These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So who will be moving to THERA? (Jita without Concord)

First post
Author
Satoris Terona
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#61 - 2014-11-12 06:08:11 UTC
If HERO get pushed out of Catch Thera wouldn't be a bad place for them. They are big enough to hold even a very large system with multiple entry points so long as no supers ever come into play (which they won't, not there).

It wouldn't be a bad thing for the game either as most of HERO still measure their gametime in fun/hr rather than isk/hr so they are willing to fight pretty much anyone and everyone just to have gudfights.

It's an interesting possibility though I am not sure how likely it really is.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#62 - 2014-11-12 06:52:15 UTC
Ayni Naskingar wrote:
Gogela wrote:
I'm picturing something maybe 50 million AU across

u wot m8 ?
Do you even realize how big 50 million AU is? At 3AU/s warpspeed it would take like 96 days 10 hours 48 minutes 53.33 seconds to warp half the system Shocked

They said the system had unique properties. I bet one of them is warp speed. But your right... 50 million. That's a number a guy who smoked pot would come up with. What was he thinking? (Colorado rules!)

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Burl en Daire
M.O.M.S. Corp
#63 - 2014-11-12 07:12:30 UTC
Fozzie said on the o7 show that it was by far the largest system and that 9-2 system is like 204AU so I would guess it is up there around 500AU. There is a really good chance that bubbles/interdictors won't work because of some new something from the star. It also wouldn't surprise me if they added some type of effect that dampens sensors to near uselessness. They want people in the system so creating a WH that is basically a death trap doesn't make much sense. It may be the "Mos Eisley" of New Eden but it can't be so dangerous that no one enters. There will be some type of mechanic used to prevent or at least curtail combat. I am interested to see how they are going to accomplish it, I won't live there but I would enjoy jumping in every once in a while just for the fun of it.

I also think that he said there will be no WHs to other WHs only to K space. That will help out some because pilots will only be able to engage you on one side of the hole, if it is a HS. Scanning is going to be a *****, trying to scan down the entire system is going to take a while without deep space probes.

Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. Hunter S. Thompson

Cancel Align NOW
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#64 - 2014-11-12 07:21:24 UTC
Imagine if it was 600 au across and the celestials actually rotated around the sun.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#65 - 2014-11-12 07:47:39 UTC
Burl en Daire wrote:
Fozzie said on the o7 show that it was by far the largest system and that 9-2 system is like 204AU so I would guess it is up there around 500AU. There is a really good chance that bubbles/interdictors won't work because of some new something from the star. It also wouldn't surprise me if they added some type of effect that dampens sensors to near uselessness. They want people in the system so creating a WH that is basically a death trap doesn't make much sense. It may be the "Mos Eisley" of New Eden but it can't be so dangerous that no one enters. There will be some type of mechanic used to prevent or at least curtail combat. I am interested to see how they are going to accomplish it, I won't live there but I would enjoy jumping in every once in a while just for the fun of it.

I also think that he said there will be no WHs to other WHs only to K space. That will help out some because pilots will only be able to engage you on one side of the hole, if it is a HS. Scanning is going to be a *****, trying to scan down the entire system is going to take a while without deep space probes.

500 AU...

are they bringing back the deep space probes?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Burl en Daire
M.O.M.S. Corp
#66 - 2014-11-12 07:51:11 UTC
I don't know if they are but with any system that starts pushing 100 AU it is going to take a while to scan. The system I live in is just under 70 and combat probes at max range and max spread just covers it. Who knows if they'll bring them back but now is the time.

Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. Hunter S. Thompson

Cancel Align NOW
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#67 - 2014-11-12 08:08:09 UTC
Burl en Daire wrote:
I don't know if they are but with any system that starts pushing 100 AU it is going to take a while to scan. The system I live in is just under 70 and combat probes at max range and max spread just covers it. Who knows if they'll bring them back but now is the time.

A competent prober can hit specific targets in under 2 minutes upon entering a 70 au system with normal combat probes. making it 600 and not bring back deeps brings an element of luck to tracking down pvers.
Cancel Align NOW
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#68 - 2014-11-12 08:40:37 UTC
Imagine if bookmarks deteriorated over time in Thera and could spit you out 50, 100 or even 500km from your desired location.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#69 - 2014-11-12 08:46:11 UTC
I have to express my worry that I think Thera runs a serious risk of not becoming what CCP want it to be, because there'll be too much shooting and not enough trading. I'm not saying that the shooting is neccessarily a bad thing, per se, but for Thera to not just be "a place one goes to get shot" (Rancer, anybody?) there actually needs to be a fair amount of not-shooting going on to make it worthwhile. If I'm just going to get shot any time I try to enter the system, what's the point of going there to trade when I could just go to Jita and run a vastly less serious risk of getting shot?

