These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

C5 Wormhole Statics

Author
GN Suckerpunch
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-11-20 16:29:05 UTC
Just to make sure im not wrong but arnt C5s only supposed to have one static(wormhole)? I ask because i was roaming and i found a C5 with 2 H296's. I triple checked by warping back and forth, repeatedly because i thought i was just seeing things.
Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#2 - 2014-11-20 16:39:40 UTC
GN Suckerpunch wrote:
Just to make sure im not wrong but arnt C5s only supposed to have one static(wormhole)? I ask because i was roaming and i found a C5 with 2 H296's. I triple checked by warping back and forth, repeatedly because i thought i was just seeing things.

You found the holes normal static and a 'wandering' static. There are random wormhole connections that spawn that don't link up to the static chain, but do have static numbers.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#3 - 2014-11-20 16:47:47 UTC
Utari Onzo wrote:
GN Suckerpunch wrote:

You found the holes normal static and a 'wandering' static. There are random wormhole connections that spawn that don't link up to the static chain, but do have static numbers.

Which one thing I've never understood why they got the term "wandering" vs just "random" which seems to explain them better.
GN Suckerpunch
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-11-20 16:59:38 UTC
I just found it odd because all of the wanderings iv ever ran into have never had the exact number as the static, in this case they are both H296. Thank you for clearing some of this up.
Jessica Duranin
Doomheim
#5 - 2014-11-20 19:57:15 UTC
GN Suckerpunch wrote:
I just found it odd because all of the wanderings iv ever ran into have never had the exact number as the static, in this case they are both H296. Thank you for clearing some of this up.

A C5->C5 will always be a H296. (unless it's a frig hole ofc) Wandering highclass to highclass holes are extremely rare - lowclass to lowclass are much more common.

Derath Ellecon wrote:

Which one thing I've never understood why they got the term "wandering" vs just "random" which seems to explain them better.

Some people think that there is a fixed number of them, meaning if you collapse one it respawns somewhere else. (it "wanders")
AFAIK no one has actually managed to proof this, but it's probably where the name comes from.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-11-20 20:33:51 UTC
That's wither a bug or a new introduction.
In the past there was no such thing as a wandering H296.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Niskin
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
The Chicken Coop
#7 - 2014-11-20 21:01:28 UTC
It may be this.

It's Dark In Here - The Lonely Wormhole Blog

Remember kiddies: the best ship in Eve is Friendship.

-MooMooDachshundCow

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#8 - 2014-11-20 21:19:04 UTC
Jessica Duranin wrote:

Derath Ellecon wrote:

Some people think that there is a fixed number of them, meaning if you collapse one it respawns somewhere else. (it "wanders")
AFAIK no one has actually managed to proof this, but it's probably where the name comes from.

Yea it's just semantics. I would still call that random, as in they randomly appear elsewhere when they collapse. While active a wormhole doesn't wander, it is fixed at both ends until it collapses. Wandering to me connotes and idea that the WH moves around while it is active.