These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Missioning while at work ... shhhhhh

Author
D'uce
The Stormcrows
Straight Jacket Bears
#1 - 2011-12-14 21:36:36 UTC
So last night I biffed and lost my money maker Kronos *sob & sniffle* so to try to recover some of my loss (forgot to insure it! DOH) I was planning on running some easy level 3's while at work (shhhh).

What would be a better route to go with?

1) Megathron + Drones
2) Domi + Drones
3) Hyperion + Drones

Normally I roll the Kronos or a Mega and I'm very (as) active as I can be in missioning, BUT... these are level 3's and I normally do 4's and am tanked (or so I thoght) up for level 4's, and I'll be at work and fair chance I can't pour the attention into the battle as I normally do I thought I'd ask some of the more skilled and knowledgeble folks in the world of EVE what would be the better chouice.
D'uce
The Stormcrows
Straight Jacket Bears
#2 - 2011-12-14 21:37:19 UTC
Choice not chouice*
Kilrayn
Caldari Provisions
#3 - 2011-12-14 21:41:56 UTC
Drone domi is the way to go. Cheap BS that can afk most missions. You can also fit salvs on it if you want, as you probably won't be actively targeting/switching guns.

"Music is a mysterious thing. Sometimes it makes people remember things they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember or not." - Citan Uzuki, Xenogears

D'uce
The Stormcrows
Straight Jacket Bears
#4 - 2011-12-14 21:43:48 UTC
Bare with me, I've been away for nearly a year... Salvs?

Yes trying to remember the acronym Shocked
Tamiya Sarossa
Resistance is Character Forming
#5 - 2011-12-14 22:18:34 UTC
He probably means salvagers. But not paying attention means drones, which means drone bonuses are good, which means dominix. So seconding that. Fit an overkill tank, aggro whole rooms, come back in a half hour.

D'uce
The Stormcrows
Straight Jacket Bears
#6 - 2011-12-14 22:21:40 UTC
Tamiya Sarossa wrote:
He probably means salvagers. But not paying attention means drones, which means drone bonuses are good, which means dominix. So seconding that. Fit an overkill tank, aggro whole rooms, come back in a half hour.

That's my plan ;)

Plotting a setup whilst at work infact heh. I don't think I need 6 drone control modules for the high slots though. heh.
Jack Traynor
Doomheim
#7 - 2011-12-14 22:23:42 UTC
My At-Work Eve life...

1) L4 Distro missioning with agility-fit Mammoth (as agile as a Mammoth can get) on autopilot
2) Restarting PI extractors
3) Starting/Delivering Invention & Manufacturing jobs
4) Fitting a ship for later night's play
5) posting new blueprint copies for sale in Amarr

Actual PvE missions? Too much chance of another lame secretary calling for help with a problem she created (I have issues)...
D'uce
The Stormcrows
Straight Jacket Bears
#8 - 2011-12-14 22:27:43 UTC
Jack Traynor wrote:
My At-Work Eve life...

1) L4 Distro missioning with agility-fit Mammoth (as agile as a Mammoth can get) on autopilot
2) Restarting PI extractors
3) Starting/Delivering Invention & Manufacturing jobs
4) Fitting a ship for later night's play
5) posting new blueprint copies for sale in Amarr

Actual PvE missions? Too much chance of another lame secretary calling for help with a problem she created (I have issues)...

Hah! Perk to being the boss, shut the door don't answer the phones. :D
D'uce
The Stormcrows
Straight Jacket Bears
#9 - 2011-12-14 23:28:22 UTC
Well I would post what I'm thinking for a setup but it keeps telling me that my post contains HTML... can't see where O_o
1-Up Mushroom
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2011-12-15 00:50:51 UTC
You can use this if you want/need minimal attention the to screen, lotsa tank and needs almost no attention besides warping into room and approaching acc gates.

[Dominix, New Setup 1]
Large Armor Repairer II
Large Armor Repairer II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Armor Thermic Hardener II
Damage Control II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Ogre II x10
Ogre II x5

Now if you don't need that much tank you can drop the DC and a cap recharger or two for some drone speed mods, or if you can pay attention a little more you can start using sentrys to somewhat afk a little faster
5 Senses In A Person... 4 Seasons In A Year... 3 Colors In A Stoplight... 2 Poles On The Earth... ONLY 1-UP MUSHROOM!!!  If You Like My Sig, Like Me!   Remember EVE is EVErything!