These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Incarna 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Author
Xython
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2011-09-13 01:50:23 UTC
Iam Widdershins wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
Dont forget the cargo window had some glue applied to it to hold it open

I thought it'd be more like those surgical springs they stick in your eyeballs to prop your lids open for eye surgery.

Do you know if those are commercially available? It might make doing Sanctums and Havens more palatable.
Grainsalt
Independent'R'Us
#22 - 2011-09-13 01:51:38 UTC
Alice Katsuko wrote:
The patch may also contain changes that have no discernible effect on the user experience. Or it may contain assets which will be used by future expansions. Or maybe someone added an extra 0 when typing up the patch notes. Either way, 100MB isn't much even on a dialup connection. Unless you live in Siberia and have an ultra-low bandwidth super-high latency satellite connection or something, in which case you can't meaningfully play EVE anyway and probably have bigger worries, like being eaten by bears. Big black Russian bears, with bees in their mouths, and when the bears roar the bees come out and swarm all over you and coat you in delicious honey. Shocked

Anyways, it's a patch, which fixes some problems, and is therefore probably welcomed by most sane players. Probably the Establishments update will be a few hundred megabytes in size.

Big smile
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2011-09-13 02:03:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
I ALMOST HAD IT.
THE STATION WAS MINE AND I WAS JUST ABOUT READY TO LIGHT A CYNO A JUMP IT OUT....

CCP YOUR A KILL JOY !!!!!!

"The corporation member list, when viewed with director roles, will now display blank ship info for docked characters instead of reporting them as flying the station they are currently docked in."
Iam Widdershins
Victory or Whatever
#24 - 2011-09-13 02:59:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Iam Widdershins
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
If you think 100 megs is big, in this day and age, flying spaghetti monster help you.

102MB in and of itself is tiny. But for a game patch that doesn't ostensibly include any notable assets, that's pretty big. As we all know normally these little things have been like 12 megs.

And yeah, probably clothing. Who knows, someone's bound to dig through the .blue files and see what's new in there.

Simetraz wrote:
I ALMOST HAD IT.
THE STATION WAS MINE AND I WAS JUST ABOUT READY TO LIGHT A CYNO A JUMP IT OUT....

CCP YOUR A KILL JOY !!!!!!

"The corporation member list, when viewed with director roles, will now display blank ship info for docked characters instead of reporting them as flying the station they are currently docked in."

Yeah, that fix is... fine, I guess.

Seems like they could've fixed the problem with contact online status with only a little bit more effort though.

Grainsalt wrote:
Alice Katsuko wrote:
The patch may also contain changes that have no discernible effect on the user experience. Or it may contain assets which will be used by future expansions. Or maybe someone added an extra 0 when typing up the patch notes. Either way, 100MB isn't much even on a dialup connection. Unless you live in Siberia and have an ultra-low bandwidth super-high latency satellite connection or something, in which case you can't meaningfully play EVE anyway and probably have bigger worries, like being eaten by bears. Big black Russian bears, with bees in their mouths, and when the bears roar the bees come out and swarm all over you and coat you in delicious honey. Shocked

Anyways, it's a patch, which fixes some problems, and is therefore probably welcomed by most sane players. Probably the Establishments update will be a few hundred megabytes in size.

Big smile

More like a few thousand.

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

Mehrdad Kor-Azor
Doomheim
#25 - 2011-09-13 03:02:51 UTC
Iam Widdershins wrote:

Seems like they could've fixed the problem with contact online status with only a little bit more effort though.

Or even fixed the lost functionality that renders you incapable of withdrawing applications...

Palovana
Inner Fire Inc.
#26 - 2011-09-13 03:22:51 UTC
This patch contains CarbonIO on the client side which probably accounts for some of its bulk.
Iam Widdershins
Victory or Whatever
#27 - 2011-09-13 03:36:18 UTC
Palovana wrote:
This patch contains CarbonIO on the client side which probably accounts for some of its bulk.

Good catch, if it's true. That could do it.

Metalcali
#28 - 2011-09-13 03:54:31 UTC
"Agents have been informed of this error and will now only giving the warning if the ship's cargo hold is really not sufficient."
At least CCP is communicating with their agents. We're now one step closer to communicating with the players Big smile
Tyrnaeg en Varche
#29 - 2011-09-13 04:00:44 UTC
seems strange that people whine even for fixes and patches.

