These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Suggestion] PLEX. Community.

First post
Author
Nathan Ormande
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-11-16 12:03:47 UTC
This morning in EvE's wonderful, lovely and comical Help Channel.
A discussion took place, and at time of writing is still in discussion.
PLEX prices are through the roof. I understand that EvE is a game and CCP need to earn money from it.
If plex prices hit 2bn lot's of people are going to leave. And the only solution(after a heated and long argument), is CCP control's plex prices. Some Idea's of how to do this follow.

NPC
Plex's can be sold to an NPC for a set price and can be bought from the NPC for a set price, (Depending on stock etc).

Plex. Bye
Paying for Gametime. Eg. Pay 800m for 31 days of gametime. And if you want to buy isk buy it directly. eg $20 for 800M

Just an Idea from Help Channel Post you idea's below.
Ursula Thrace
Dreamland Augmented Consortium
#2 - 2014-11-16 12:19:42 UTC
The market decides the price of PLEX. The majority of players aren't going to leave Eve because of something costing more on the market. They'll just work harder for ISK.

Just be glad you're not on Serenity.
Wendrika Hydreiga
#3 - 2014-11-16 12:26:33 UTC
You have no clue on how good we have it with PLEX, and how little CCP influences its price. And how well the whole system actually works in terms of fairness.

Nothing wrong with PLEX. Maybe people should just stop playing with mutliple accounts the way they do? Or tone it down, which is exactly what PLEX prices are forcing people to do.
Lord LazyGhost
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-11-16 12:45:50 UTC
I don't use pled for my accounts I pay monthly. Reason for this is I vault 900m in game more then I 10pound a month. Because what's 10pounds a month. Hour at work

If you can't afford a hours work to play again for a month then you should I und really not be playing a game in the first place and getting a grip
Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-11-16 12:58:54 UTC
Supposing that CCP DOES decide to fix the price at some point, they don't need to involve an arbitrary npc in this. All they need to do is freeze the price, so that they cannot be sold for over that price, bought for under it, or contracted, traded, or undocked with. The reason for the last 3 is because people would just manually trade them then.

CCP has the data on how many unique players are plexing, how that number is changing, and whether or not EvE is losing many customers. I'm sure if it starts to hit a dangerous point, they will do something. Unfortunately, I think we're going to be biting 1.5 billion isk bullets by July.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#6 - 2014-11-16 13:00:55 UTC
Nathan Ormande wrote:
PLEX prices are through the roof. I understand that EvE is a game and CCP need to earn money from it.
If plex prices hit 2bn lot's of people are going to leave. And the only solution(after a heated and long argument), is CCP control's plex prices. Some Idea's of how to do this follow.

NPC
Plex's can be sold to an NPC for a set price and can be bought from the NPC for a set price, (Depending on stock etc).

Plex. Bye
Paying for Gametime. Eg. Pay 800m for 31 days of gametime. And if you want to buy isk buy it directly. eg $20 for 800M

No plex cannot be sold by NPC for a set price.

And no, you should not be able to buy ISK directly.

Do you know anything about plex and the market? From what you wrote, I highly doubt it.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-11-16 13:17:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Nathan Ormande wrote:

PLEX prices are through the roof.

According to forum whiners, that already happened when plex prices hit over 300 mil, many years ago. Unless the roof has moved since then...

Heil Sansha

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-11-16 13:21:56 UTC
To all those who will be quitting EvE as a result of the rising price of PLEX, please give me your stuff, and close the door on your way out.

Thanks!
rofflesausage
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-11-16 13:23:34 UTC
Nathan Ormande wrote:

If plex prices hit 2bn lot's of people are going to leave.

Like when they hit 500M, then 600M, then 700M, then 800M.....lol

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#10 - 2014-11-16 13:25:54 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Nathan Ormande wrote:

According to forum whiners, that already happened when plex prices hit over 300 mil, many years ago. Unless the roof has moved since then...

Heil Sansha

The CSM has been voting to raise the PLEX ceiling so that the economy doesn't collapse.

As for the OP, if prices are too high, do your part and stop buying.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Xavier Holtzman
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#11 - 2014-11-16 13:34:43 UTC
Nathan Ormande wrote:

NPC

Plex. Bye

GD Plex thread #5360.

Doc isn't here yet so I'll do it....

Features & Ideas ----->

Go pollute that forum with your pointless drivel.

I do not like the men on this spaceship. They are uncouth and fail to appreciate my better qualities. I have something of value to contribute to this mission if only they would realize it. - Bill Frug

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#12 - 2014-11-16 13:39:37 UTC
^^ beaten to it Cry

Doc Fury wrote:
▬▬► Features & Ideas Discussion

┌──────────────────────────────────┐
│▓▓▓▓▓▒░ FuryBot™ ooh.89 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓│
└──────────────────────────────────┘

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#13 - 2014-11-16 13:44:17 UTC
they're now good value in real money terms. i just bought two with my resub offer. when they were ~500M ISK i wouldn't have considered it.

forums.  serious business.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#14 - 2014-11-16 13:47:50 UTC
Considering how badly mineral, ship, and weapon prices are inflated compared to a few years ago, you're just lucky PLEX prices aren't even higher.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2014-11-16 13:53:59 UTC
Val'Dore wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Nathan Ormande wrote:

Heil Sansha

The CSM has been voting to raise the PLEX ceiling so that the economy doesn't collapse.

As for the OP, if prices are too high, do your part and stop buying.

I was speaking as figuratively as the OP. Pretty sure the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#16 - 2014-11-16 14:08:28 UTC
Thread locked.

The Rules:
17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)