These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Big Nidd

Author
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-11-22 21:43:21 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Auvergne Emir wrote:
All stations and capital ships sizes need rescaling please Big smile

Carriers need to be bigger; jumping from my Nado into a Nidd just looks wrong in terms of scale.

There just doesn't seem to be enough wow factor anymore. Make it BIG. Pirate

(even titans are pretty underwhelming in 2014)

And then you have new concrete to work with when CCP reinvents CTs Cool

EVE needs a supertitan. does nothing, except dwarf all other sci-fi ships ever, on comparison charts.

Lrn2Lore. Empires have them our titans are just mass produced BABBY TITANS that are dwarfed by the real titans the empires have.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Steppa Musana
Doomheim
#22 - 2014-11-23 01:42:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Steppa Musana
We need a moon size Jita 4-4.
Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
#23 - 2014-11-23 04:35:25 UTC
Karl Hobb wrote:
With the amount of crap Jita 4-4 is holding, the damn thing should take up the whole solar system. Or at least be the size of a large moon.

it would be neat if every six weeks CCP added some new structural parts for stations, and have that coded so that regular activity around any station would slight'y increase its size over time, only driven by players activity!

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#24 - 2014-11-23 05:28:22 UTC
Auvergne Emir wrote:

Precisely. That's what I'm talking about. Since you brought StarWars into it;

Super StarDestroyer = Titan
StarDestroyer = Carrier/Dread
somewhere in the middle = Super Carriers
Millenium Falcon?? = BC? Cruiser?

Super StarDestroyer plunging into Death Star - size of a splinter - more like it.
Millenium Falcon sitting on back of radar mast of StarDestroyer in Empire - tiny tiny - more like it.

You get the idea LolUgh

Falcon actually = smaller than Eve shuttle.
It's listed at 34m long as it's longest dimension.
The Caldari Shuttle as the smallest shuttle is 44m longest axis.

Try actually researching before you post things.
Battle Cruisers are 400-500m in size on average, about 15* the length of the Falcon.
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
Space Brutality
#25 - 2014-11-23 05:55:42 UTC
All ships look the same size when you sit in it as the camera has to adjust, you wouldnt want a ship taking up your whole screen and not being able to see anything

the size difference is when you pull up next to one, not sit in it

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Harrison Tato
Yamato Holdings
#26 - 2014-11-23 06:57:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Harrison Tato
James Baboli wrote:
The common rifter, produced in swarms and generally thought tiny and cute, is the size of the lovely 74-flipping 7. It is purely an issue of internal scaling, but no good method of re-scaling exists that does not nerf capitals. On second thought, rescale them, rescale them all night long.

Part of the scale problem is that details like canopies and bridge windows on frigates that should be 10 times the size of a human head at most are the size of houses.
Auvergne Emir
The Spam Warp PVP Corp
#27 - 2014-11-23 07:40:43 UTC
Ursula Thrace wrote:
i dunno - ships seem pretty massive to me. Blink

Nice poster. Looking at it I realise, while I still believe there is some modelling to be redone, Benny has a point about textures and default camera positions.

Another good example (they are endless when I think about it) when viewing carriers and dreads in station, there should be barely enough room in your hangar graphically speaking. And you can work the scaling from there. In fact why not remodel station interiors too! Gallente at least, it doesn't look like hangar, more like a cake stand. Maybe time for a little detail, it needs points of interest, it needs to look more like, well, a SPACESHIP HANGAR, ccp! I know we were all supposed to stop ship spinning a long time ago with ambulation, so I understand how station interiors and there changes have developed. But the token gesture of rendering passing spaceships in the remaining three races stations' (correct me if I'm wrong but Amarr had them for longer) was
at best humorous at the time, but now just look terrible. Since we all agreed a long time ago that a large tranche of Eve pilots have to have 3D ship models to rotate in station (forever - otherwise we'd never play again) isn't it actually time to improve hangar interiors, or at least bring them into line with captains quarters?

Hi Benny btw \o
Auvergne Emir
The Spam Warp PVP Corp
#28 - 2014-11-23 10:07:04 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Falcon actually = smaller than Eve shuttle.
It's listed at 34m long as it's longest dimension.
The Caldari Shuttle as the smallest shuttle is 44m longest axis.

Try actually researching before you post things.
Battle Cruisers are 400-500m in size on average, about 15* the length of the Falcon.

Get real bro, firstly don't 8itch at me about research, I can wholly appreciate and am not surprised at all by the dimensions you mention - I never said the dimensions in Eve and SW are the same - all you have done is illustrate my point entirely.
What is the Falcon compared to an Eve shuttle? In the Falcon (armed and used by Han for smuggling) you can fit tens of people, droids, ammo and princesses. In an Eve shuttle? barely enough room for your donut holder.
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#29 - 2014-11-23 12:48:20 UTC
Auvergne Emir wrote:

Millenium Falcon?? = BC? Cruiser?

More like shuttle, or rookie frigate. In size.

Just because there is a big window on the front of a shuttle, doesn't mean it's the size of a person. Look around for other (smaller) windows on the shuttles and you will get what I mean.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Eryn Velasquez
#30 - 2014-11-23 13:07:23 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
Eryn Velasquez wrote:
a normal carrier has a ship maintenance bay of 1.000.000 m³. Is there a special technology used which allows 2 battleships to be stored inside?
Because every battleship's volume exceeds this.

Assembled ship volumes (x1000m3)
Scorpion 468
raven 486
rokh 486

armageddon 486
apocalypse 495
abaddon 495

dominix 454
megathron 486
hyperion 495

typhoon 414
tempest 450
maelstrom 472

All navy variants: Same as tech 1. <496
All tech 2 variants: Same as tech 1. <496

Bhaalgorn 486
Nestor 486
Nightmare 486
Rattlesnake 486
Vindicator 486

COMPLETE LIST of battleships that exceed 500k m3:
Barghest
Machariel

If you could actually do the tiniest bit of research before crying for balance to a problem that does not exist, that'd be great...

Nice try, but the assembled ship volumes under "attributes" are a joke. Take the Machariel for example.

about 1400m long, if you take a look at the picture
http://wallpapersinhq.com/images/big/machariel-1433584.jpg

i would assume it's around 6-7 times longer than wide, and around 100m high, so we have 1400x200x100=28.000.000m³

_“A man's freedom consists in his being able to do whatever he wills, but that he should not, by any human power, be forced to do what is against his will.” ― Jean-Jacques Rousseau _

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#31 - 2014-11-23 13:15:42 UTC
Karl Hobb wrote:
With the amount of crap Jita 4-4 is holding, the damn thing should take up the whole solar system. Or at least be the size of a large moon.

I can only repeat myself, it would be like a million times cooler if Jita 4-4 was not a station but an entire hollowed out moon, docking bays so large that dozens of ships could undock simultaneously and not be on the same grid, cities large as continents inside and on the surface...

Think about it, it would be totally awesome. Cool

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Steppa Musana
Doomheim
#32 - 2014-11-25 11:13:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Steppa Musana
Is this thread title a play on words of a racial slur? Lol
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#33 - 2014-11-25 12:02:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Debora Tsung
Steppa Musana wrote:
Is this thread title a play on words of a racial slur? Lol

I don't quite get what you're grasping at.

Tho admittedly I first had to think about a guy called big Nick, he used to visit the same school as I, his roughly planetary shape was the source of many horrifying legends.

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Previous page12