These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

ridiculous

First post
Author
Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2014-11-17 19:06:40 UTC
I started playing this game 5 years ago for a period of 2 years. I often got frustrated because a) the connection was poor and b) my computer overheated, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

I decide to have a 3-year break. I come here with a new 1.5k computer with brand new broadband as well with 35mbps wifi on my laptop... and I come on and I get ******* constant 'packet loss' errors and I get ditched by the client every 5 minutes or so.

Well, this game is unplayable for me. At least it was only £7 as opposed to £10... but seriously, what's happened to make the connection even worse than it was 3 years ago?
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#2 - 2014-11-17 19:09:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
I don't know what happened to your ISP since you last time played. I have WiFi and everything is ok.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#3 - 2014-11-17 19:09:28 UTC
I'd bring your problems up with the ISP and ask them what they're doing with your packages.
Kamahl Daikun
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-11-17 19:10:03 UTC
>blaming CCP for your bad internet
Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2014-11-17 19:10:37 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
I'd bring your problems up with the ISP and ask them what they're doing with your packages.

i've made a ticket with two documents containing diagnostics data... hopefully this will solve it
Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2014-11-17 19:11:23 UTC
Kamahl Daikun wrote:

my internet isn't bad... CCP's overly sensitive network is bad, the rest of my internet works perfectly fine and the eve client ditches me.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#7 - 2014-11-17 19:13:15 UTC
DAM U CCP!! Y U NO FIX MAI ISP!!!!! DAM U ALL TO HEK!!!!

I R UNSUB 4 REASONZ! GRRRRRRRRRRRR CLOASED PACKET LOSS SOCKET ERROR LAUNCHER!!!!!

On a serious note, when you are finally able to log in, perhaps a transfer of your assets to me is in order?

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#8 - 2014-11-17 19:14:14 UTC
I run two clients on a 7 year old system with 2GB RAM over an translation layer (wine) in Linux which uses a ZFS raidZ which consumes probably half of that RAM already.

I don't think your problem has something to do with the EVE client. I have hardly ever seen a game that runs so smooth (recent DDOS incidents excluded).
Paranoid Loyd
#9 - 2014-11-17 19:15:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Are you sure it's plugged in?
Have you tried turning it off and then back on again?

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#10 - 2014-11-17 19:15:53 UTC
I run this game off of a local internet provider, with a relatively cheap router. Eve works fine for me, barring obvious outages, and I typically run two or three clients at once.

But then I actually bother with things like port forwarding, network optimization, and such.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#11 - 2014-11-17 19:36:22 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
35mbps wifi on my laptop... and I come on and I get ******* constant 'packet loss' errors and I get ditched by the client every 5 minutes or so.

Aesiron wrote:

35mbps wifi on my laptop...

Aesiron wrote:

wifi

Houston, I think we've discovered the problem.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

The Troll Bridge
#12 - 2014-11-17 19:38:17 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:

I was just in Houston, playing Eve on my business laptop, with cheesy hotel Wifi.. Houston isn't the problem.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2014-11-17 19:40:36 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
DAM U CCP!! Y U NO FIX MAI ISP!!!!! DAM U ALL TO HEK!!!!

I R UNSUB 4 REASONZ! GRRRRRRRRRRRR CLOASED PACKET LOSS SOCKET ERROR LAUNCHER!!!!!

On a serious note, when you are finally able to log in, perhaps a transfer of your assets to me is in order?

I can log in I just can't sustain more than 5 minutes online. So don't try to be funny it makes you look stupid. Also it is CCP's fault because I've tried it on two separate wifi networks and the same problem occurs.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#14 - 2014-11-17 19:42:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

I was just in Houston, playing Eve on my business laptop, with cheesy hotel Wifi.. Houston isn't the problem.

Just about everyone's been in Houston at some point, I was making sure she was aware of this thread.

On a serious note, the OP may want to refer to the correct forum area.
▬▬► Issues, Workarounds & Localization

Paranoid Loyd
#15 - 2014-11-17 19:55:18 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
So don't try to be funny it makes you look stupid.
Blaming the problem on CCP makes you look stupid.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#16 - 2014-11-17 19:59:36 UTC
I hardly fi d it is the ips issue as most days mg net is fine and other days I get disconnect with socket closed every hour at a specific point is inc I have my first socket closed at 2035 I can expect my next socket closed at 2135.

And another reason I know it isn't isp, because it would affect other online games and even net browsing as the socket closed on eve often kicks the net connection offline as it reconnects and only happens when I'm on eve.

I also dont believe the garbage ccp tries to feed us about our data getting lost and that its not ddos/ other attacks
Kinda like the alien guy meme

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Xavier Holtzman
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#17 - 2014-11-17 20:01:05 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
I started playing this game 5 years ago for a period of 2 years. I often got frustrated because a) the connection was poor and b) my computer overheated, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

I decide to have a 3-year break. I come here with a new 1.5k computer with brand new broadband as well with 35mbps wifi on my laptop... and I come on and I get ******* constant 'packet loss' errors and I get ditched by the client every 5 minutes or so.

Well, this game is unplayable for me. At least it was only £7 as opposed to £10... but seriously, what's happened to make the connection even worse than it was 3 years ago?

You're right! It is totally ridiculous that you would blame CCP for your ISPs problems.

Also ... WIFI lol!

I do not like the men on this spaceship. They are uncouth and fail to appreciate my better qualities. I have something of value to contribute to this mission if only they would realize it. - Bill Frug

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#18 - 2014-11-17 20:03:55 UTC
Xavier Holtzman wrote:

Also ... WIFI lol!

Next thing the OP is probably going to tell us is that he's still using the launcher.

The Troll Bridge
#19 - 2014-11-17 20:08:31 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
So don't try to be funny it makes you look stupid.

Yoda wrote:
Do or do not, there is no try. Also, blame CCP not. Your ISP's problem it is.

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#20 - 2014-11-17 20:09:48 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
Kamahl Daikun wrote:

my internet isn't bad... CCP's overly sensitive network is bad, the rest of my internet works perfectly fine and the eve client ditches me.

Umm, I'm afraid it *is* your internet that is bad. CCP isn't singling you out.

Somewhere between your laptop and the on-ramps to the internet superhighway of the future, someone with about your level of networking expertise seems to be mismanaging things and causing your issue.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

123Next page