These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Alliance & Corporation Recruitment Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

2003 player looking for a WH corp to call home

Author
Matthew Geary
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-11-28 19:03:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Matthew Geary
Hello all. Geary here, hunting for a new place to call home.

In the past I've led alliances, FC'd thousands of pilots at a time, flew as a grunt, pirated, hunted pirates, hauled stuff, built stuff, taught new pilots, etc... I'm looking for a new challenge, and new things to learn. The This is EVE video brought me back to the game after about a year long absence (birth of my son). I took the time to do a full write-up on my White Talon blog, which I hope will answer any/all questions that recruitment officers might have about who I am, my past in EVE, and what I'm looking for in a corp. That said, I'll break some of it down below:

I'm pretty particular in what I'm looking for. After over a decade of playing EVE I know what I want, and I hope the perfect place presents itself.

• Active US playerbase
  • Lots of small-to-mid sized gang action
  • A corporate or alliance goal to work toward
  • Opportunities to generate ISK (specifically, to buy more ships to explode)
  • Opportunities to create content, in-game and written out-of-game (i.e. http://www.whitetalon.com/?p=249 and/or http://www.factionwarfare.com/battle-report-oicx/)
  • An understanding that family comes first (I have a wife, two year old daughter, and four month old son that come well before EVE in priorities)

I (or my alts) am skilled into the following ship types, among others:

• Covert Ops Frigs
  • Stealth Bombers
  • T3 - Armor and Shield
  • Command Ships
  • HACs - Armor and Shield
  • Recons
  • Logi - Armor and Shield
  • Marauders
  • Black Ops
  • ORE Industrial (Noctis)
  • Industrial Command (Orca)
  • Carriers - Armor and Shield
  • Dreadnoughts - Armor and Shield
  • Jump Freighters

Recruitment officers who are simply going to copy/paste the same schpeal in every post need not respond here. Interested parties can reach me here, in the comments section of the blog linked above, or at Matthew Geary in-game. I'd love to chat with you about what you/your group is all about, what you offer, and what I can bring to the table.
Cauldron Borrn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#2 - 2014-11-28 22:43:18 UTC
Hail,
An in game message has been sent!

Regards

Faciendum Est Cuiusque Devotio Est Vis Industria Battletech.

Cypr3ss Deteis
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#3 - 2014-11-29 01:10:48 UTC
Hey,

We might have what you're looking for here.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.
LINDDIESEL
F.U.N. Inc.
The Ancients.
#4 - 2014-11-29 04:53:17 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5121085#post5121085

Our corp/alliance is exactly what your lookjng for. Group of chill guys, enjoying the game while not letting it run out lives. I myself have a two year old son who comes first. Hit me up in game and we can talk.

Diesel
Matthew Geary
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-11-29 17:08:33 UTC
Hey everyone! I'm still looking! Several fantastic corporations/alliances have been in contact so far. Thank you for taking the time to chat.
Katarina The Despoiler
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#6 - 2014-11-29 22:26:56 UTC
Greetings, and congratulations on your son! It sounds like you have a couple of heirs for your character =P

I would like to invite you to have a look at "Did He Say Jump", We are primarily a US time zone alliance, though admittedly my own corp is UK/Euro based, we all work in the alliance together.

We are based in the amarr/matar faction war area, but not apart of it, offering a changing environment for us to pvp in. With the changes over the last year, things continue to change and people continue to adapt, so every day is new. Wormholes offer additional random content as well.

As for the PvE side you ask about, exploration, PI, Industry or by using an alt into the faction war itself offers a variety of ISK making potential, In addition, we can help you get into Incursions, so you can maintain a sec status to enter highsec despite your pirating and make substantial isk to pvp with too.

Our forum post is here, feel free to contact me ingame for more information.

Time Will Tell, Sooner or Later, Time Will Tell.

Matthew Geary
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-11-30 03:15:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Matthew Geary
I've effectively narrowed my search down to just wormhole related corporations. If you're currently in a wormhole, or have near-term plans to occupy one, I'm interested. I've edited the thread's subject to better represent that. Thank you very much all low/null corps that have shown interest. I'm flattered.
Matthew Geary
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-12-01 05:22:25 UTC
I've now received a solid offer I'm considering accepting. In the meantime, still looking for a WH corporation with an active US evening player base. 97M, 71M, 32M SP characters looking for that home.
Matthew Geary
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-12-02 17:11:16 UTC
Just another bump while still looking/considering offers. Still very interested in finding a WH corp to call home. :)
Matthew Geary
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-12-03 04:18:26 UTC
Back to the top!
Shurgin Ambraelle
Vagrants Against Gankers In Null Alliances
#11 - 2014-12-03 04:52:42 UTC
We dont live in WH but to alt of Ops into them with the Alliance. Sov Holding Null Sec

The Freighters Under Construction and Support Services, or FUCSs as we playfully call ourselves, is an full spectrum corp building the way towards large scale operations within 0.0. We are looking for all types of pilots. They could be ice, ORE, PI, anything or just stright PVP. Low taxes and opportunity to build items and ships. We have research people available at your disposal. If you are looking to build a specific ship let us know we can buy the needed research and data cores to move forward. Please Feel to contact us.
We are actively looking for all pilots. Minimal Skill points and skill assessment required for 0.0 operations. Boost are available Daily.

Join the BuyFUCSs Channel and Speak with one of the pilots in there, reply to this thread, or EVEmail me in to learn more. Full API is required.

Minimum Requirements for corp Entry:

7.5+/- Mil in Industry (must fly a mining barge and be self sufficent to mine) Ship building a plus

or

7.5 Million in PVP (minium Ship type is Ceptor and Bomber for Alliance ops.)

Not a Combination of the two (Reviewed on a case by case basis)

Thank you for reading.

The Biggest FUCer of them all!! RL COMES 1ST!!

-The Gene Pool Could Use a Little Chlorine!! Proud Member of InPanic!!

Matthew Geary
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-12-04 15:35:19 UTC
Little Firefly reference for the morning. Captures the feel of WH space, in my opinion. Looking forward to finding a new home.

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea

Leave the men where they lay
They'll never see another day
Lost my soul, lost my dream

I feel the black reaching out
I hear its song without a doubt
I still hear and I still see
That you can't take the sky from me.

Lost my love, lost my land
Lost the last place I could stand
There's no place I can be
Since I've found Serenity

And you can't take the sky from me.
Seripis Chiktor
D4RK M00N
#13 - 2014-12-04 17:28:14 UTC
lol you sir have a sense of humor. GJ GJ. and good taste in entertainment.
Matthew Geary
Caldari State
#14 - 2014-12-06 10:15:57 UTC
I'll be requesting this topic to be closed as I've found what I was looking for. For more information on Furtherance, check out the blog post here: http://www.whitetalon.com/?p=563