These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

ridiculous

First post
Author
Lucrii Dei
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-11-17 20:10:02 UTC
This is what happens when you have internet made of Gallentean hussies.

You should upgrade to Amarr! Bear

╔═══ ♥ ═════════════╗

EVEcandy™; An EVE Gallery!

╚══════════════ ♥ ══╝

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#22 - 2014-11-17 20:29:37 UTC
1) is it just eve or when yoru client drops do you have internet to say facebook or yahoo or something?

That will help determin the issue.

A little story:

When my wife and I moved into my in laws house to help out my mother in law (RIP) we upgraded there ****** 1.2mb dsl to 40mb cable from Comcast. had issues of random d/c's for a few months then ordered a new modem... issues got worse. But I ignored it. One night I was playing star craft 2 and my mother in law was on net flix and the wife was playing a facebook game when all three of us disconnected. So I called Comcast and after getting a small run around, finally got the issue corrected, they had not added my new modem to the network, so it would occasionally drop. The things that took the brunt the most was eve and Netflix, facebook would seem to lag a bit then move past after a few seconds. So odds are the issue is your isp.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2014-11-17 20:32:35 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Aesiron wrote:
So don't try to be funny it makes you look stupid.
Blaming the problem on CCP makes you look stupid.

Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Aesiron wrote:
So don't try to be funny it makes you look stupid.


Yoda wrote:
Do or do not, there is no try. Also, blame CCP not. Your ISP's problem it is.



It clearly is, because CCP admit they have 'more sensitive than usual networks' which is why I can still operate online while I suffer from packet losses. I want CCP to sort this out, no other MMO I know of has this issue. And even then when I played 3 years ago my connection was fine.
Paranoid Loyd
#24 - 2014-11-17 20:36:12 UTC
It clearly is not as I rarely if ever have any connection issues.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#25 - 2014-11-17 20:39:33 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
It clearly is, because CCP admit they have 'more sensitive than usual networks' which is why I can still operate online while I suffer from packet losses. I want CCP to sort this out, no other MMO I know of has this issue. And even then when I played 3 years ago my connection was fine.


EVE doesn't do well if there's heavy or demanding network traffic while it's running. If you're running torrents (especially), streaming, or something similar, EVE will complain about closed sockets all the time.

People here are chuckling about wifi, but not only do I run EVE just fine over WiFi to a DSL connection, but when a heavy storm took that down last year I ran it just fine over a WiFi tether to a 3G phone. Absolute bandwidth isn't the issue. EVE doesn't take up much. It just doesn't like to share, and it doesn't like to wait very long at all for a response.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2014-11-17 20:41:01 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
It clearly is not as I rarely if ever have any connection issues.


does it maybe frighten you to know that connections vary from place to place? EVE's connection isn't the same everywhere, and why should I have to mess with my ISP/router when it's clearly CCP's 'fragile network'.
Paranoid Loyd
#27 - 2014-11-17 20:46:39 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
It clearly is not as I rarely if ever have any connection issues.


does it maybe frighten you to know that connections vary from place to place? EVE's connection isn't the same everywhere, and why should I have to mess with my ISP/router when it's clearly CCP's 'fragile network'.

I'm not sure what you mean, we all connect to the same server.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#28 - 2014-11-17 20:52:55 UTC
Aesiron wrote:


It clearly is, because CCP admit they have 'more sensitive than usual networks' which is why I can still operate online while I suffer from packet losses. I want CCP to sort this out, no other MMO I know of has this issue. And even then when I played 3 years ago my connection was fine.


If CCP tell you their software is sensitive to packet loss, and you admit your network has packet loss, why is it CCP's problem?

And what is this about 3 years ago your connection was fine? Your OP said that your connection was bad back then too.

