These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Daytripping Viable? Nullsec Relic/Data Sites in Wormholes

Author
Beness
Vojtech Fekete
#1 - 2014-11-05 21:27:05 UTC
I've not flown an Astero in ages, since the Stratios does such a good job gobbling every high sec sig that it can fit into.

With the news that nullsec Relic and Data sites would be spawning in C1/C2/C3 wormholes, I wasn't the only one daytripping into high sec adjacent w-space, and I pulled out a decent haul. Since I've not done much null exploration, I had a few questions:

1. I only failed the hacking minigame twice - both times on the same container. It simply despawned - no rats were generated. Do rats ever get generated on failures? wiki.eveonline.com is woefully out of date for these.
  2. Is the distribution of sites related to the WH class in any way? I ended up with multiple pirate factions in the same system, so this is more about whether there's a True Sec correlation.
  3. What ships are you using? The Astero is a pretty good choice in my books - resilient, sports a CovOps cloak, best Virus strength, reasonable cargo hold. Is anyone flying the cheaper ships (CovOps or T1 Exploration)?

Overall, I really like this change.
Mooh Bear
Gurista Testing Group LLC
#2 - 2014-11-06 00:22:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Mooh Bear
1. AFAIK, the container just blow up when you fail the game twice, not rats spawned

2. In null, the type of site depends on the local rats, plus some drones. Quality depends on true sec. No idea what happens in WH.

3. Using a CovOps. They're cheap, can carry a covert ops cloak and are bonused for exploration. The Astero is nice, but pricey and it doesn't perform much better for pure exploration. But if you plan on ganking other explorers, that's a different matter.
Iyokus Patrouette
Buccaneers of New Eden
Liquor Legion
#3 - 2014-11-06 00:56:27 UTC
I will assume those Null Relic and Data sites in wormholes will become pawns in the RNG game of spawning sites. Meaning they randomly appear wherever they darn well please.

---- Advocate for the initiation of purple coloured wormholes----

Aralieus
Shadowbane Syndicate
#4 - 2014-11-06 04:28:24 UTC
1. Never had any npc's spawn, can just blew up on 2 failures in a row

2. I visited quite a few wormholes tonight and it seems the faction that spawn is very random and had nothing to do with where I cam from previously.

3. I am using an Astero with a mobile depot and everything I might need in my cargo hold including a PvP fit in case an opportunity should present itself.

I made ok iskies running sites however going in a wormhole and seeing Gurista debris is kind of immersion breaking. I would have liked to see sleeper sites instead of pirate factions in wormholes, idk just makes more sense that way to me v0v

Oderint Dum Metuant

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#5 - 2014-11-06 13:41:27 UTC
just pretend the pirates are trying to live in wholes too and getting the **** kicked out of them by the slepers
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-11-06 15:18:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Tipa Riot
Exciting times ahead ... hope finding time to do some exploration again at the weekend. I'm flying relic ceptors in Null exclusively atm for exploration use, but may try a covops for WH as it's easier to get to and navigate in a WH ... also I see new opps for other activities :)

I'm my own NPC alt.

Beness
Vojtech Fekete
#7 - 2014-11-07 01:45:11 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
just pretend the pirates are trying to live in wholes too and getting the **** kicked out of them by the slepers

Given the announcement of Thera (WH-style system with NPC stations and more) during the o7 show, that seems to fit the lore arc.
Starbuck05
Abiding Ormolus
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#8 - 2014-11-07 08:18:09 UTC
Its random , yesterday i dayttripped a c1 wh , found 1 serp data,1 angel data and 1 blood relic...al of wich in total gave me around 10 mil isk with cherry picking and no fails :D buffed exploration huh?

Just because i am blond does not make me stoopid !

Tam Arai
Mi Pen Rai
#9 - 2014-11-08 07:10:00 UTC
i went in a wormhole for first time ever today- a c2

i found a blood raider temple and got 60m in mainly t2 salvage

i then ran aware as i was scared but i will try again for sure
Beness
Vojtech Fekete
#10 - 2014-11-10 21:08:21 UTC
Tam Arai wrote:

Good job! Once you've been in and out a few times, you'll hav accumulated enough cash to recover from any subsequent ship/pod losses.

If you want to be especially safe, create a bookmark just as you're starting warp away from the wormhole you came in through - it should be off grid but significantly closer to the WH than anything else. On your way out, warp to that BM and do a d-scan to see if your exit has been bubbled.
Tam Arai
Mi Pen Rai
#11 - 2014-11-11 14:05:58 UTC
Beness wrote:
Tam Arai wrote:

Good job! Once you've been in and out a few times, you'll hav accumulated enough cash to recover from any subsequent ship/pod losses.

If you want to be especially safe, create a bookmark just as you're starting warp away from the wormhole you came in through - it should be off grid but significantly closer to the WH than anything else. On your way out, warp to that BM and do a d-scan to see if your exit has been bubbled.

good tip. thanks

i hadn't even thought of bubbles..