These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why I don't go to lowsec.

First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#281 - 2014-11-13 02:27:12 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Would also like more danger in sov null, which is far too safe.....and needs nerfed rewards as a result.

People like you should pray that CCP never does rebalance this game based on risk vs reward. Because if they do, there will be no income above 20mil/hr left in highsec when they're done.

Fine with that - Dekklein would max out at 5 mil....would wipe out sov null - everyone back to highsec.

Nope.

Nullsec is only safe, in any way, as a result of player action.

Meanwhile the only risk that exists in highsec is a result of player action.

So like I said, if CCP ever does rebalance based on risk vs reward, highsec will finally be choked out like it deserves.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#282 - 2014-11-13 02:33:57 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Would also like more danger in sov null, which is far too safe.....and needs nerfed rewards as a result.

People like you should pray that CCP never does rebalance this game based on risk vs reward. Because if they do, there will be no income above 20mil/hr left in highsec when they're done.

Fine with that - Dekklein would max out at 5 mil....would wipe out sov null - everyone back to highsec.

Nope.

So like I said, if CCP ever does rebalance based on risk vs reward, highsec will finally be choked out like it deserves.

Irrelevant - risk is risk and reward is reward. I would love a rebalance. Highsec is much riskier than sov null and deserves higher rewards.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#283 - 2014-11-13 02:36:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
Veers Belvar wrote:

Irrelevant - risk is risk and reward is reward. I would love a rebalance. Highsec is much riskier than sov null and deserves higher rewards.

Highsec is far, far less risky according to CCP's own numbers. Destruction of ships is an order of magnitude higher in low and especially null. The only places in highsec that even make blips on the destruction map at all are the trade hubs and the chokepoints.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#284 - 2014-11-13 03:03:33 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Cancel Align NOW wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

It would make more sense to design the game so that everyone can get maximum enjoyment out of it.

That is not possible, nor is it goal worthy. Nothing in the existence of humanity has pleased everyone - let alone given everyone maximum enjoyment.

When you have a game whose popularity is entirely due to catering to a specific niche, throwing away that niche for "everyone" is a good way to make sure that no one enjoys it.

I for one question why his enjoyment of the game is so dependent on the removal of everything the game design actually stands for. Why not just play a different game?

Because some people are just plugged in wrong.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#285 - 2014-11-13 03:13:08 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

Nope.

As per usual, no interest in the betterment of the game as a whole, just looking out for your own interests. It's literally no surprise to me, Veers, that you don't give one half a **** about anyone else's experience in this game but your own.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#286 - 2014-11-13 03:15:47 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

As per usual, no interest in the betterment of the game as a whole, just looking out for your own interests. It's literally no surprise to me, Veers, that you don't give one half a **** about anyone else's experience in this game but your own.

Try to think before you post. Given that risk/reward is an important metric, it makes no sense for sov null to be so lucrative given the lack of risk. The appropriate response is a major, major nerf.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#287 - 2014-11-13 03:24:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Veers Belvar wrote:
Try to think before you post. Given that risk/reward is an important metric, it makes no sense for sov null to be so lucrative given the lack of risk. The appropriate response is a major, major nerf.

That those in sov null choose to manage the risk a certain way doesn't mean there is a lack of risk.

That the risk has to be managed at all through coalitions and standings is a demonstration that the risk exists, not that sov null lacks risk.

Those same approaches are needed to a lesser extent in lowsec and not at all in highsec.

If nerfing is decided on the basis of risk, sov null would be the last place to be nerfed (NPC null to a lesser extent).
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#288 - 2014-11-13 03:24:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Veers Belvar wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Try to think at all, Beers, before you accuse anyone of not doing so. I know the risk of null sec, low sec, high sec, and wormhole. I've operated in a PVP capacity in ALL of them. You clearly lack the experience required to come to any conclusions about risk vs reward in areas of space you wouldn't survive alone in for more than about ten seconds.

Tell me, Beers, if the risk of nul is so much lower than high, why are you still in high?

No, my assessment of you is accurate, allow me to reiterate. It's literally no surprise to me, Veers, that you don't give one half a **** about anyone else's experience in this game but your own.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#289 - 2014-11-13 03:30:26 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Try to think at all, Beers, before you accuse anyone of not doing so. I know the risk of null sec, low sec, high sec, and wormhole. I've operated in a PVP capacity in ALL of them. You clearly lack the experience required to come to any conclusions about risk vs reward in areas of space you wouldn't survive alone in for more than about ten seconds.

