These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rhea] Introducing the Bowhead

First post First post First post
Author
Dreiden Kisada
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1281 - 2014-11-15 11:38:53 UTC
Dwissi wrote:
Let see:

Page 65 by now - last on topic arguments back some 20 pages - check
'Elegant' trolling by playing the words - check
Thread hooking for personal discussions - check

BINGO! Hat off for managing this before page 100.

What do you mean last on topic argument? This guy's stance is that Eve has a bad reputation, and that his answers will fix that. One of them is to make this new ship ungankable, and to support his theory he points out specifically how none of the changes (Concord now untankable, responds faster, doesn't pay out insurance, tripling the EHP of the most ganked ships) have actually done anything because of reasons.

You should accept Valterra Craven on his word alone.
Kruk Rollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1282 - 2014-11-15 11:51:23 UTC
Super idea.

Could only be more dangerous concept to add to game if you added high slots:
defense missiles dedicated and utility slots for cloak or logi transfer arrays.

Then I guarantee you that you would see these filled with T2 and T3 trying to transverse null -- and bumping into stuff that decloaked them. ROFLMAO
Dwissi
Miners Delight Reborn
#1283 - 2014-11-15 11:58:36 UTC
Dreiden Kisada wrote:
Dwissi wrote:
Let see:

What do you mean last on topic argument? This guy's stance is that Eve has a bad reputation, and that his answers will fix that. One of them is to make this new ship ungankable, and to support his theory he points out specifically how none of the changes (Concord now untankable, responds faster, doesn't pay out insurance, tripling the EHP of the most ganked ships) have actually done anything because of reasons.

Its this kind of posting i point to - you create relations to things that are not related to each other. If i had meant a particular post i would have quoted.

Your reply to me just proves this -> 'The biggest communication problem is that people don't listen to understand. They listen to reply.'

Proud designer of glasses for geeky dovakins

Before someone complains again: grr everyone

Greed is the death of loyalty

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#1284 - 2014-11-15 13:38:37 UTC
We are trying to give benefit to vigilant at keyboard players right? how about this

Shield HP 35000
Armor HP 10000
Hull HP 20000

Same slot layout

Ore Freighter bonus 10% shield resist per level

I may have mathed bad since I'm slightly drunk and its stupidly late but then again isn't that when we all do our best work :D

looks like it would be an effective at keyboard ship with those stats with a dc2 2 invul2's and 3 field extender2's

then you can utilize a mid and 2 lows for traveling faster

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Valterra Craven
#1285 - 2014-11-15 16:50:04 UTC
Dreiden Kisada wrote:
Dwissi wrote:
Let see:

Well they definitely shouldn't accept you on your word considering that you summed up every single one of my arguments incorrectly.
Euripedies
Hot Droppin Cherry Poppers
#1286 - 2014-11-15 18:41:44 UTC
having a tank sufficient to protect the cargo inside it can be considered two ways, Light tank, but fast and agile, Heavy tank, but slow and plodding. Our new Space tug, the Bow something, is slow and plodding, but light on the tank. The cargo is fitted ships, ya, blah blah about the officer modules, no I don't want to take them off to ship my ships. We are getting the ship hauling ship to make it easier to haul ships, not to introduce another pain in the posterior mechanic. (see courier contracting ships to yourself so you can haul them yourself in the current mechanic) Beef up the tank, make it like a carrier, one million ehp. It doesn't need any weapons, its in high sec right. it just needs a defense, which would be buffer type. those who wish to gank them, and Im sure there will be, will figure out the way. But lets not make it super easy, which a paltry 400,000 ehp is, that number came from a perusal of the past 68 pages, so whatever it is, but it needs to be a million and carry three BS's, make it agile so it can align. that is all..
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1287 - 2014-11-15 18:47:51 UTC
Euripedies wrote:
having a tank sufficient to protect the cargo inside it can be considered two ways, Light tank, but fast and agile, Heavy tank, but slow and plodding. Our new Space tug, the Bow something, is slow and plodding, but light on the tank. The cargo is fitted ships, ya, blah blah about the officer modules, no I don't want to take them off to ship my ships. We are getting the ship hauling ship to make it easier to haul ships, not to introduce another pain in the posterior mechanic. (see courier contracting ships to yourself so you can haul them yourself in the current mechanic) Beef up the tank, make it like a carrier, one million ehp. It doesn't need any weapons, its in high sec right. it just needs a defense, which would be buffer type. those who wish to gank them, and Im sure there will be, will figure out the way. But lets not make it super easy, which a paltry 400,000 ehp is, that number came from a perusal of the past 68 pages, so whatever it is, but it needs to be a million and carry three BS's, make it agile so it can align. that is all..

No.
Yume Ookami
Cognitive Disonance
#1288 - 2014-11-15 18:55:42 UTC
this is just my line of thought atm

since it is more of a carrier class of ship (to move ships around in HS)
it should have the tank (my pref the raw hp) of one but not have the combat abilitys of one.
(not many KMs for that without concentrated effort.)

now if it falls more under a "carrier" of ships (neutered of combat ability).
87500/100000/112500
arch /chimi /nid

or would you classify it as a ferry class ship http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferry.
then it would be a ferry of ships and would fall more in line between a carrier and a freighter
(way to many KMs with not much more effort than killing an orca.)
but if it is along these lines i think it should have more of the hp S/A/H that is between the 2 classes of ship
Euripedies
Hot Droppin Cherry Poppers
#1289 - 2014-11-15 18:56:55 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Euripedies wrote:

No.

