These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hacking stats for low sec or WH sites?

Author
Drone Bei
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-11-06 21:50:39 UTC
I'm loving the new hacking system and tried my luck at heading into a nearby low sec system to see what I could find. I used my cargo scanner to find over 20 mil just in salvage materials (intact armor plates, etc) but was soon probed down and destroyed by a local.

Despite that loss, I'm hungry more more, but I'm worried my hacking skills/stats aren't there yet for anything other than high sec.

So what should I be looking at for my virus strength and coherence to tackle radar sites outside of high sec?

Also, is there anything I can do once I'm at the sight to minimize getting probed down and attacked?
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-11-06 22:01:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Tipa Riot
Drone Bei wrote:

Also, is there anything I can do once I'm at the sight to minimize getting probed down and attacked?

A couple of survival tips

• have a warpable target pre-selected during hacks
  • stay at >2000 range from any object during hacks if covops, so you can cloak when needed
  • make hacking window transparent or position so, that d-scan and overview are visible and operational
  • watch the overview while hacking
  • d-scan, d-scan, d-scan, ...
  • if something shows up on close range d-scan or de-cloaks on overview, warp (and cloak if possible)
  • if you get scrambled, fight back, that's why you fit cannons and drones*

EDIT: *only recommended, if you are confident how to get your pod out in a fight or you are sure to win the fight. To be safe, just spam warp until you are sitting in a pod and warp away.

I'm my own NPC alt.