These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The price of heresy

First post First post
Author
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#221 - 2014-11-09 00:54:12 UTC
I'd just like to add that my killboard is awesomely red and I'm very proud of every ship I've ever lost.

Except that Enyo I lost while drunk. I don't remember that happening, so I can't take pride in it. But I apparently was lucid enough to warp back to my wormhole and reship before logging off. I guess I can be proud of that.

Anyway, terribad killboards are good things.

What are we talking about?
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#222 - 2014-11-09 00:57:54 UTC

Your welcome! Your loyal inquisitors of HTFU are tireless in their efforts to create content for others, and rebuff the untoward advances of undersexed stalkers...a price we gladly pay to live as EvE rockstars.

Now surely inquisitors in the dark ages were the first form of societal rockstars, with their famous drunken games like 'pin the tail on the heretic', chaining naked heretics to dungeon walls and playing pin-the-tail with hot pokers and anal triple-twenty scoring zones...

...but while times have changed, and its now scrams, webs and void (s), its still the same fun for the whole family isn't it?

F
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#223 - 2014-11-09 01:59:54 UTC
HTFU is a farce and a joke. Killing new/casual players is lame and bad for the game. Get a job.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#224 - 2014-11-09 10:49:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Veers Belvar wrote:
a farce and a joke

the irony Big smile

Edit : oh wow, if you thought teers was bad, this is like the little ironic cherry on top of a hilariously rich three tear ironic cake

NPC Forum alt Dr Beatrox wrote:

you guys have no balls,
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#225 - 2014-11-10 03:31:04 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
HTFU is a farce and a joke. Killing new/casual players is lame and bad for the game. Get a job.

You are literally a sentient fart.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#226 - 2014-11-10 18:11:00 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

You are literally a sentient fart.
I feel that this belongs here.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

CODE Agent AC
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#227 - 2014-11-10 21:56:22 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:

Really? And nothing about the Permaband song by CCP? Nothing at all?

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#228 - 2014-11-10 23:28:40 UTC
CODE Agent AC wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

Permaband

Katie

Feyd

F
Zepher Helen Hawat
Malfurion Mining
#229 - 2014-11-11 00:08:27 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
CODE Agent AC wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

Permaband

Katie

Feyd

F

Thanks Feyd! I just spit my cola out on to my keyboard watching the carebears be scared video! LOL!
Jur Tissant
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#230 - 2014-11-12 07:16:23 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:

As a general rule of thumb, killing players is never bad for the game. Quite the opposite, in fact. We should welcome our new comrades into the universe with celebratory fireworks.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#231 - 2014-11-12 13:06:52 UTC
Jur Tissant wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

As a general rule of thumb, killing players is never bad for the game. Quite the opposite, in fact. We should welcome our new comrades into the universe with celebratory fireworks.

in the facePirate
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#232 - 2014-11-12 20:12:34 UTC
Celebratory fireworks should be reserved for decloaking the manticore in the ice anomaly and unleashing at random snackinaws.
At the very least a good chuckle will be had as several redock to change their undies.
But then again, I have a twisted sense of humor.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Jurico Elemenohpe
Flipsid3 Tactics
#233 - 2014-11-16 03:06:47 UTC
Wulfgar WarHammer wrote:
Yeah, ganging up on newbs who don't understand game mechanics.

such wow

so skills

much impressed

also, darklord?

much emo

so dark and edgy
If they don't understand game mechanics, don't you think maybe they shouldn't be in a 1bn isk hull?
CODE Agent AC
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#234 - 2014-11-16 07:38:28 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:

Is that your kettle behind you?

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#235 - 2014-11-16 08:28:07 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:

Trolling the forums all day because you get butthurt that people want to blow up spaceships in a game designed around blowing up spaceships is really lame.
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#236 - 2014-11-16 16:50:41 UTC
Renegade Heart wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

Trolling the forums all day because you get butthurt that people want to blow up spaceships in a game designed around blowing up spaceships is really lame.

I don't troll, I tell it as it is. Being stupid and trying to enrage people doing PvE in highsec is a lot more than "want[ing] to blow up spaceships." Go to low/null if you just want pew-pew....you do it in high for tears, rage, giggles, etc...and that is indeed lame.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#237 - 2014-11-16 17:01:29 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Renegade Heart wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

I don't troll, I tell it as it is. Being stupid and trying to enrage people doing PvE in highsec is a lot more than "want[ing] to blow up spaceships." Go to low/null if you just want pew-pew....you do it in high for tears, rage, giggles, etc...and that is indeed lame.

no we do it in highsec because we can and will continue to do so until the sandbox breaks
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#238 - 2014-11-16 17:15:16 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Renegade Heart wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

no we do it in highsec because we can and will continue to do so until the sandbox breaks

Would banning safaris break the sandbox? How about wardeccs? Theft? Scamming?
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#239 - 2014-11-16 17:18:11 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:

Would banning safaris break the sandbox?
no
Quote:
How about wardeccs?
clearly
Quote:
Theft?
yes
Quote:
Scamming?
yes

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#240 - 2014-11-16 17:20:10 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

Would banning safaris break the sandbox?
no
Quote:
How about wardeccs?
clearly
Quote:
Theft?
yes
Quote:
Scamming?
yes

How convenient :)

The one thing they are going to surely get rid of is the only thing that doesn't break the sandbox. Roll