These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Video] The Battle of Arzi

Author
Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#1 - 2014-11-12 11:14:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
EDITED WITH NEW LINK TO CLEANED UP VIDEO!

Northern Coalition BLOPS with triage vs us with a kitchen sink. You'll never guess who wins.

Battle report is in the description. This video still doesn't have all the footage we obtained, just mine so far, but I've cleaned up the audio and fixed some text. When I get hold of the rest of the footage from the other pilots who frapsed, who are all quite busy and taking their time, I'll be producing an extended cut.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#2 - 2014-11-12 14:42:57 UTC
cool video dude, had to turn the sound off as the volume levels kept changing but that aside good stuff.
Remiel Pollard
#3 - 2014-11-12 14:53:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
cool video dude, had to turn the sound off as the volume levels kept changing but that aside good stuff.

I did that on purpose, the music dips so that coms can be heard, but I muffled certain things being said on purpose so you can only hear that someone is speaking, not what they're actually saying. But yes, I do need to clean it up a little, and that will be done for the final extended cut when I get the rest of the footage from other participants.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-11-12 15:47:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Some Rando

Have to agree with this, changing the volume is jarring and ruins any desire to have the audio on. Pick a good level for the music to begin with.

Otherwise a really good start. Congrats on the victory, that looked like a fun fight.

CCP has no sense of humour.

Remiel Pollard
#5 - 2014-11-12 15:53:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Some Rando wrote:

Have to agree with this, changing the volume is jarring and ruins any desire to have the audio on. Pick a good level for the music to begin with.

Otherwise a really good start. Congrats on the victory, that looked like a fun fight.

It was incredible. I was in a Bellicose for most of it, providing target painting for Ishtar sentries. I forgot to fraps probably the first five minutes or so. Anyway, once I started taking massive hits I decided to try to get out, and managed to escape and refit to a cruise missile 'Phoon. When I landed, one of our guys had jumped a Thanny in and the blops had microjumped over to it, so I used him as a warp in for my 80km missile range. A few seconds after I landed, all the blops warped out and we were clear to kill the Nid, as their Thanny was already dead. After the Nid died, their tower came crashing down as well. It was a glorious battle for both sides.

Probably less than an hour earlier, I fought one of their interceptor pilots in a Raptor of my own, Raptor vs Crow. It was a very close fight but I won with 79% structure left. They've given us some great content in Khanid lately, and they've been pretty good sports about it for the most part too. I kinda like having them around trying to blops us left right and center and failing miserably all the time.

FunGu Arsten
B52 Bombers
#6 - 2014-11-12 16:08:56 UTC
that damn audio lvl made me stop watchinig....

fix your music audo lvl and twiddle with the coms audio lvl, for the love of god :D
F3X5ON
Zero Fun Allowed
#7 - 2014-11-12 18:42:13 UTC
Why didn't you just jump in a dread?
That is also not a 'battle'.
Remiel Pollard
#8 - 2014-11-12 18:47:08 UTC
F3X5ON wrote:
Why didn't you just jump in a dread?
That is also not a 'battle'.

Because why would I use a dread just for the sake of using a dread when I can use target painters to assist Ishtar sentries? Capitals aren't the only ships in the game. Some of you capital guys need to learn to actually pvp.

Also, yes, it was a battle, I only have a limited amount of footage of the overall fight that took place. You weren't there, your criticism is invalid.

xp8k
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-11-13 18:12:58 UTC
Looked like a really fun fight.

great vid, besides the audio volume issue!
God's Apples
Wilderness
lllllllllllllllll
#10 - 2014-11-14 04:56:50 UTC
Can't say much for the content, but the camera work was really handy. Pretty rare to see such a pretty pvp video.

"Hydra Reloaded are just jealous / butthurt on me / us because we can get tons of PVP action in empire while they aren't good enough to get that." - NightmareX

Remiel Pollard
#11 - 2014-11-14 05:16:13 UTC
God's Apples wrote:
Can't say much for the content, but the camera work was really handy. Pretty rare to see such a pretty pvp video.

There is more content on the way but the guys who have it are really busy. If I haven't got it by tonight, I'm uploading a fixed version of what's already there.

Remiel Pollard
#12 - 2014-11-15 00:24:08 UTC
OP edited with new link for cleaned up video with fixed audio (no dipping in and out of the music) and some text fixes. Old video is being removed.