Can they enjoy any aspect of the game? Like grumpy old men, watching pigeons fly and being frustrated on the direction the birds are going. Grrrrrumph
Iam Widdershins
Victory or Whatever
#30 - 2011-09-13 04:02:12 UTC
Tyrnaeg en Varche wrote:

Can they enjoy any aspect of the game? Like grumpy old men, watching pigeons fly and being frustrated on the direction the birds are going. Grrrrrumph

Grrumph. Lookit them pigeons. Bad omens, I tell ye. Storm's a-comin'...yyerp. *cough cough*

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2011-09-13 04:17:57 UTC
Denidil wrote:
Baralosus wrote:
An awfully large patch for such a short list of fixes.
sometimes art assets are snuck into patches early to reduce the size of a later patch. standard practice at most MMO companies.

CCP engages in standard practices?
Xander Riggs
Federal Navy Historical Society
#32 - 2011-09-13 04:24:36 UTC
I DON'T LIKE WHEN THINGS DO STUFF.

"A man with a drone-boat has nothing but time on his hands."

Barricade Dark
#33 - 2011-09-13 07:14:04 UTC
It must really suck to be a CCP employee. You work all day and at the end of it you get to read about how ****** everyone thinks your doing on your own forums. Feel sorry for them.
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2011-09-13 08:25:36 UTC
Barricade Dark wrote:
It must really suck to be a CCP employee. You work all day and at the end of it you get to read about how ****** everyone thinks your doing on your own forums. Feel sorry for them.

I am sure they don't mind.

If they did, we'd probably get a few threads now and then saying 'OMGGGGG CCP STOLE MY STUFFZ!!!!1!!11ONE!!ELEVEN!!SHIFTONEELEVEN!! RARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!1

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

cyllan anassan
DEUS EX 1
#35 - 2011-09-13 08:58:31 UTC
Apollo Gabriel wrote:
OP,

CCP is FIXING errors and BUGS, please don't discourage them.

AG

yeah take your time..........

we can always jump clone ourselves if our clone gets too old........
Aramatheia
Tiffany and Co.
#36 - 2011-09-13 09:42:31 UTC
Henry Haphorn wrote:
Iam Widdershins wrote:
Tonight's patch, a whopping 102 megabytes for a minor version

1. This is the frakking 21st Century, since when has 102megabytes ever been a whopper?

2. Looks like CCP is trying to sneak in a few features. Who knows?

unfortunately for us australians not everyone is blessed with decent internet speed. I pay for adsl2+ for a whopping 3mb connection when its running properly. Some newer locations in the cities cannot even connect to broadband of any type. So to the modern world 102mb is a drink break, it can be hours for others. And when the next elections come around and the current pm is booted, we can be garanteed that thats how it will remain... hooray for backwardsness
Dezzereth
Two Swords Guild
#37 - 2011-09-13 09:43:33 UTC
Tyrnaeg en Varche wrote:

Considering CCP's track record with patching the game, I'd say it's more like pre-emptive critisism.
Kristina Vanszar
MONOCLEGEDDON
#38 - 2011-09-13 09:46:26 UTC
Henry Haphorn wrote:
Iam Widdershins wrote:

1. This is the frakking 21st Century, since when has 102megabytes ever been a whopper?

Me thinks NEX² iis comming!, tripple prices for everyone, who wants 3000 $ jeans!?
Onictus
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.
#39 - 2011-09-13 09:52:40 UTC
Aramatheia wrote:
Henry Haphorn wrote:
Iam Widdershins wrote:

unfortunately for us australians not everyone is blessed with decent internet speed. I pay for adsl2+ for a whopping 3mb connection when its running properly. Some newer locations in the cities cannot even connect to broadband of any type. So to the modern world 102mb is a drink break, it can be hours for others. And when the next elections come around and the current pm is booted, we can be garanteed that thats how it will remain... hooray for backwardsness

Drink break? I have a 30mb connection, if the patch server can dish it out I won't make it to the fridge.
beeker1
Maze of Galious
#40 - 2011-09-13 11:41:30 UTC
patch contains the first 15 minutes of Debby Does Dallas. Thats why its 100mb