Seriously - the problem is either on your end or your ISP's end. CCP may be able to help you track it down, but it still won't be anything they can fix for you.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Marsha Mallow
#29 - 2014-11-17 20:53:56 UTC
If you're using BT, it's them. Someone ingame keeps whinging about packet loss and apparently spent hours on the phone squealing at them recently with no result. You'll get more helpful responses in Issues & Workarounds btw, no point having a tantrum in General Drama.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Ajunta Pal
Sith Wannabies Annonymous
#30 - 2014-11-17 20:54:39 UTC
If you really have tried it on two seperate wifi networks, the next question, have you tried it on a starbux or mcdonalds wifi network? (so its a different isp)
wifi is really bad when it comes to packet loss, if you lose too many packets you will get dropped, YOU losing the packets, not CCP
background internet activity, torrents, regular downloads, audio/video streaming, will all increase the chance of dropped packets.

my recommendation, try pluging in the lan cable and seeing if you still get dropped, if you still get dropped you will have ruled out that it is your wifi, if you stop being droped then its your wifi

next step assuming you are still being dropped would be to test it on a seperate isp, maybe go over to a friends house - if its happening on multiple ISPs then it might really be CCPs fault (chances are its the internet not CCP)

This problem used to happen to me back when I played everquest, it even happened when I played a free WoW trial - solution for me, it was my lan card drivers, I had an "off" brand lan-card and once I installed compatible "on" brand drivers I stopped dropping, took a closer look, and the dropped packet policies for the two drivers were different, the off brand ignored dropped packets while the on brand retransmited dropped packets

please don't blame the problem on ccp, if it was ccp we would all be suffering from this problem, and even then it would be more likely to be an internet problem in general or a ddos than for it to be ccp
Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2014-11-17 20:55:52 UTC
Ajunta Pal wrote:
If you really have tried it on two seperate wifi networks, the next question, have you tried it on a starbux or mcdonalds wifi network? (so its a different isp)
wifi is really bad when it comes to packet loss, if you lose too many packets you will get dropped, YOU losing the packets, not CCP
background internet activity, torrents, regular downloads, audio/video streaming, will all increase the chance of dropped packets.

my recommendation, try pluging in the lan cable and seeing if you still get dropped, if you still get dropped you will have ruled out that it is your wifi, if you stop being droped then its your wifi

next step assuming you are still being dropped would be to test it on a seperate isp, maybe go over to a friends house - if its happening on multiple ISPs then it might really be CCPs fault (chances are its the internet not CCP)

This problem used to happen to me back when I played everquest, it even happened when I played a free WoW trial - solution for me, it was my lan card drivers, I had an "off" brand lan-card and once I installed compatible "on" brand drivers I stopped dropping, took a closer look, and the dropped packet policies for the two drivers were different, the off brand ignored dropped packets while the on brand retransmited dropped packets

please don't blame the problem on ccp, if it was ccp we would all be suffering from this problem, and even then it would be more likely to be an internet problem in general or a ddos than for it to be ccp


So why is this suddenly a problem now?

3 years ago I had a worse network which disconnected every time the ****** phone rang, now I have fibre optic, I have a wifi extender about 3 feet away from my computer and I get disconnected now? What's happened in 3 years to make CCP's tolerance for wifi drop sky low?
Harrison Tato
Yamato Holdings
#32 - 2014-11-17 20:57:29 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Houston, I think we've discovered the problem.



I was just in Houston, playing Eve on my business laptop, with cheesy hotel Wifi.. Houston isn't the problem.


In Texas it is referred to as a Biddnis laptop.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#33 - 2014-11-17 20:57:34 UTC
War Kitten wrote:
If CCP tell you their software is sensitive to packet loss, and you admit your network has packet loss, why is it CCP's problem?