While your rebuttal is highly suggestive, I have to say it is also somewhat limited in scope and context.

meanwhile, whats wrong with a Bow ship having a million ehp? its a sensible thing to do to protect your valuable cargo in a safe reliable manner. Safe doesn't mean invincible, just not easy to kill.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1290 - 2014-11-15 19:02:13 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:
Alright, added quite a bit of base hp (mostly in shield, some in structure) and changed the max velocity bonus to agility. OP is updated with new numbers.

Could you run the numbers on a bulkhead fit?, I dont have any fitting tools or paper with me.

1 DCU, 2 t2 bulkhead, 3 t1 transverse, 3 t2 invuln is around 420k EHP, is that the numbers you were hoping for?

That sounds fair to me. I would still like to see the SMB marginally penalized by the bulkheads though.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Mangalang
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1291 - 2014-11-15 19:58:12 UTC
Implment a mechanic that allows the ship to carry pilots, and can discharge ships and pilots in space. That way, when the hisec gankers try to kill it, there may be a price to pay. As it is, there are no effective counters to hisec ganking other than avoiding the common gank systems.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1292 - 2014-11-15 20:18:36 UTC
Mangalang wrote:
Implment a mechanic that allows the ship to carry pilots, and can discharge ships and pilots in space. That way, when the hisec gankers try to kill it, there may be a price to pay. As it is, there are no effective counters to hisec ganking other than avoiding the common gank systems.

Or, you know... not being afk.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1293 - 2014-11-15 20:28:58 UTC
Euripedies wrote:

While your rebuttal is highly suggestive, I have to say it is also somewhat limited in scope and context.

meanwhile, whats wrong with a Bow ship having a million ehp? its a sensible thing to do to protect your valuable cargo in a safe reliable manner. Safe doesn't mean invincible, just not easy to kill.

Its utterly out of balance. These ships are not meant to transport tens of billions in near perfect safety and never will be.
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#1294 - 2014-11-15 22:56:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Veers Belvar
Querns wrote:
Oh and here we go

travel fit machariel found with a cloak and mwd found

https://zkillboard.com/kill/42170465/

You are cute :)

That was a CODE bumping mach used by gankers to trap freighters. It was killed while on duty by anti gankers trying to help the freighter escape. The anti gankers have a bounty program set up for killing these bumping machs. If you notice it is fit for bumping, and the cloak was not being used :)

We gotta get you on duty in Uedama!

Edit - also, the Goons don't seem to understand the definition of "active tank"

Feel free to mail me in game if you need details.
kelvin oriley
Caldari Deep Space Ventures
#1295 - 2014-11-15 23:11:28 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Acquisition will work the same as freighters - there will be a NPC seeded BPO (with the same distribution as the Orca), it will be a bit cheaper than a freighter BPO, the Bowhead build materials will also be similar to other Freighters but will be be a bit lower. I would expect eventual market price to be 100 or 200 mil lower than other freighters.
u.

you state that the bowhead will have similar to the freighters on the test server the bpo has been seeded with a placeholder and the component parts have had there ammounts changed but it still states that it uses capital cargo bay

now im no ccp or csm but a ship with only 4000m3 cargo bay wouldnt use capital cargo bays but with its 1.3mill m3 ship maintenance bay by my reasoning would use capital ship maintenance bay

is the bpo corret or has it just not been changed from the placeholder if so what els you changing like skills etc

kelvin ceo
zero kelvin
Yume Ookami
Cognitive Disonance
#1296 - 2014-11-15 23:19:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Yume Ookami
kelvin oriley wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:
Acquisition will work the same as freighters - there will be a NPC seeded BPO (with the same distribution as the Orca), it will be a bit cheaper than a freighter BPO, the Bowhead build materials will also be similar to other Freighters but will be be a bit lower. I would expect eventual market price to be 100 or 200 mil lower than other freighters.
u.

you state that the bowhead will have similar to the freighters on the test server the bpo has been seeded with a placeholder and the component parts have had there ammounts changed but it still states that it uses capital cargo bay

now im no ccp or csm but a ship with only 4000m3 cargo bay wouldnt use capital cargo bays but with its 1.3mill m3 ship maintenance bay by my reasoning would use capital ship maintenance bay

is the bpo corret or has it just not been changed from the placeholder if so what els you changing like skills etc

kelvin ceo
zero kelvin

i would assume that the updated info will not be available untill close to release due to ccp not wanting people to get a jump on building them like they have in the past.

edit: CCP feel free to correct me on this if you would like
kelvin oriley
Caldari Deep Space Ventures
#1297 - 2014-11-15 23:55:00 UTC

i would assume that the updated info will not be available untill close to release due to ccp not wanting people to get a jump on building them like they have in the past.

edit: CCP feel free to correct me on this if you would like[/quote]

nothing wrong with getting ahead of the mases sisi is open to all if they dnt want to log in and look thats there loss
Yume Ookami
Cognitive Disonance
#1298 - 2014-11-16 00:04:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Yume Ookami
kelvin oriley wrote:

Yume Ookami wrote:

edit: CCP feel free to correct me on this if you would like

nothing wrong with getting ahead of the mases sisi is open to all if they dnt want to log in and look thats there loss

i never said that i did not want to get a start on it just that CCP is holding back some of the info.
and i am aware of sis and visit regularly.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1299 - 2014-11-16 01:13:58 UTC
I feel bad for ORE. all the ships they build get owned. you'd think they'd start putting an emphasis on tank.
Commissar Kate
Kesukka
#1300 - 2014-11-16 01:16:16 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
I feel bad for ORE. all the ships they build get owned. you'd think they'd start putting an emphasis on tank.

People who fly ore ships don't usually fit a tank anyway so I don't see the problem here.