Tell me, Beers, if the risk of nul is so much lower than high, why are you still in high?

No, my assessment of you is accurate, allow me to reiterate. It's literally no surprise to me, Veers, that you don't give one half a **** about anyone else's experience in this game but your own.

Sov null is the safest space in the game for PvE players. See many AFK ratters in high? People AFK carrier rat with no CONCORD.

I'm not in null because I don't want to deal with the dysfunctional people running nullsec coalitions. I'm much happier with the "carebears" in high. Nothing to do with risk/reward - which is much better in sov null.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#290 - 2014-11-13 03:33:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Veers Belvar wrote:

Sov null is the safest space in the game for PvE players.

I'm not in null because I don't want to deal with the dysfunctional people running nullsec coalitions. I'm much happier with the "carebears" in high. Nothing to do with risk/reward - which is much better in sov null.

Let's say I believe your excuse, which I have no reason to and therefore don't believe you at all, your assertion is that risk is too low in sov nul, so new question.

Have you even spent enough time there to make an accurate assessment of that? Judging by your killboard, no, you have not, but I'll let you post your new excuse below and try to save face.

For the record, I know some of the 'dysfunctional' people running null and lowsec alliances and corporations, so for your excuse to work, you're going to have to prove to us what makes them dysfunctional rather than the actual reason being that you're just afraid and antisocial yourself. Do you know what low, null, and wormhole have that highsec didn't for the longest time, before CODE came along?

Community. And as it stands, in highsec, the only real communities there are MB and BU.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#291 - 2014-11-13 03:35:12 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
See many AFK ratters in high?

You see more afk everything in highsec. Granted the belt rats aren't really worth killing, but it translates well into missioning anyway.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#292 - 2014-11-13 03:35:28 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

Let's say I believe your excuse, which I have no reason to and therefore don't believe you at all, your assertion is that risk is too low in sov nul, so new question.

Have you even spent enough time there to make an accurate assessment of that? Judging by your killboard, no, you have not, but I'll let you post your new excuse below and try to save face.

Not spent much time there...have read a lot of articles about the PvE, spoken to people, and checked out killboards. I also did research when I considered moving out there. PvE in a place like Deklein is extremely safe. As is PvE in the farmville renterlands in the east. These people pile up isk with minimal risk - and that shows a fundamentally broken risk/reward system.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#293 - 2014-11-13 03:36:08 UTC
So yeah, any of you guys see any afk hauling in low and null?

Best Meltdown Ever.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#294 - 2014-11-13 03:37:09 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

Not spent much time there...have read a lot of articles about the PvE,

And I've read a lot of articles about astrophysics but that doesn't mean I know where to find a new earth-like planet. You need more experience before I believe your bullshit.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#295 - 2014-11-13 03:38:22 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
These people pile up isk with minimal risk - and that shows a fundamentally broken risk/reward system.

I can say exactly the same thing about incursions in highsec. Except that unlike your statement, it would be true.

Incursions should be removed from highsec entirely.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#296 - 2014-11-13 03:39:14 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
These people pile up isk with minimal risk - and that shows a fundamentally broken risk/reward system.

I can say exactly the same thing about incursions in highsec. Except that unlike your statement, it would be true.

belts and asteroids should be removed from sov null entirely.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#297 - 2014-11-13 03:40:23 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

No they shouldn't. Sov null does not have CONCORD, or cyno restrictions.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#298 - 2014-11-13 03:40:30 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:

I seem to remember a certain someone bragging about how much isk they'd piled up with minimal risk in highsec once...

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#299 - 2014-11-13 03:42:39 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

I seem to remember a certain someone bragging about how much isk they'd piled up with minimal risk in highsec once...

At significant risk of course - from rats and from gankers, and never AFK. That's the difference between me and Goons, etc... I make my isk with real effort, and at significant risk.
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#300 - 2014-11-13 03:43:32 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

No they shouldn't. Sov null does not have CONCORD, or cyno restrictions.

It's far too easy and safe to AFK rat and AFK mine...given risk/reward we should force everyone out of there. Highsec is a lot more dangerous for PvE.