Thank you. You had me at common sense.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#34 - 2014-11-17 21:01:00 UTC
This thread has been moved to Issues, Workarounds & Localization.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Ajunta Pal
Sith Wannabies Annonymous
#35 - 2014-11-17 21:05:43 UTC
thats exactly it, NOTHING happened with CCP

your wifi extender should be closer to your wifi router than your PC, its probably not helping cause if its 3 feet from your pc its only extending your wifi by 3 feet

the problem could be potentially with many things

on your end
1) wifi (something wrong with the drivers, the card itself, or lots of background interference)
2) drivers/settings on your comp
3) local network topography (crappy hardware, crappy settings on the hardware)

on your isp
1) simultaneous active connection limits
2) throttling (which includes the above)
3) crappy hardware (modem in your home, router outside your home, etc)
4) crappy network topography

the internets
1) crappy network topography
2) crappy hardware on the path your isp is taking to get you to ccp
3) ddos attacks

ccp
same as all the above, everyone would be suffering from the same problem, not just you, not a handful, not hundreds....EVERYONE
Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2014-11-17 21:18:46 UTC
Ajunta Pal wrote:
thats exactly it, NOTHING happened with CCP

your wifi extender should be closer to your wifi router than your PC, its probably not helping cause if its 3 feet from your pc its only extending your wifi by 3 feet

the problem could be potentially with many things

on your end
1) wifi (something wrong with the drivers, the card itself, or lots of background interference)
2) drivers/settings on your comp
3) local network topography (crappy hardware, crappy settings on the hardware)

on your isp
1) simultaneous active connection limits
2) throttling (which includes the above)
3) crappy hardware (modem in your home, router outside your home, etc)
4) crappy network topography

the internets
1) crappy network topography
2) crappy hardware on the path your isp is taking to get you to ccp
3) ddos attacks

ccp
same as all the above, everyone would be suffering from the same problem, not just you, not a handful, not hundreds....EVERYONE


does an ethernet cable fix this problëm
Ajunta Pal
Sith Wannabies Annonymous
#37 - 2014-11-17 21:22:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Ajunta Pal
possibly, all I can say is try it, if it does then its something with your wifi, if it doesn't then you've ruled out that its your wifi

there are some drivers and services on windows PCs that effect both wifi and lan - those would be the next things to check

after that I would try turning off all firewall/internet protection services on any routers you may have - they sometimes interfere with connection quality

edit: when i mentioned "background interference" in the previous post that basically includes any and all things that draw electricity along with walls and anything that puts out an over the air signal, it also includes solar flares and similar atomospheric/cosmic events
Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2014-11-17 21:24:27 UTC
Ajunta Pal wrote:
possibly, all I can say is try it, if it does then its something with your wifi, if it doesn't then you've ruled out that its your wifi

there are some drivers and services on windows PCs that effect both wifi and lan - those would be the next things to check

after that I would try turning off all firewall/internet protection services on any routers you may have - they sometimes interfere with connection quality


tengo un mac, i dont have antivirus

but could the mac be diffusing packets around the globe like mayhem?
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#39 - 2014-11-17 21:33:08 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
does an ethernet cable fix this problëm

I would certainly try just to rule out the wifi. Where I live the standard box you get for the internet access has wifi enabled by default. There are only so many channels and the radio spectra of them are already overlapping. If you live in a flat with many neighbors close by that will have a significant impact on your wifi connection. There are apps for mobile phones who can show you the utilization of the channels and if that may be the problem.

Also stop downloading porn while playing EVE.
Ajunta Pal
Sith Wannabies Annonymous
#40 - 2014-11-17 21:35:40 UTC
its possible, at a basic level all computers work the same
mac diffusing packets wouldn't really be accurate, hubs and wifi both send packets "globally"
in the case of a hub, everyone on the network gets every packet
in the case of wifi, everyone in range gets every packet

ya, not worried about anti-virus, macs iirc do have a built in firewall, just like windows - those settings not being right could cause the problem

did you try the physical cable?

-its difficult to diagnose problems when you aren't sitting there with the other person
I'm really only trying to suggest diagnostic steps to find out what the problem really is
Previous page123Next page