These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Target Painter Query

Author
george harries
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2011-12-14 23:03:14 UTC
Ok, I may be just being REALLY thick but I am scratching my head over this;

Looking at the stats for Republic Fleet Target painter vs Phased Weapon Navigation array etc etc (Meta 4)

The stats for the latter all seem better than the former.....so I am clearly missing something - unless the signature radius figures are for your own ship and not the enemy.....could someone explain to the hard of thinking here??

thanks in advance
Misanthra
Alternative Enterprises
#2 - 2011-12-14 23:17:52 UTC
it puts out an extra 2% more paint. the others are 30% for most part to sig radius boost (of target), the RF is 32%.

Personal choice if worth it to you. I have run these off and on, not that great a faction item imo. Theoretically they might be worth it on say a golem that has a TP bonus, no actual time in the boat to say for sure though.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#3 - 2011-12-14 23:19:55 UTC
The Sig bloom that the PWNAGE gives is 30%, the RF one gives 32% bloom. There's your benefit. If it's worth it or not, that depends on your cap stability, CPU, and budget.
zatazon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-12-15 04:22:02 UTC
Misanthra wrote:
it puts out an extra 2% more paint. the others are 30% for most part to sig radius boost (of target), the RF is 32%.

Personal choice if worth it to you. I have run these off and on, not that great a faction item imo. Theoretically they might be worth it on say a golem that has a TP bonus, no actual time in the boat to say for sure though.

The above post sums it up pretty well, unless you are in a Golem or just have isk to burn. The faction TP isnt worth it, I got bored and picked up 2 faction TP to run on my CNR and the increase damage was no where near worth the extra cost. I picked up approx. 150 damage per volley running 2 faction TP instead of 2 meta 4 TP and the faction cost me about 100mil more.
Spineker
#5 - 2011-12-15 05:06:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Spineker
I have ran the golem a great deal and the faction is not worth it at all. The Meta 4 is plenty enough you would be throwing your money away. The TP's simply make your target signature larger does nothing for your ship.
Caerno
Mighty Leviathan Industries
#6 - 2011-12-15 08:31:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Caerno
TP's are only worth it on the Golem (and any other ship that has TP bonus)
The RF and Domination versions are the best.

The higher the sig radius increase to start with the better the overall bonus. Along with the ship bonus dont forget the extra skills aswell.

A Domination painter on a golem will give you a bonus of 55% sig radius on the target ship. 2 painters active and your popping frigates like their BC's

http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Target_Painters
Check it out for full description.
Opertone
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-12-15 09:12:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Opertone
mxzf wrote:
The Sig bloom that the PWNAGE gives is 30%, the RF one gives 32% bloom. There's your benefit. If it's worth it or not, that depends on your cap stability, CPU, and budget.

it makes a difference on golem, it may be useful on other bonused ships in safe PVE, say incursions.

It may be marginally useful on hi end missile ships in soft-core PVE, but there is always risk of non consensual combat, you are better off with missile precision rigs and crash boosters. Crash boosters give more than 2% and do not compromise your tank. Less hassle with painter cycles too.

I fly a golem for lvl 4s, I feel uber and I fit 2 target painters. I one shot all t1 cruisers and stuff. I am big on torpedoes.

according to EFT 56.72% vs 51.56, a major 5% difference over 150 mill price barrier for Domination Painter. It is worth if you want to maximize your mission comfort and you do them like a robotic conveyor belt. Strong crash booster gives you 30% inherent bonus for 60 minutes with max skill.

Pills may be more comfort soothing, don't let Gursitas hurt you in places. Eat the pill.

This post sums up why the 'best' work with DCM inc.

WARP DRIVE makes eve boring

really - add warping align time 300% on gun aggression and eve becomes great again

george harries
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#8 - 2011-12-15 09:33:54 UTC
Thanks all, problem is I had a slight head injury a few years ago and sometimes don't 'see' some numbers correctly - hence my confusion. I use a Golem with the meta 4's so maybe when I feel I have the cash to burn I'll upgrade but the damn thing is pretty much a gank magnet as it is !!! Plus it does lvl 4's pretty quickly for my taste. Thanks again
ObieWan Kenobieie
Galactic Masonry MGZ
#9 - 2011-12-15 09:44:24 UTC
don't forget to train signature focusing which enlarges the base target painter bonus per level.

You will need Target painter to L4 to unlock the signature skill.

I personally can't be bothered to use TP'ers anymore. Too tedious overall.