These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Help! Jumping through gate then marked as criminal

First post
Author
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2014-11-15 22:23:19 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Haedonism Bot wrote:
Hardiss wrote:
Thanks for your helpful information. I was given this account to save my tedious training and am not experienced as who played before, so consider me as a grateful newbieBig smile. Hope this clarifcation ends some arguments here, again, many thanks to you all.

Let's try that again without implicating ourselves in a EULA violation. Say, "I was given this character" not "I was given this account" This is me giving you the benefit of the doubt because I believe your story that you are just an ignorant newbie. Account sharing is against the rules, selling or gifting characters to be transferred to another person's account is not.

Anyway, since you are a newbie, I'll give you some more advice- training in EVE is anything but tedious. This is a game where grinding is completely optional and a new character can experience some of the endgame content even with 0 SP. Flying in smaller ships while you figure things out (like how to evade a lowsec gatecamp, for example) is one of the most fun aspects of the game, and really makes you feel as if you are embarking on a great long term adventure. If you started right in with a high SP character then you robbed yourself of some of the best experiences in the game.
I agree with this advice.

Haedonism Bot wrote:
I strongly suggest that you sell that character and all its assets, give almost all of the isk to charity, (www.minerbumping.com), create a new character and do the tutorials, then go from there. Good luck, fly dangerous.

I disagree with this advice, especially the part about giving ISK to charity.

No reason to sell the character or the assets associated with it. That character can actually be used to run the Tutorial and Career Agents which would probably help, not to mention this guide - Rookie Lowsec Survival Guide

DMC
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#22 - 2014-11-17 12:14:01 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it.

The Rules:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counter productive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

27. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued to the off-topic poster.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#23 - 2014-11-17 22:57:14 UTC

Having more SP enables you to fly bigger ships, and it makes you more effective at flying the ships you can fly.

Flying bigger ships before you are ready (i.e. before you have a solid grasp of game mechanics), generally means you pay a higher price to learn your lessons.

Previous page12