These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Collector's Edition Promotion

First post First post
Author
SourceFour
Aviation Professionals for EVE
#1 - 2014-11-29 17:46:17 UTC
Does anyone know if ,during the current promotion for the collector's edition, the 90 days of additional game time is supposed to be added to your account automatically, or if it is coming as an additional code in your collector's edition package?
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#2 - 2014-11-29 18:31:29 UTC
In the description it says, "New account Key with 60 days of game time", so I'm going to guess that the 90 days is added to that and not usable for other accts.

But it is kind of ambiguous, so maybe a note to the marketing department might be in order before you purchase one.

Mr Epeen Cool
Draugo Rana
Masuat'aa Matari
Ushra'Khan
#3 - 2014-11-29 22:42:06 UTC

If you click on the "Terms and Conditions" link on the page where you purchase the Collector's Edition, it says this:

Quote:
If you have an active, paying EVE Online account, you can purchase the EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition via CCP’s Account Management website and get 3 free months of EVE Online added to the end of your current subscription.

With that said, I purchased it yesterday and beside a confirmation email, I am yet to receive any game time or the other digital items to my account.
Praetor Siderium
Space Lizards with Spreadsheets
Strange Alliance
#4 - 2014-11-30 01:11:54 UTC
I'd be interested in this information as well. I bought mine from Amazon and figured I'd just start a new account and then transfer the toon, but it would be extra awesome if CCP allows us to apply the game time to existing accounts.
Orlacc
#5 - 2014-11-30 01:37:15 UTC
Says this on the page: HOLIDAY SPECIAL: PURCHASE BETWEEN 28 NOVEMBER AND 11 JANUARY AND RECEIVE 90 DAYS GAME TIME

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#6 - 2014-11-30 01:41:40 UTC
I'd like to get more info on this as well, mainly for the question above, plus:

- Will it work for unopened boxes bought before the sates specified?
- Can it be bought for non-EVE store sources, such as Amazon, and still give this bonus?

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Tappits
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#7 - 2014-11-30 02:05:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Tappits
SourceFour wrote:
Does anyone know if ,during the current promotion for the collector's edition, the 90 days of additional game time is supposed to be added to your account automatically, or if it is coming as an additional code in your collector's edition package?

The 90 days gets auto added to the eve account you used to perchance it.
I know this because i got it last night and it changed my account payment type to "free time" almost right away.

The codes are for the rest of the stuff which will come in the post with the book and stuff.

I am quite shore you have to buy it direct from CCP with a logged in eve account to get the free things.
Glur Asques
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-11-30 09:07:52 UTC
I'll be returning the one I got from amazon if we need to buy it from CCP to get the 90 bonus. Has anyone gotten it to work?
Xasnevian
sadfadsfadsadsf
#9 - 2014-11-30 10:24:44 UTC
I'd like to know this as well!
Orlacc
#10 - 2014-11-30 16:54:08 UTC
I would think from the above that you need to get it while logged into your EVE account.

Kestrix
The Whispering
#11 - 2014-11-30 17:54:06 UTC
I bought this yesterday from the eve store and I have not revived 90 days game time. I assumed I would have to redeem a code I'd receive with the product???
Orlacc
#12 - 2014-11-30 18:38:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Orlacc
Did you buy it from account page or store? I think that is the difference...

Mr RiXter
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2014-11-30 19:52:53 UTC
need more info on this as many people are interested.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#14 - 2014-11-30 20:12:03 UTC
The game time comes in a code in the box if I remember correctly.
Orlacc
#15 - 2014-11-30 20:17:08 UTC
Tappits wrote:
SourceFour wrote:

The 90 days gets auto added to the eve account you used to perchance it.
I know this because i got it last night and it changed my account payment type to "free time" almost right away.

The codes are for the rest of the stuff which will come in the post with the book and stuff.

I am quite shore you have to buy it direct from CCP with a logged in eve account to get the free things.

I believe it is auto-added when bought through the account management page. No code.

WIll let you know later if I take the plunge.

Draugo Rana
Masuat'aa Matari
Ushra'Khan
#16 - 2014-11-30 22:32:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Draugo Rana
Kestrix wrote:
I bought this yesterday from the eve store and I have not revived 90 days game time. I assumed I would have to redeem a code I'd receive with the product???

I may have bought the collector's edition through the store as well, not sure. I went through the account page at first but I may have ended up in the store somehow. It did ask me to login with my account at some point and I did. But so far I have not received any game time added to my account.

CCP must address this issue. It is unacceptable that whether you receive the 90 days game time or not depends on a particular link you click. Both options sell you the same product from the same company during the same promotion. It doesn't say anywhere in the promotion "DON'T buy it through our store or you won't receive the additional game time". I wouldn't buy the collector's edition otherwise (with the shipping costs it makes it totally not worth it without the game time).

I opened a support ticket regarding this issue. So far I haven't heard anything back.

Will post if there are any updates.
Steve Wingyip
Doomheim
#17 - 2014-11-30 23:16:07 UTC
SourceFour wrote:

It gets added at the end. I am so mad though. I have bought 4 of these and I lost all that potential game time because they decided to help the last min shoppers :(

Minmatar pilot and Merc and love my boyfriend @luppasc2! 我爱利亚姆

Orlacc
#18 - 2014-12-01 00:45:57 UTC
I can confirm that buying from the account page (versus Store) instantly adds 90 days.

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#19 - 2014-12-01 03:10:57 UTC
Orlacc wrote:
I can confirm that buying from the account page (versus Store) instantly adds 90 days.

This kind of sucks, as buying directly from CCP means that very high shipping costs negate this additional incentive. I really want CCP to chime in on this, and maybe offer to extend this bonus to purchases from any location.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#20 - 2014-12-01 04:48:55 UTC
$75 for 3 months game time, ‘Into the second decade’ book, usb rifter, golden pod, a plex, CA-3, CA-4 implants, 5x gnosis bpc Shocked

seems like a pretty good deal to me. I'm almost considering buying a second

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

123Next pageLast page