These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

total multibox domination

First post
Author
F3X5ON
Zero Fun Allowed
#21 - 2014-11-17 11:24:48 UTC
isboxer is strenght
isboxer is love
Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#22 - 2014-11-17 11:55:57 UTC
You guys are missing something. The CFC are pay2win! Honestly look at them with their 30,000 members! They are literally pay2win with that amount of people against my special snowflake of a character! I demand nerfs to friends and social structures so I can own all of sov space!

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Snagletooth Johnson
Snagle Material Services
CAStabouts
#23 - 2014-11-17 12:10:19 UTC
MMO, Massive Multiboxing Online.
It's no longer about playing with others, it's about playing with yourself in front of others
Leannor
Bridge not Jump
Brothers of Tangra
#24 - 2014-11-17 12:53:17 UTC
Jvpiter wrote:

Also, you get 3 pilots per account and gate camps don't assemble in mere minutes.



clever and effective ones do actually. Their scout sees a scout come through, ... then the rest warp to gate (or decloak) and boom.

"Lykouleon wrote:

STOP TOUCHING ICONIC SHIP PARTS"

Angeal MacNova
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2014-11-17 12:58:05 UTC
Yes it has sunk that low. EvE became P2W the moment PLEX happened.

http://www.projectvaulderie.com/goodnight-sweet-prince/

http://www.projectvaulderie.com/the-untold-story/

CCP's true, butthurt, colors.

Because those who can't do themselves keep others from doing too.

Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-11-17 13:20:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Aralyn Cormallen
Snagletooth Johnson wrote:
It's no longer about playing with others, it's about playing with yourself in front of others


It's all fun and games until the police arrive.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#27 - 2014-11-17 13:22:14 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Jvpiter wrote:

How did you encounter a gate camp? Why would any of your assets jump a gate without knowing what's on the other side?
Even if we ignore the colossal mistake that you made, which is hard to do, do you think you would have survived fifteen individual people at that gate?
What is the fundamental difference between the two?


Because the scout can know what's on the other side without jumping first?
And because if you don't have multiple accounts you don't always have a scout handy?
Also 15 individual people have a larger chance of human error.
And without ISboxer 15 multiboxed accounts have a command lag as they tab through each one.

So, there is a difference between one person ISBoxing 15 accounts and any other scenario.

ISBoxer does violate the spirit of the EULA with regards to not being allowed to use programs that speed up an activity faster than a human could do so.


The 'scout' is expendable, that's why it's a scout.

As to the second point, there is this new invention called "other human beings" that are like even better than alts. While i'm sure CCP will get around to nerfing these 'other people' things one day (it's on the schedule after fixing the pos code), for right now they are seriously over powered.

And what does "human error" matter in a gate camp? "Oh gee, I only have 14 scrams on me instead of 15.... NOW'S MY CHANCE!!".

And theie is ZERO "command lag when you have 15 accounts going with 2 shooters (one of which is a hictor), 12 in drone ships (6 each assigning sentries to the 2 'shooters') and 1 ship to sensor boost the hictor. Anyone can do that without isboxer and if things go south, the FC can fleet warp everything.

Isboxer is a pain in the ass to use (if it wasn't I would be isboxing missions and anomalies) and regardless of your incorrect interpretation of the 'spirit' of the EULA, the only people who matter in this (CCP) says it's ok for people to use this thing in their game. I don't much care for it but I'm not going to pretend it's not something that is allowed either.


If we are talking low sec, then it's only the OPs fault that he got caught by a gate camp. This game gives us a million and one ways to avoid and ignore such things and if you don't use them, that is your fault.
Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#28 - 2014-11-17 13:29:20 UTC
Why just last night goons drop on us with 100 or so harpys. But i don't have 100 friends. It is soo unfair. Nurf friends now!

I should be able to win by myself, and get sov and never lose a ship. Oh and while i am at it, why are titans soo expensive. Its totally pay to win. How can one person ever afford to mine or mission that much.

Eve is a MMO. MMOs are like sex. Sure you can go solo, but it is more fun in a group.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#29 - 2014-11-17 13:29:46 UTC
Angeal MacNova wrote:
Yes it has sunk that low. EvE became P2W the moment PLEX happened.


