These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Dev Blog - A new look for EVE’s UI – feedback needed!

First post First post First post
Author
CCP Falcon
#1 - 2014-11-07 15:00:36 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Hello Capsuleers!

As EVE's journey continues, from time to time we like to make updates to how we present the vast array of information you see in your client.

To that end, today I'd like to present a Dev Blog from CCP Optimal, who would like to show some potential changes to the UI, to gather feedback.

Check out his new Dev Blog here!

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2014-11-07 15:02:55 UTC
This is available for testing on SiSi right now:

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Singularity

CCP Nullarbor // Senior Engineer // Team Game of Drones

Drailen
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-11-07 15:07:37 UTC
If the icons come in neon blue, I'm sold Big smile
IceGuerilla
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2014-11-07 15:08:07 UTC
Change is bad!
Antoine Jordan
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-11-07 15:08:07 UTC
From the screenshot and gif, I love most of the changes, but abhor the blur. I would much prefer only transparency modification, with no blurring whatsoever. It's distracting, and takes away from the crispness that I've come to think of as a hallmark of EVE graphics.
CCP RubberBAND
CCP Engineering Corp
CCP Engineering Alliance
#6 - 2014-11-07 15:08:20 UTC
And here is the Singularity feedback thread, though we will be monitoring this thread also:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5187226#post5187226

Feel free to poke me on: Twitter

CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2014-11-07 15:09:01 UTC
Antoine Jordan wrote:
From the screenshot and gif, I love most of the changes, but abhor the blur. I would much prefer only transparency modification, with no blurring whatsoever. It's distracting, and takes away from the crispness that I've come to think of as a hallmark of EVE graphics.


The blur can be disabled with a graphics setting.

CCP Nullarbor // Senior Engineer // Team Game of Drones

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#8 - 2014-11-07 15:09:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Shocked...currently swearing at my pc to see if it will patch faster

Edit: all patched and
CCP Scarpia
C C P
C C P Alliance
#9 - 2014-11-07 15:09:48 UTC
So excited about this : D

CCP Scarpia || Game Design Director || EVE Online

Zand Vor
Anomalous Existence
Spatial Instability
#10 - 2014-11-07 15:13:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Zand Vor
Looks sweet! Will there be changes to the "red-crosshairs" both in the space HUD and in the Overview to bring them in-line with the ISIS icons, to help differentiate between ship types/sizes?

Please fix wormhole combat sites: c1 20mil - c2 40 mil - c3 80 mil - c4 160 mil - c5 320 mil - c6 640 mil

Vigilanta
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#11 - 2014-11-07 15:15:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Vigilanta
looks cool, but one question. If we prefer the old UI, will we be able to choose to use the old one instead? I remind you of like every other time we have been forced in to the mandatory upgrade and what has resulted.
Michael Mach
Arx One
Arx Alliance
#12 - 2014-11-07 15:17:01 UTC
Hell. Yes.

Hell freaking yes.
Alundil
Rolled Out
#13 - 2014-11-07 15:17:17 UTC
Like what I'm read/saw in that DevBlog.

I'm right behind you

CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#14 - 2014-11-07 15:17:18 UTC
Vigilanta wrote:
looks cool, but one question. If we prefer the old UI, will we be able to choose to use the old one instead? I remind you of like every other time we have been forced in to the mandatory upgrade and what has resulted.


You can turn post-processing down which makes it closer to the current UI but otherwise, no.

CCP Nullarbor // Senior Engineer // Team Game of Drones

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#15 - 2014-11-07 15:17:49 UTC
just make sure ESC key can be used to cancel dialog boxes like for what the key is actually there.
Pick a different key for settings PLEASE!
Axhind
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2014-11-07 15:18:25 UTC
Not had time to try the client but from that image I can say that active tabs are unreadable. Do not put the highlight in the middle of the word.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#17 - 2014-11-07 15:19:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
errm ill say i now so its been said,

can i turn it off?

looks good as far as i can see and i like the change
(will give better feedback when iv been on sisi)

but

there will be a tide of people asking for the old icons and have they been accommodated?


**** them its glorious, you all get forum candy for thisBig smile
Caiman Graystock
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2014-11-07 15:19:33 UTC
This is all well and good but please revisit module icons too, they look very dated. I know there was some whinging about turret icons when you did it before... but come on, sort it out!
Antoine Jordan
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-11-07 15:19:59 UTC
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
Antoine Jordan wrote:
From the screenshot and gif, I love most of the changes, but abhor the blur. I would much prefer only transparency modification, with no blurring whatsoever. It's distracting, and takes away from the crispness that I've come to think of as a hallmark of EVE graphics.


The blur can be disabled with a graphics setting.

Sounds great then! I will try out SiSi when I get home tonight and post further feedback
CCP Arrow
C C P
C C P Alliance
#20 - 2014-11-07 15:22:17 UTC
Zand Vor wrote:
Looks sweet! Will there be changes to the "red-crosshairs" both in the space HUD and in the Overview to bring them in-line with the ISIS icons, to help differentiate between ship types/sizes?


Great Idea!

We have many areas we want to focus on as part of the broader EVE UI Modernization project. Adding the Ship Group Icons to the in-space HUD and Overview instead of the current brackets is definitely one of those things but we need to make sure it works well since the overview is a very essential piece of control for combat so it's not going out with the changes in December simply because we want to roll it out with confidence that it brings intended value.

CCP Arrow   |   Director of User Experience   |   EVE Online   |   @CCP_Arrow

123Next pageLast page