These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Vitoc Illness from infected Pod Goo Dangerous for Capital Pilots

Author
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#61 - 2014-11-06 18:48:43 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
While minmatar ranks are something they wear just as another tatoo, or how is it called in their primitive language? Vluvoul? Or something like that, just a decoration on their skin.

For Caldari rank is a display of a merit, amount of work you have done for the common good. It is a way to arrange and sort people, so everything can be in order and everyone stands in their place. Rank for Caldari becomes part of name and shows distinctive position in a social ladder. Ranks are given by the State and must be treated with respect, even lowest of them, if you respect the State.

The voluval mark is a relatively permanent way of telling ALOT more than just your rank...... Your little rank hierarchy, aside from looking good on a data sheet serves no other purpose than filing officers in a spreadsheet. It tells nothing about you outside of your service.

The service is the life, Ms. Vess. And, unlike voluval mark, it doesn't mean something permanent. It depends on your actions. If you will do merited deeds, you will get ranked up. You will fail to meet objective or do something disgracing, you will lose a rank.

If you will become an Admiral, it doesn't mean you will remain Admiral, if you won't behave like a merited Admiral must. The rank isn't just like a tattoo, that you can receive and be happy about it. You must strive not just to achieve it, but to maintain it as well.

With all due respect, do you even know what a voluval mark is? How you get one? If you don't I really wouldn't blame you...
Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#62 - 2014-11-06 19:52:04 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:

With all due respect, do you even know what a voluval mark is? How you get one? If you don't I really wouldn't blame you...

Please excuse me, Ms. Vess, as I am not acquainted much with minmatar culture. What I know only, that it is a tattoo, and there is some... urgh... ritual with getting it.

Since you started to object to me with this mark, I would like to ask you a question about it: can you change your voluval mark, and how easy it is to lose it and get new one?

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#63 - 2014-11-06 20:27:11 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:

Please excuse me, Ms. Vess, as I am not acquainted much with minmatar culture. What I know only, that it is a tattoo, and there is some... urgh... ritual with getting it.

Since you started to object to me with this mark, I would like to ask you a question about it: can you change your voluval mark, and how easy it is to lose it and get new one?

I've never known anyone to ever get their voluval mark changed, only thimg I can think of is after someone leaves a Valklear unit, But they get a new identity as a whole.
Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#64 - 2014-11-06 20:47:46 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:

It cant really be compaired to merit. merit is what you have acheived and what you're known to be capable of, while the mark is more symbolic of what you're expected to achive and denotes that you have come far enough on that path to have earned it. I hope that that's a satisfactory summary.

I want to paint my ship Periwinkle.

Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#65 - 2014-11-07 03:02:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Elmund Egivand
Tyrel Toov wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:

It cant really be compaired to merit. merit is what you have acheived and what you're known to be capable of, while the mark is more symbolic of what you're expected to achive and denotes that you have come far enough on that path to have earned it. I hope that that's a satisfactory summary.

Adding to that, the Voluval doesn't denote merit. It's the tattoos that come after. Somewhat. You see, every tattoo tells your story. It tells of what you had done, and what you had accomplished, and what tragedies you faced and what you did about it, for that particular season of your life. You cannot get tattooed without approval. Addition of these tattoos is a sacred rite, due to what they mean and how it shapes one's impression of you.

So in a way, these tattoos are of sort of meritorious.

Edit: Also to add before you start thinking that the tattoos supplant the need for written and/or electronic service records. They don't. Ever. The tattoo is tradition. The written and/or electronic records is much more practical and actually needed depending on line of work.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Ragnar STS
Arcane Odyssey
Electus Matari
#66 - 2014-11-07 03:32:23 UTC
All of you twits are absolutely off topic and wasting the IGS time. Some of you may get paid per word, but the rest of us do not care. You are now arguing about nothing of consequence simply for the sake of arguing.

I, among many others probably, will not be attending the next several sessions of IGS simply because we've now seen how childish and petty the conversations are in this hall. This is one reason the pirate organizations operate with impunity in all areas of space without much meaningful resistance.
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#67 - 2014-11-07 03:40:37 UTC
Ragnar STS wrote:
All of you twits are absolutely off topic and wasting the IGS time. Some of you may get paid per word, but the rest of us do not care. You are now arguing about nothing of consequence simply for the sake of arguing.

I, among many others probably, will not be attending the next several sessions of IGS simply because we've now seen how childish and petty the conversations are in this hall. This is one reason the pirate organizations operate with impunity in all areas of space without much meaningful resistance.

From what I had read out of you, you aren't any better either. Get off the Ragnarok.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.