I may be subscribing to wishful thinking here, but the ideal solution would be a coalition essentially acting as a player-based CONCORD - providing enough safety and security to make the system usable by anyone but based solely on player interaction, not NPCs.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Luwc
State War Academy
Caldari State
#70 - 2014-11-12 08:58:22 UTC
I rather stay in a proper wh :D

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2014-11-12 11:44:29 UTC
Tarpedo wrote:
Without ganking (CONCORD), scamming (local chat), cheap trade hub - it's not even close to Jita. And everything is behind EVE scanning mini-game - which I despise.

So far nothing interesting enough to move.

There is local, just not for intel purposes. So if you want to chat - it'll work.

Being as people will be coming from normal space and local channel is used, it won't be just shut down so you can expect the usual jita style local banter.
gantin Adoudel
Ars Goetia Corporation
#72 - 2014-11-12 13:19:00 UTC
but wasn't it said that there would be zero capitals? would be great profit to be had but the amount of trips back and forth would probably cause you trouble.
Leannor
State War Academy
Caldari State
#73 - 2014-11-12 13:35:02 UTC
Jvpiter wrote:

Thera could truly become the Mos Eisley of our little universe.

I may not even miss the muppets in Jita Local.

I'd parallell the whole idea more to Nimbus III myself ... including it's future. But, time will see.

"Lykouleon wrote:

STOP TOUCHING ICONIC SHIP PARTS"

Leannor
State War Academy
Caldari State
#74 - 2014-11-12 13:40:30 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
I may be subscribing to wishful thinking here, but the ideal solution would be a coalition essentially acting as a player-based CONCORD - providing enough safety and security to make the system usable by anyone but based solely on player interaction, not NPCs.

This ... 'effective' stable player based policing / protection within a particular system(s) to enable a high degree of safe travel for non-combatants (in terms of risk management, greater that 80% safety, or less than 20% chance of dying - heck, even with those odds playing out, from a business point of view it's not workable as your profit margin will be eaten up very quickly), is the 'one' thing that I've never truly seen. Most likely due to the exact nature of EVE, and it's inherant instability.

The idea is awesome though, if it could work.

"Lykouleon wrote:

STOP TOUCHING ICONIC SHIP PARTS"

Jvpiter
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#75 - 2014-11-12 13:46:40 UTC
Luwc wrote:
I rather stay in a proper wh :D

Do you mean a WH with tea and biscuits?

Sign me up.

Call me Joe.

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#76 - 2014-11-12 13:49:11 UTC
If it really has as many entrances as it sounds like, this will not be seriously camped. Imagine 6 exits and the typical gatecamper (with bubble, falcon and logistics), that's 3 guys min on each hole for 18 total that need to permanently be out there. If one camp is ambushed by a bigger force and you have to project, this gonna take you up to several minutes. So the sheer manpower to hold this would be excessive.

If you got small goods with decent value like implants, drugs or blueprints, you can get those in risk-free using a nullified T3 (since wormholes will kick you out at around 6km if you go without prop and up to 10km off if you go with oversized prop). If a ceptor sits on the hole at zero, he'll have to burn up to 12-14km to decloak you... Doesn't sound like a lot of risk.

If you got cargo-intensive stuff to get in like hulls, minerals or ammo (just to name a few), then a freighter with some DD support as the hole you're intending to use is clear doesn't sound that troublesome either. Added that with instadock bookmarks there is little that could go wrong.

If your leaving through the k-space exits to roam or run an exploration (hacking/complexes w/e) tour, I'd imagine you'd rather sell your stuff on the local market in Thera (since there is one) after returning to log, instead of once again moving it to jita. I'm quite eager to see how industry job costs will develop in there.
Heather Austrene
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#77 - 2014-11-12 14:03:07 UTC
No doubt this new corner of the sandbox will be turned into something it's creators didn't envision. But kudos to CCP for adding creative new content to Eve.
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2014-11-12 14:04:04 UTC
Fortunately for everyone, it's looking like the groups who have enough manpower to even try to lock down a system like Thera, have no interest in doing so.

Yet, anyway.
Jack dannels
State War Academy
Caldari State
#79 - 2014-11-12 14:28:14 UTC
lol goons will own it
Baneken
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#80 - 2014-11-12 14:37:53 UTC
To sum it up what has been said so far on the video by CCP Fozzie :

NPC-stations, definitely more then one station, all very far a part to discourage camping.
Mix of all sec statuses but no concord, might or might not have bubbles.
Sleepers as NPC's
Statics to k-space with random w-connections.
No capitals can be brought or built in the system.
No POS allowed in the system.
Stations will have full services with clones, refineries etc. so having a main clone in Thera might be good.
No local because of w-space
Lot's of lore related land marks and new w-space graphics.

Moving on sisi by 'move me' bot when available, also a devblog will be released in a week (?)