These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Sensor Overlay 2.0: Bigger, Better, Bookmarks in Spacier!

First post First post First post
Author
Altirius Saldiaro
Doomheim
#221 - 2014-11-05 13:17:08 UTC
I hope you add a filter to show bookmarks in P&P folders for current system only. Possibly even filter them by System, Constellation, and Region.

Either way, this reduce a lot of clutter for us and make our People & Places a more effecient tool to use while in space.

Especially when I am in wormholes. I dont need to see hundreds of bookmarks I have out in K space. Only need to see the ones for the system Im in.
Archetype 66
Perkone
Caldari State
#222 - 2014-11-06 00:39:31 UTC
CCP Frellicus wrote:
Soldarius wrote:
  • Incomplete: There is no way that I could find to control what shows up on the compass. I tried playing with overview, brackets, ESC menu, ricght/left-click, found nothing. Awaiting control interface?
  • Modification: There is no way to turn off bookmark display in space, should I foolishly decide I don't want them shown. Not even hide all brackets will work. See below.
  • Mouse over the compass itself and there should pop up a tooltip where you can filter the different types of brackets available

The tooltip menu is only displaying when I align the HUD to the top. Known issue ?
    Prince aikka
    #223 - 2014-11-06 05:47:17 UTC
    Lol i can only see one bookmark and its in the same sys as me, even though i have atlest 20 in this sys. tryed turning it off and on again. I jumped into the sys next door and there i can see all the bookmarks corp and my own. jump back into the first sys and still only my one book mark, tryed making a new one and still no luck.
    CCP Frellicus
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #224 - 2014-11-06 17:53:05 UTC
    Archetype 66 wrote:
    The tooltip menu is only displaying when I align the HUD to the top. Known issue ?

The settings should show up regardless of HUD alignments. Do you have UI scaling turned on by any chance?
    CCP Frellicus
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #225 - 2014-11-06 17:56:13 UTC
    Prince aikka wrote:
    Lol i can only see one bookmark and its in the same sys as me, even though i have atlest 20 in this sys. tryed turning it off and on again. I jumped into the sys next door and there i can see all the bookmarks corp and my own. jump back into the first sys and still only my one book mark, tryed making a new one and still no luck.

There was an issue where some older bookmarks would fail to load but that should be fixed now. If this still persists I urge you to file a bug report and reference the system and character afflicted and I will follow up this.
    Archetype 66
    Perkone
    Caldari State
    #226 - 2014-11-06 23:40:45 UTC
    CCP Frellicus wrote:
    Archetype 66 wrote:

The settings should show up regardless of HUD alignments. Do you have UI scaling turned on by any chance?

Yes, 90% UI on a 1680*988 resolution.
    Prince aikka
    #227 - 2014-11-07 08:22:40 UTC
    CCP Frellicus wrote:
    Prince aikka wrote:

There was an issue where some older bookmarks would fail to load but that should be fixed now. If this still persists I urge you to file a bug report and reference the system and character afflicted and I will follow up this.

Heya Frellicus, its still an issue, and i did put in a bug report with photos.
    CCP Frellicus
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #228 - 2014-11-07 11:01:35 UTC
    Prince aikka wrote:
    Heya Frellicus, its still an issue, and i did put in a bug report with photos.

Found it. Will take a look to see what is going on. Please don't delete or change you existing personal bookmarks in that system just yet :P
    King Fu Hostile
    Mea Culpa.
    Shadow Cartel
    #229 - 2014-11-07 11:10:53 UTC
    Compass and inspace bookmarks are among the best improvements to EVE ever, thanks guys and props for implementing them so well!
    Jess Tanner
    Bangworks Systems Inc.
    #230 - 2014-11-07 11:33:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Jess Tanner
    I was wondering if it would be possible to use the compass to re-align the camera view in tracking mode.

Basically if I'm in tracking mode and click on the location of a anom/bm or whatever in the compass area of the UI, have the camera shift to that view that as if I had clicked something in my overview while in camera tracking mode, also possibly being able to swing the camera 360° on the horizontal plane by click-and-dragging along the compass would be interesting.

Thanks for your time, great expansion so far.
    CCP Frellicus
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #231 - 2014-11-07 11:56:39 UTC
    King Fu Hostile wrote:
    Compass and inspace bookmarks are among the best improvements to EVE ever, thanks guys and props for implementing them so well!

