These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

CCP ISboxing out of control

First post
Author
Red Teufel
Calamitous-Intent
Feign Disorder
#1 - 2014-11-10 18:05:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Red Teufel
I've been playing eve since 2008 and I've never really cared that much about isboxing. I think back then the most I would see is some guy with mining toons in local or that guy with 8 battleships running plexes. I don't think it was as rampant or out of control as it is today. Now years later I see one person isboxing obliterating entire fleets with a single bombing run, mining out entire belts in minutes, blitzing through incursions and even WH sites solo. I really don't think it's worth 1 guy with 40 accounts giving 40 paying individual customers a bitter taste for the game. Then of course them telling their friends not to play the game because of it. I enjoy playing EvE and I wish it will last for at least another 10 years but you got to fix this. I know a bad policy when I see it and allowing isboxing in EvE is a bad policy. If you think I'm wrong I'm more than happy to listen to the reason why.

Incursion Isboxer ex
WH ISboxing
Mining example
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#2 - 2014-11-10 18:07:58 UTC
IBTL

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

King Fu Hostile
Shiva Furnace
#3 - 2014-11-10 18:09:31 UTC
I travelled through an incursion system the other day, 132 in local, almost 60 of them were isbotter alts.

Persifonne
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-11-10 18:10:35 UTC
Unfortunately we are currently in a time where ccp will do anything to get up/keep up subscriptions. A plex used is a plex used. They dont care if its mr roboto or mr joe. Ccp has lost their path. It is sad.
Gonzo Liberace
Limp Geckos
#5 - 2014-11-10 18:13:14 UTC
Somebody call the whambulance...
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-11-10 18:20:46 UTC
You always have the option to declare war against these multiboxers that aren't in NPC corps.
Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#7 - 2014-11-10 18:34:00 UTC
Red Teufel wrote:
I've been playing eve since 2008 and I've never really cared that much about isboxing. I think back then the most I would see is some guy with mining toons in local or that guy with 8 battleships running plexes. I don't think it was as rampant or out of control as it is today. Now years later I see one person isboxing obliterating entire fleets with a single bombing run, mining out entire belts in minutes, blitzing through incursions and even WH sites solo. I really don't think it's worth 1 guy with 40 accounts giving 40 paying individual customers a bitter taste for the game. Then of course them telling their friends not to play the game because of it. I enjoy playing EvE and I wish it will last for at least another 10 years but you got to fix this. I know a bad policy when I see it and allowing isboxing in EvE is a bad policy. If you think I'm wrong I'm more than happy to listen to the reason why.

Incursion Isboxer ex
Bombing run ex
WH ISboxing
Mining example

So much fail in one post:

-Jealousy at someone else using something CCP says is ok to use? Check

-Talking about "the good ole days" where everything was perfect? Check

-Suggesting that the thing he hates (isboxer in this case) is the root cause of something that is bad for the game and CCPs wallet ("people are telling their freinds not to play EVE because of ISboxer!!!)? Check

Someone give this guy an award. oh wait, ISD will do that, never mind lol.

Red Teufel
Calamitous-Intent
Feign Disorder
#8 - 2014-11-10 18:40:14 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

-Suggesting that the thing he hates (isboxer in this case) is the root cause of something that is bad for the game and CCPs wallet ("people are telling their freinds not to play EVE because of ISboxer!!!)? Check

I'm not jealous about it I just don't think it's healthy for the game. I also don't think its fair for those who are not abusing isboxing either. Eventually something is going to give.
Paranoid Loyd
#9 - 2014-11-10 18:42:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Red Teufel wrote:
Eventually something is going to give.

Welp, that something can be your stuff to me cause not much else will happen on this subject.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#10 - 2014-11-10 18:43:43 UTC
Well, I have to agree. People with zero capacity to interact with the rest of Humankind do need a "purpose". Be thankful, guys like that are keeping EVE alive... 30 or 40 subs at a time.

P

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Garnoo
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2014-11-10 18:50:47 UTC
oh.... its THIS topic again...

People are going to try to ruin your day. Get together with others, ruin their day back -  EvE

Persifonne
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2014-11-10 18:53:16 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Red Teufel wrote:

Incursion Isboxer ex
Bombing run ex
WH ISboxing
Mining example

Just cuz some corporate wig at ccp says its okay...DONT MEAN IT REALLY IS PL
embrel
BamBam Inc.
#13 - 2014-11-10 18:54:07 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Red Teufel wrote:

Incursion Isboxer ex
Bombing run ex
WH ISboxing
Mining example

You have a bit a biased view on OP yourself. One could also just read it as a statement of a concerned capsuleer.

Or is "nerf HS" just jealousy too?
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#14 - 2014-11-10 18:57:47 UTC
Stop thinking of them as people, but as pilots. That is where 90% of the anger comes from.
Erika Tsurpalen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2014-11-10 18:59:18 UTC
Persifonne wrote:

Well, Yeah, It does.
Persifonne
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2014-11-10 19:01:40 UTC
Erika Tsurpalen wrote:
Persifonne wrote:

Well, Yeah, It does.

Google "ccp scandal" "ccp wrong" "ccp dev cheat" anything along those lines. Ccp has a reputation of being wrong more than right.

THIS IS OUR SANDBOX. CCP WANTS MONEY AND DOES STUFF FOR MONEY NOW. THEY CAN BE WRONG BRO. USUALLY ARE
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#17 - 2014-11-10 19:02:34 UTC
Persifonne wrote:
Erika Tsurpalen wrote:
Persifonne wrote:

Well, Yeah, It does.

Google "ccp scandal" "ccp wrong" "ccp dev cheat" anything along those lines. Ccp has a reputation of being wrong more than right.

THIS IS OUR SANDBOX. CCP WANTS MONEY AND DOES STUFF FOR MONEY NOW. THEY CAN BE WRONG BRO. USUALLY ARE

Thats quite an assessment there.
Persifonne
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2014-11-10 19:05:30 UTC
Remember the $700 monocle and greed is good scandal??? Same thing with isobox. Say it aint yo
Prince Kobol
#19 - 2014-11-10 19:12:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Kobol
Instead of saying ISBoxer is bad and it should be banned, ask yourself why are people using ISBoxer to begin with.

If you are going to fill a game with mind numbing repetitive PvE then people are going to do what ever they can to reduced to the bare minimal.

You also have to ask the question, why do people prefer to play by themselves using x number of alts then actually group up with like minded people?

Look at Missioning, Mining, Incursions, DED Sites, Anons etc

All mind numbing tedious, all ridiculously easy to automate.

Hence why ISBoxer and bots are so prevalent in Eve.
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#20 - 2014-11-10 19:13:05 UTC
Persifonne wrote:
Remember the $700 monocle and greed is good scandal??? Same thing with isobox. Say it aint yo

To err is human, to forgive is divine.

Not today spaghetti.

12Next page