These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

ridiculous

First post
Author
Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2014-11-17 21:44:12 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Aesiron wrote:
does an ethernet cable fix this problëm

I would certainly try just to rule out the wifi. Where I live the standard box you get for the internet access has wifi enabled by default. There are only so many channels and the radio spectra of them are already overlapping. If you live in a flat with many neighbors close by that will have a significant impact on your wifi connection. There are apps for mobile phones who can show you the utilization of the channels and if that may be the problem.

Also stop downloading **** while playing EVE.

im not downloading anything while playing EVE.

and my bad it's not 'packet loss' its 'socket loss/bad socket'
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#42 - 2014-11-17 21:48:39 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
It clearly is not as I rarely if ever have any connection issues.

does it maybe frighten you to know that connections vary from place to place? EVE's connection isn't the same everywhere, and why should I have to mess with my ISP/router when it's clearly CCP's 'fragile network'.

I highly doubt CCP has ANYTHING to do with the ISP in your are of the world....unless you live in the UK where I hear the server is actually maintained. There is only one server for all of EVE (Sisi is a test server and Serenity is only for China) so unless something is happening to EVERYONE it's just you bro.

Sometimes a lot of people get dced at once. Those tend to be DDOS attacks that CCP can't do much about. Sometimes a regional ISP fucks up, especially on the hop over the Atlantic, still not CCP's problem. Do a traceroute to the server, find the derp in the middle ******* it up.

The Drake is a Lie

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#43 - 2014-11-17 22:28:37 UTC
Aesiron wrote:

Have you seen this?

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#44 - 2014-11-18 00:39:31 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Aesiron wrote:
does an ethernet cable fix this problëm

I would certainly try just to rule out the wifi. Where I live the standard box you get for the internet access has wifi enabled by default. There are only so many channels and the radio spectra of them are already overlapping. If you live in a flat with many neighbors close by that will have a significant impact on your wifi connection. There are apps for mobile phones who can show you the utilization of the channels and if that may be the problem.

Also stop downloading **** while playing EVE.

im not downloading anything while playing EVE.

Have you tried the cable yet?
Jurico Elemenohpe
Flipsid3 Tactics
#45 - 2014-11-18 03:37:16 UTC
I haven't had Socket closed since before the DDOS attacks (what if the ddos attacks were a cover up for ccp to secretly replace the hamsters?).
As the thread somewhere in this says, it's something to do with one of the middle ISPs.
Previous page123