Glad you like it Big smile
    Archetype 66
    Perkone
    Caldari State
    #232 - 2014-11-07 13:41:06 UTC
    Archetype 66 wrote:
    CCP Frellicus wrote:
    Archetype 66 wrote:

CCP Frellicus,

Want me to file a bug report ?
    CCP Lebowski
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #233 - 2014-11-07 14:08:14 UTC
    Archetype 66 wrote:
    Archetype 66 wrote:
    CCP Frellicus wrote:
    Archetype 66 wrote:

CCP Frellicus,

That would be great, please submit a bug report from in game if possible so that we can get the appropriate error logs.

Once you've done this you can try changing your ui scaling to a different option as a work around, as this should allow you to access the options for the time being.

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

Archetype 66
    Perkone
    Caldari State
    #234 - 2014-11-08 00:28:14 UTC
    Done !
    per
    Terpene Conglomerate
    #235 - 2014-11-08 12:20:41 UTC
    not sure if it was mentioned here already, but would be nice to have those bm's clickable and have them like selected item (for better aligning warping etc) now only right click menu works ... same drones and planets cannot be in selected window now - broken
    Dau Katari
    Stormsong Scrapyards
    #236 - 2014-11-08 22:39:32 UTC
    One thing that seems kind of "off" is how the compass direction doesn't correspond to the camera/dscan direction when you have the system map open. It might also make sense to use the same colors in the system map for bookmarks, landmarks, and so on.
    Abrazzar
    Vardaugas Family
    #237 - 2014-11-09 00:02:45 UTC
    I just realized that you can now mark the high-sec to low-sec entry gates with a visible bookmark. Very useful if you want to avoid accidents. Works the other way around, too, should your security status be a kill on sight in high-sec.
    DetKhord Saisio
    Seniors Clan
    #238 - 2014-11-13 01:10:22 UTC
    Brystina wrote:
    DetKhord Saisio wrote:
    Overall, great changes. I do have one suggestion for bookmark creation. Slow-crawling thru space to create bookmarks can be tedious, therefore I think the ability to create a bookmark of any location on-grid with you might help. Intention of this is good, but I am sure someone will figure out how to use this for doing very bad things. ;) lol

On Grid Bookmark:
    - point your ship in any direction in space
    - create bookmark, Ctrl-B
    - in new bookmark window, set distance from ship for new bookmark location
    - type numbers 1 thru 850; vector is current direction your ship is pointed/moving
    - click ok to save new bookmark 850km away from your current location *(or whatever max on-grid distance is)

*afaik, max on-grid distance is ~850 km. So if that is not max grid distance, set to whatever max on-grid distance is for creating new bookmark.

Don't necessarily agree w/ this one, this gives anyone the ability to instawarp to opponents location. I.e. someone ongrid, but over 100k out... point to them, quickly create bookmark, warp, pew-pew ensues.
    That requires being active. Why is any of this a bad thing?
    Nolan Kotulan
    Nova Tabula Rasa
    #239 - 2014-11-16 14:56:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Nolan Kotulan
    DetKhord Saisio wrote:
    Brystina wrote:
    DetKhord Saisio wrote:
    Overall, great changes. I do have one suggestion for bookmark creation. Slow-crawling thru space to create bookmarks can be tedious, therefore I think the ability to create a bookmark of any location on-grid with you might help. Intention of this is good, but I am sure someone will figure out how to use this for doing very bad things. ;) lol

On Grid Bookmark:
    - point your ship in any direction in space
    - create bookmark, Ctrl-B
    - in new bookmark window, set distance from ship for new bookmark location
    - type numbers 1 thru 850; vector is current direction your ship is pointed/moving
    - click ok to save new bookmark 850km away from your current location *(or whatever max on-grid distance is)

*afaik, max on-grid distance is ~850 km. So if that is not max grid distance, set to whatever max on-grid distance is for creating new bookmark.

Don't necessarily agree w/ this one, this gives anyone the ability to instawarp to opponents location. I.e. someone ongrid, but over 100k out... point to them, quickly create bookmark, warp, pew-pew ensues.
    That requires being active. Why is any of this a bad thing?

Worst idea ever!
    I'm currently too tired and lazy to do it, but others will probably explain you why.

Edit: in fact, they already did...

Per aspera ad astra

Archetype 66
    Perkone
    Caldari State
    #240 - 2014-11-17 14:25:32 UTC
    CCP Lebowski wrote:
    Archetype 66 wrote:
    Archetype 66 wrote:
    CCP Frellicus wrote:
    Archetype 66 wrote:

CCP Frellicus,

That would be great, please submit a bug report from in game if possible so that we can get the appropriate error logs.

Once you've done this you can try changing your ui scaling to a different option as a work around, as this should allow you to access the options for the time being.

Hello CCP Lebowski,

I did it 8 days ago, and still none comments. Do you want the report Number. Also I can confirm : it works with 100% scale UI but not with a 90% UI on my screen.