Ah, so the day CCP introduced a thing that is the thing that probably let EVE ONline survive as a viable product (because it is a product and products need to make money for their owners, CCP revenues were "anemic" before plex) was somehow a bad day huh?

I've played pay to win games where money unlocked things other people could not get via playing. PLEX doesn't do that, all it does is allow people to trade time for money with other players (ie I have lots of time to grind pve, plex allows me to trade my time for someone else's money). Real p2w is an actual game mechanic (you give the game company money, they give you a mechanical in game advantage).

At this point, if I had to pay a sub and THEN grind in game money to do things in game, I myself wouldn't be playing EVE after all these years (or wouldn't be doing it with 4 accounts at least). PLEX has kept me in the game by allowing me access to the game via doing what I enjoy (PVE).
Prince Kobol
#30 - 2014-11-17 13:40:34 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:


Isboxer is a pain in the ass to use (if it wasn't I would be isboxing missions and anomalies)



I have to pull you up one this one point. It really inst a pain in the ass. It is actually incredibly easy.

There are even overview settings and guides you can download specifically to be used with ISBoxer depending on what you are doing, Incursions, Mining, Mission Runner, Ratting, PvP etc..

Just go on Youtube and search for ISboxer Eve Guides.. it is very easy.
Jvpiter
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#31 - 2014-11-17 13:45:49 UTC
Leannor wrote:
Jvpiter wrote:

Also, you get 3 pilots per account and gate camps don't assemble in mere minutes.



clever and effective ones do actually. Their scout sees a scout come through, ... then the rest warp to gate (or decloak) and boom.



A scout is no scout without safes and no dscan.


Call me Joe.

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#32 - 2014-11-17 13:49:59 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:


Isboxer is a pain in the ass to use (if it wasn't I would be isboxing missions and anomalies)



I have to pull you up one this one point. It really inst a pain in the ass. It is actually incredibly easy.

There are even overview settings and guides you can download specifically to be used with ISBoxer depending on what you are doing, Incursions, Mining, Mission Runner, Ratting, PvP etc..

Just go on Youtube and search for ISboxer Eve Guides.. it is very easy.


I've done all that, it's just way easier to do what I've been doing (triple boxing 3 ships, 1 shooter and 2 drone ships, all with 1 screen while the other screen is showing...erm...cat videos, yea, cat videos....). The EVE client itself gives me everything I need to multibox with the one exception of a command for "pull drones in if my ship warps" lol.

I know it can all be learned (when i was in TEST this one dude isboxered 12 nagas to do anomalies, it was crazy), but the fact that you need tutorials and videos to do it when a single mouse click in game (assign drones to x) does the same thing.

Hell I don't even need drones if I use missile ships that loaded with FoF missiles. switching over to look at another client and restart the FoF missiles is MUCH less clicking that setting up an isboxer group then having to clone the damn overview settings and toggle broadcast on and off depending on what you are doing etc etc. Isboxer is a pain in the ass to me (of course I'm talking pve, isboxer is most likely better for pvp).
Jvpiter
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#33 - 2014-11-17 13:51:28 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:

I have to pull you up one this one point. It really inst a pain in the ass. It is actually incredibly easy.

There are even overview settings and guides you can download specifically to be used with ISBoxer depending on what you are doing, Incursions, Mining, Mission Runner, Ratting, PvP etc..

Just go on Youtube and search for ISboxer Eve Guides.. it is very easy.



Mining and Missions are dead simple and have a myriad YouTube guides.


Should we remove these from EVE too?


Call me Joe.

Lucrii Dei
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2014-11-17 13:52:02 UTC
The game forces players to use multiple accounts or at least characters on some level. Characters sat in a Titan or Supercarrier is a prime example, unless you fancy leaving either of those empty inside a tower.

╔═══ ♥ ═════════════╗

EVEcandy™; An EVE Gallery!

╚══════════════ ♥ ══╝

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#35 - 2014-11-17 13:56:46 UTC
yes, isbotter is ruining the game and should get banned, CCP should try to apply their own EULA.
Dave Stark
#36 - 2014-11-17 13:59:05 UTC
Longtom McGregor wrote:
I've been around for a long time. This is my first post on these forums - ever.

