These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

WA------! Site On--- --ed!

Author
Liam Antolliere
Liberty Vanguard
#21 - 2014-11-12 18:19:14 UTC
I have updated my original attempt to reconstruct the message. Most of it is inference based on context and general syntax recognition.

I should note for the record that I cannot be certain of any of it being accurate, it is simply what I am able to piece together. Perhaps someone will have more luck than I.

I suspect the last string is a warning against searching for him because it is too dangerous.

"Though the people may hate me, that does not relieve me of my charge."

Anslo
Scope Works
#22 - 2014-11-12 18:21:12 UTC
Liam Antolliere wrote:
I suspect the last string is a warning against searching for him because it is too dangerous.

Challenge accepted.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#23 - 2014-11-12 18:23:43 UTC
Liam Antolliere wrote:
I have updated my original attempt to reconstruct the message. Most of it is inference based on context and general syntax recognition.

I should note for the record that I cannot be certain of any of it being accurate, it is simply what I am able to piece together. Perhaps someone will have more luck than I.

I will combine your work with what Ms. Priano and I have put together already and see what I come up with.

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Andreus Ixiris
SergalJerk
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#24 - 2014-11-12 18:24:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Andreus Ixiris
Oops, nevermind, someone else beat me to it.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Shaera Taam
Khanid Prime Free Irregulars
#25 - 2014-11-12 18:26:02 UTC
Hilen Tukoss wrote:

>> ROUTER CONTACT ESTABLISHED - TRANSPONDER ID HASH  [b]30003453-50008995-50006664[/b]
>> LAYER 44602117/FF

Hilen Tukoss wrote:

TRANSPONDER ID HASH - [b]30003412-30003453[/b] / LAYER 44602117/FF DISCONNECT

Bold above, my emphasis. The router transponders above correspond to the following:
30003453 Sun Orduin - Star
30003412 Sun Elgoi - Star

Perhaps an in-depth look at these systems would be in order? Even if the numbers are a random match and I am looking too hard in the wrong direction...

The 5000nnnn's are obviously not on any database I have access to.

Thus Spake the Frigate Goddess!

Liam Antolliere
Liberty Vanguard
#26 - 2014-11-12 18:27:17 UTC
Morwen Lagann wrote:

I will combine your work with what Ms. Priano and I have put together already and see what I come up with.

Thank you and good luck.

Andreus Ixiris
SergalJerk
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#27 - 2014-11-12 18:31:47 UTC
Shaera Taam wrote:

Those are both systems in Metropolis, so it might be worth asking local capsuleers if they've seen anything weird lately.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#28 - 2014-11-12 18:32:43 UTC
Shaera Taam wrote:

Bold above, my emphasis. The router transponders above correspond to the following:

Perhaps an in-depth look at these systems would be in order? Even if the numbers are a random match and I am looking too hard in the wrong direction...

Hmm. Dispatching my associate to check those systems. I suspect, though, that the systems were simply those near to Eram, and that Tukoss wasn't able to as precisely select his target as he'd like.

More information to come.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Mark726
Project Compass Holdings
#29 - 2014-11-12 18:35:26 UTC
Shaera Taam wrote:
Hilen Tukoss wrote:

>> ROUTER CONTACT ESTABLISHED - TRANSPONDER ID HASH  [b]30003453-50008995-50006664[/b]
>> LAYER 44602117/FF

Hilen Tukoss wrote:

TRANSPONDER ID HASH - [b]30003412-30003453[/b] / LAYER 44602117/FF DISCONNECT

I'll pause my analysis here to note that Elgoi and Orduin are, respectively, 1 and 2 jumps out from Eram. Unfortunately, I don't have full access to the starmaps to check on a hunch I have on this subject.
Makoto Priano
#30 - 2014-11-12 18:38:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Makoto Priano
Hm. Orduin has nothing of note in the system, at least on a cursory search. Elgoi has a K162 wormhole leading to J140722. First glance seems to indicate that it is unoccupied. I'll investigate further.

Mark726 wrote:

I'll pause my analysis here to note that Elgoi and Orduin are, respectively, 1 and 2 jumps out from Eram. Unfortunately, I don't have full access to the starmaps to check on a hunch I have on this subject.

Is this hunch that the two systems are on a line from the coordinates given to Eram?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Anslo
Scope Works
#31 - 2014-11-12 18:40:30 UTC
Wait for my guys Makoto. Or fleet with them or something. No need to go it alone.

Cap'n Schmitty
#32 - 2014-11-12 18:40:36 UTC
The Elgoi-Orduin gates are also the only exit from the dead-end constellation in which Orduin is contained, if that helps any. Perhaps those gates, or hell, even that whole constellation, ought to be looked into more closely.
Makoto Priano
#33 - 2014-11-12 18:46:41 UTC
No worries, Anslo. The associate I sent is one I trust when it comes to exploratory matters, suffice it to say.

