These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Gingerbread Spaceship

Author
Ragnar STS
Arcane Odyssey
Electus Matari
#1 - 2011-12-15 02:52:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Ragnar STS
I made a lot of gingerbread this weekend. I cut it in funny shapes. I used it to build a Tempest.

I know, it seems more difficult than most would choose for their first gingerbread spaceship. Coming to mind at this time, I think I'd rather have started with a hurricane or a dramiel. Some of the bits were a bit puffy.

Also, you know how you sometimes have nightmares about new jobs or big projects? My wife had bad dreams about gingerbread spaceships all night on Saturday. Apparently several times it broke and crumbled, one time it liquefied and got all sticky between her toes. I really think it is funny my gingerbread spaceship gave my wife bad dreams.

I am certainly no ace of cakes, or cake boss. The only real straight or flat pieces involved some careful work with a cheese grater. Next time, I'd find some way to make a nice shade of brown frosting, and use more red and turn it into a Vargur.

You would note that Minmatar engineers have a special knack for making large pieces of metal seemingly float and stay together with very little connective bits in between. My creation needed to take some pretty good liberties with placement of booms, entire ship halves, and engine placement. I also forgot to buy baby pretzel bits for guns...but you still get the idea.

Link seems to work better when you open a new tab from ingame browser...or a real browser.

http://www.ushrakhan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3907
Apollo Gabriel
Mercatoris
#2 - 2011-12-15 02:54:10 UTC
Nice, looks sturdier than the real thing!
Always ... Never ... Forget to check your references.   Peace out Zulu! Hope you land well!
mkint
#3 - 2011-12-15 02:54:31 UTC
Quote:
The requested topic does not exist.

Not gonna turn off noscript to see if it was hidden behind a script, but I was hoping to see pics. :(

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Nikola Aivoras
Mercantilist Corporation of New Eden
#4 - 2011-12-15 02:56:09 UTC
mkint wrote:
Quote:

Not gonna turn off noscript to see if it was hidden behind a script, but I was hoping to see pics. :(

I had to open it in a new tab for it to work.
mkint
#5 - 2011-12-15 02:58:32 UTC  |  Edited by: mkint
Nikola Aivoras wrote:
mkint wrote:
Quote:

I had to open it in a new tab for it to work.

ah, link opens with an "amp" instead of an & in the URL

edit: re the picture, I'd fly it. I'd fly it's brains out.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

First Lieutenant Dan
Doomheim
#6 - 2011-12-15 02:59:29 UTC  |  Edited by: First Lieutenant Dan
Since I have found the topic does not exist, you really should make an animal cracker version of an apocalypse. I would make a movie of animal cracker apoc hunting animal cracker zebras on my table. That would be awesome. MAKE IT NOW. PLZ.

Edit: Saw Cake. Want Cracker...
Ragnar STS
Arcane Odyssey
Electus Matari
#7 - 2011-12-15 03:16:53 UTC
Works just fine with in game browser...logged out and everything. Pics are there. :)
Micia
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2011-12-15 05:26:50 UTC
Oh, Gingerbread Tempest - Snipe me with deliciousness Bear

Frontier: Prelude To Darkness - An animated scifi web-series, featuring me! Watch it :) ...and coming soon, play Wing Commander Saga: Darkest Dawn. Also, with me. :)

DeBingJos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2011-12-15 07:34:15 UTC
Apollo Gabriel wrote:
Nice, looks sturdier than the real thing!

Big smile ^ this

Ungi maðurinn þekkir reglurnar, en gamli maðurinn þekkir undantekningarnar. The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.

Opertone
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2011-12-15 08:58:35 UTC
the Cake is a Tempest!

This post sums up why the 'best' work with DCM inc.

WARP DRIVE makes eve boring

really - add warping align time 300% on gun aggression and eve becomes great again

DarkAegix
Acetech Systems
#11 - 2011-12-15 09:01:18 UTC
Copy and paste the link into your address bar.
The forums like to screw up links sometimes.
Shalia Ripper
#12 - 2011-12-15 11:36:10 UTC
Your creation looks delicious.

Sig blah blah blah blah

Freezehunter
#13 - 2011-12-15 11:39:36 UTC
Awesome work, OP!

Liked!

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Leowina Dibella
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2011-12-15 11:43:53 UTC
I can't get the link to work either! And I was so looking forward to see your gingerbread. This debacle made me cry. :(
Alara IonStorm
#15 - 2011-12-15 11:44:29 UTC
I am already imagining eating that.

Fill my Cap Booster with milk, duel web myself to the table and Nos that thing down into my stomach. Then off to do some reps to keep my figure.

Active Tanked is the only way to eat a cookie Tempest.
Shalia Ripper
#16 - 2011-12-15 11:48:31 UTC
Leowina Dibella wrote:
I can't get the link to work either! And I was so looking forward to see your gingerbread. This debacle made me cry. :(

Right click and open as new tab. You are using a tabbed browser, preferably Firefox, right? If not, slam head into desk, download Firefox and THEN right click and open as new tab.

Sig blah blah blah blah

Arcathra
Technodyne Ltd.
#17 - 2011-12-15 11:54:55 UTC
Good work Big smile!

*gets hungry*
Leowina Dibella
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2011-12-15 11:58:40 UTC
Shalia Ripper wrote:
Leowina Dibella wrote:

Right click and open as new tab. You are using a tabbed browser, preferably Firefox, right? If not, slam head into desk, download Firefox and THEN right click and open as new tab.

Thanks! That worked. I swear by Firefox since three or four years back.

It really looks tasty and marvellous too. The gingerbread.
N2cSprayARN
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2011-12-15 13:56:34 UTC
Internet spaceships are rarely this tasty.

I approve

Time is cheap, fully fitted internet spaceships are not.

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#20 - 2011-12-15 14:01:26 UTC
Nice work!

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

12Next page