Punisher
Purifier
Dragoon
Legion
Armageddon
Chimera
Drake
Scorpion
Corax
Cormorant
Merlin
Tengu
Magnasis Drakkenwolf
#918 - 2014-11-30 06:51:35 UTC
Abaddon

Its sexy.

There can be only one..

http://www.youtube.com/user/KensCrazyGaming

Nam Dnilb
Universal Frog
#919 - 2014-11-30 11:44:12 UTC
Quafe. Quafe Megathron. Pretty please.
True Sight
Deep Freeze Industries
#920 - 2014-11-30 12:47:50 UTC
Only thing that matters to me: Not using a god-awful delivery service like FEDEX and charging a fortune on Delivery regardless of country.

I would have brought multiple things off of the eve store in the past if the delivery options weren't so awful.