Anslo
Scope Works
#34 - 2014-11-12 18:47:14 UTC
Pay attention to the Jsig number. That's stupid important.

Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#35 - 2014-11-12 18:48:45 UTC
Good thinking, Mark.

Here is what Ms. Priano and I have put together so far, with a few notes:
Quote:
Th(is is the first transm)ission I hav(e been able to ma)ke in so(me time. Thi)s is Dr Hil(len Tuk)oss, broa(dcasting on lo)w band eme(rgen)cy FTL – I’m uns(ure of t)he exact fr(equen)cy.

Site On(e is compromi)sed. All sta(ff inv)olved wi(th the Are)k’Jal(aan Pr)oject sho(uld cons)ider it inse(cure an)d should aba(ndon an)y equi(pment the)rein, cons(ider it cont)amin(ated).

(Disre)gard the pre(viou)s commun(ication)s from wh(at ap)pears to be m(y) NeoC(om. The)ir inte(nt )is misdir(ection o)n the p(art of tho)se who ha(ve me res)trained. DT coope(rated wit)h the(m in )all c(ases.)

I ha(ve attem)pted to ma(ke conta)ct (with Eifyr & C(o to no av)ail, in or(der to re)lay det(ails of m)y situa(tion). It is my la(st hop)e tha(t this t)ransmissi(on will b)e pick(ed up by t)he FTL networ(k and broa)dcast t(o the perti)nent pl(aces?).

I am cu(rrently held aga)inst my wi(ll, my cap)tors are unkno(wn but from t)he few det(ails of my s)urrou(ndings I hav)e bee(n able to asc)ertain, I am bei(ng he)ld somewh(ere in Anoi)kis. The ava(ilable d)ata tha(t I could ga)ther wo(uld sugg)est some(where in clos)e pro(ximity to a Wolf-Ray)et, given luminos(ity an)d gravity signatures.

It is impe(rative t)he cap(suleer ta)skforce dedica(ted to Arek'Ja)laan contin(ue the)ir work i(n my abs)ence. With(out my pre)sence, t(he pro)ject mus(t conti)nue to adva(nce with re)cent (inform)ation (--- - -) received.

I beli(eve my cap)tors to be (----- - - - --)s, fear(ful of the e)vent (now t)ranspiring, and (are in a st)ate of (pa)nic.

I emp(lore [sic] you) all to continue to further the (aims of the Are)k’Jalaan proj(ect and to con)tinue to wo(rk on a so)lution. (The f)ate of the (pro)ject (is now) in yo(ur ha)nds, and (if the)re is any (chance of communication/my escape?) in future, I (shal/wil)l endea(vour to d)o so.

D(--- - - - -- - )rch (--- - - )m (--- - -- - )anger I( - - - - -------- - - -)o gr(-- -- -- --- )

In the interest of preserving the integrity of the original message, I have kept a few different fill-ins that Ms. Priano and I arrived at rather than using Mssr. Antolliere's, such as in the first and third paragraphs. In the case of the latter, I do not think our translation is necessarily correct, but it is the best we could come up with while preserving the integrity of the original message. I do, however, believe that the general thrust of Mssr. Antolliere's version is more likely to be correct, even though the precise wording used by Dr. Tukoss (or whomever this is) escapes me at the moment.

I have also obviously not cleaned the message up entirely, leaving in parentheses to show where missing data has been filled in.

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Makoto Priano
#36 - 2014-11-12 18:49:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Makoto Priano
What's the phrase? 'Not my first time to the rodeo?' What is a rodeo, anyway?

In any case, Jsig posted above. Galnet references indicate high-security and class one statics. Directional scans inside the wormhole indicate one active tower and one dead tower, with an excess of signatures and anomalies inside the hole. It's a quiet class two, basically, without the Wolf-Rayet we suspect indicates Tukoss's current location. (edit) Morwen Lagann has posted our best guess above. I'd also like to thank her for including me in her work. While I was busy doing a crash course on encryption methods to try to find a simple way to convert Tukoss's message, Morwen Lagann was doing the sensible thing and thinking about it.

Anslo
Scope Works
#37 - 2014-11-12 18:51:15 UTC
Jeesh excuse me for being worried about you.

Makoto Priano
#38 - 2014-11-12 18:54:25 UTC
Worrying about functional immortals? Well, I'll take it as a compliment, even if I'm baffled.

But let's focus on the work at hand.

Anslo
Scope Works
#39 - 2014-11-12 18:57:57 UTC
Well when you have the guy talking about contamination and then have those broadcasts in higher class wormholes about sites being contaminated you tend to worry about everything.

Liam Antolliere
Liberty Vanguard
#40 - 2014-11-12 19:02:17 UTC
Excellent work Mademoiselles Lagaan and Priano.

You put together a bit more of the message than I was able to, but it looks like we're all on the same page regarding the nature and intent of the message. At this point, I will withdraw from the conversation and leave it in your capable hands. If I can be of further assistance, don't hesitate to contact me.

~Msr. L.J. Antolliere