These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Most of the Tech 3 ships are ugly

Author
Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#1 - 2014-11-22 20:19:57 UTC
It is not a priority, but it would be nice to take time to change the design of the T3 ships.

Posted - 2010.07.01 11:24:00 - [4] Erase learning skills, remap all SP. That's all.

Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2014-11-22 20:25:27 UTC
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Iain Cariaba
#3 - 2014-11-22 20:35:39 UTC
Cardano Firesnake wrote:
It is not a priority, but it would be nice to take time to change the design of the T3 ships.

That little wheel on your mouse, the one between the two buttons that moves up and down, can be used to scroll out to where you don't see your ship. When in station, pick a hull you do like, and sit in it until you need to switch and undock.

Your opinion on the aesthetic value of the ship's in this game is irrelevant to the overall game. What you consider aesthetically pleasing is very likely the very definition of hideous to someone else.

/thread
Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#4 - 2014-11-22 20:53:20 UTC
No:
http://i.imgur.com/BLGt5qU.jpg

Posted - 2010.07.01 11:24:00 - [4] Erase learning skills, remap all SP. That's all.

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#5 - 2014-11-22 21:11:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
Hands. OFF. My. Legion.

Cardano Firesnake wrote:

What's wrong whit that? It's Minmatar, they are supposed to look like a mix between scrapyard and construction area.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#6 - 2014-11-22 22:47:11 UTC
it's beautiful - would you mind taking a series of pictures from different angles and in different lighting for my desktop?
I'm dead serious about this - I've just had to reinstall windows - and forgot to save my desktop pics......

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#7 - 2014-11-23 01:14:59 UTC
How about we destroy Strategic Cruisers in favour of a system CCP can actually balance instead. Tactical Destroyers may turn out to be that system. Then worry about pretty or not. (Though I prefer functional looking to pretty looking)
Ellendras Silver
CrashCat Corporation
#8 - 2014-11-23 01:26:55 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Hands. OFF. My. Legion.

Cardano Firesnake wrote:

What's wrong whit that? It's Minmatar, they are supposed to look like a mix between scrapyard and construction area.

i miss the duct tape Smile

[u]Carpe noctem[/u]

Winter Archipelago
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#9 - 2014-11-23 03:42:48 UTC
The Moa was an ugly little thing and I still happily blew through her hulls like King Henry VIII and his wives. I was sad to see the ugly cur go, too, because the new design just doesn't have the same "I've seen **** and will forcefully share the suffering with you" feel to it.

That being said, the only time you should ever see a ship model is when you're docked up, and that should only be long enough to stick a few guns on it and hit the undock button.
Valkin Mordirc
#10 - 2014-11-23 04:47:48 UTC
I think the look of the T3's look fine, might be something that comes with age though.

Doesn't really matter how ugly the girl is if she gives. know what I mean?

Also the Tengu looks a space shark and the proteus looks like a space motorcycle.

EVE ON MOTORCYCLES!!!
#DeleteTheWeak
Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#11 - 2014-11-24 14:34:39 UTC
Some versions are fine but some fits are really ridiculous.
I think it would be great to create more good looking T3.
Even if I don't really like the concept of T3 in fact ;-)
The new T3 destroyers concept is more interestening than the cruiser in my opinion.

Ceawlin Cobon-Han
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2014-11-24 16:38:28 UTC
Most of Eve's players are ugly (it's why we spend hours pretending to be gods). What do you propose as a solution to this problem?
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#13 - 2014-11-24 17:31:41 UTC
I speculate that if the mode concept of T3 destroyers is a success, T3 cruisers may get a similar change on them and a visual makeover.

The sub-system technology could then be adapted for paint jobs and similar.
Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#14 - 2014-11-24 17:58:27 UTC
Ceawlin Cobon-Han wrote:
Most of Eve's players are ugly (it's why we spend hours pretending to be gods). What do you propose as a solution to this problem?

Well I suppose CCP should do something about this too Big smile