I don't generally complain, but today, I saw a guy camping a gate with a friend, and between them they had FIFTEEN multiboxed characters. Of course, they easily slaughtering anything that came in or out of the gate.

With that kind of money, skills don't matter. Ships don't matter. "Pay to win," indeed.

Now, I'm not trying to complain, but this just made me sad. When I say sad, I mean really, down to my toes sad.

Are we going to have to get a minimum of four accounts and learn how to multibox in order to enjoy the game? Is the difference between success or failure not by skills but by why owns the most payed accounts?

Has it sunk as low as this?


now tell me, how is this any different to 15 bored people camping that gate?

oh wait, it isn't.
move along.
Prince Kobol
#37 - 2014-11-17 14:03:14 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:


Isboxer is a pain in the ass to me (of course I'm talking pve, isboxer is most likely better for pvp).


Now is where I have started to have an issue with ISBoxer.

I will be honest, I couldn't care less about people using ISboxer for PvE activities. My own point of view is PvE in Eve is so terrible that any tool that allows people to do it quicker is a good thing.

Its the impact it is starting to have in PvP and CCP's reaction to it.

When you have somebody like the Replicator (sorry dude) have such a massive effect on the outcome of fights it is ridiculous. On top of that you have the many rumours that CCP have reimbursed people, even the Replicator has stated this a number of times on reddit, on their PvP losses to him and other ISboxers is just stupid

I know of no other way 1 person by themselves can have such a massive impact on a fight then with using ISboxer.





Prince Kobol
#38 - 2014-11-17 14:04:11 UTC
Jvpiter wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

I have to pull you up one this one point. It really inst a pain in the ass. It is actually incredibly easy.

There are even overview settings and guides you can download specifically to be used with ISBoxer depending on what you are doing, Incursions, Mining, Mission Runner, Ratting, PvP etc..

Just go on Youtube and search for ISboxer Eve Guides.. it is very easy.



Mining and Missions are dead simple and have a myriad YouTube guides.


Should we remove these from EVE too?





First learn to read and then practice some more trolling, then come back to me
Prince Kobol
#39 - 2014-11-17 14:05:23 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Longtom McGregor wrote:
I've been around for a long time. This is my first post on these forums - ever.

I don't generally complain, but today, I saw a guy camping a gate with a friend, and between them they had FIFTEEN multiboxed characters. Of course, they easily slaughtering anything that came in or out of the gate.

With that kind of money, skills don't matter. Ships don't matter. "Pay to win," indeed.

Now, I'm not trying to complain, but this just made me sad. When I say sad, I mean really, down to my toes sad.

Are we going to have to get a minimum of four accounts and learn how to multibox in order to enjoy the game? Is the difference between success or failure not by skills but by why owns the most payed accounts?

Has it sunk as low as this?


now tell me, how is this any different to 15 bored people camping that gate?

oh wait, it isn't.
move along.


Is 1 person controlling 15 bombers using ISboxer exactly the same as 15 individual pilots flying 15 bombers?
Dave Stark
#40 - 2014-11-17 14:09:54 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Longtom McGregor wrote:
I've been around for a long time. This is my first post on these forums - ever.

I don't generally complain, but today, I saw a guy camping a gate with a friend, and between them they had FIFTEEN multiboxed characters. Of course, they easily slaughtering anything that came in or out of the gate.

With that kind of money, skills don't matter. Ships don't matter. "Pay to win," indeed.

Now, I'm not trying to complain, but this just made me sad. When I say sad, I mean really, down to my toes sad.

Are we going to have to get a minimum of four accounts and learn how to multibox in order to enjoy the game? Is the difference between success or failure not by skills but by why owns the most payed accounts?

Has it sunk as low as this?


now tell me, how is this any different to 15 bored people camping that gate?

oh wait, it isn't.
move along.


Is 1 person controlling 15 bombers using ISboxer exactly the same as 15 individual pilots flying 15 bombers?

yeah, 15 bombers launch 15 bombs.