These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Vitoc Illness from infected Pod Goo Dangerous for Capital Pilots

Author
Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#41 - 2014-11-04 12:44:52 UTC
I have never received a CONCORD weekly science periodical in my life. I'd question the contents though, given the source.
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#42 - 2014-11-04 13:52:27 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Here's the interesting bit though. Jump drives had been used for years, and issues are only starting to crop up *now*? Now, I can understand if the symptoms are manifesting in long-time users of jump drives *only*, but from how I understand it, even the new users are manifesting symptoms. You have to admit that there is something smelly here, and it ain't a Fedo.

I did say that this is a rare case of CONCORD catching a problem before it became an issue - almost no cases of serious, irreparable brain damage have cropped up, only a lot of pilots complaining of headaches, vertigo, mild problems with cognition and memory. This is a fairly recent development, since the use of capsuleer jumpdrives has only really taken off in the past few years, so it stands to reason that it's only recently that we've got people beginning to experience noticeable adverse side-effects of heavy jumpdrive usage. Consequently, the CONCORD study that brought all of this up only came out a few months ago.

But this was all in the CONCORD weekly science periodical - you guys do read them, right?

... I'm not the only one, am I?


If such a periodical exists, I am clearly not in the mailing list.

But as I mentioned, long-time users complaining wouldn't raise much scepticism, at least from my part. It's the new users experiencing the onset of fatigue, the same one those old-timers had, is what makes me sceptical.

New users, not old-timers. Suffering similar symptoms. Now. After so many years of non-issue with jump drive usage.

I believe I do not need to make it any clearer just how odd this is.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Stitcher
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#43 - 2014-11-04 14:48:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
This was all in the CONCORD weekly science periodical - you guys do read them, right?
... I'm not the only one, am I?


CONCORD directives underpinned by data that appeared in a CONCORD science periodical?

I hope you can understand why I would prefer a more independent source, at least in this instance.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#44 - 2014-11-04 16:20:47 UTC
Andrea Cemenotar wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Jump gates are for peasants and slaves!


I'd never think that I'll hear such words from fellow Caldari.
Especially that it indicates that you think about much of your fellow Caldari people as "peasants and slaves".

Not everyone flies ships big enought to use jump drives and not everyone likes to fly such a ships - for example I prefer smaller vessels and consider battlecruiser as a little to big and clumsy for my likings.

does that makes me "peasant" or maybe "slave"?

please next time think a little before you'll start saying things that even Amarrians are avoiding.

about "disease" as long as I'll not be shown scientific research prooving word of that minmatar - preferably research made by Caldari Scientist - I cannot care less.

Joke, ma'am.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Stitcher
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#45 - 2014-11-04 16:28:11 UTC
Joke?

Kim, if you ever had a sense of humour then it cried itself to sleep for the last time and died alone, forgotten and unmourned in its cold stone cell years ago.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Shae Mataar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2014-11-04 16:33:05 UTC
Big smile

i bring that which you fear the most

freedom

no matter what the price

Kale Silence
Doomheim
#47 - 2014-11-04 16:44:54 UTC
Stitcher wrote:
Joke?

Kim, if you ever had a sense of humour then it cried itself to sleep for the last time and died alone, forgotten and unmourned in its cold stone cell years ago.


Burn!!!Twisted
Ragnar STS
Arcane Odyssey
Electus Matari
#48 - 2014-11-06 03:43:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Ragnar STS
Definitely true the Kim has no sense of humor. Only a compelling need to troll other noble capsuleers. I find this more interesting:

Andrea Cemenotar wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:


You heard the lady! Ship all the Fedo to her hangar!



I need to dissapoint you but as I'm from scientist family I'm not scientist myself - I'm military pilot.


I say we send her the Fedos anyway. Her 'military pilot' record consists of only 3 frigate losses 7 months ago. All with nothing but warp core stabs fitted and nothing else. I'm sure she would have fit more (stabs) but there were only two or three low slots available. Seems to me the more likely story is that she is a corporate or Amarr paid lobbyist in the government at best, or a misinformation agent sent by CONCORD/Amarr covert agencies.

Now that our freedom has been drastically reduced by these obscene changes to jump drive control systems I'm sure she will be taking a few weeks off to enjoy being patted on the back by her overlords. Several of my crew were injured when the agents came aboard to 'upgrade' my jump systems. CONCORD or Amarr or nothing....I feel my crew's blood is on this fake fighter's hands. Today her pen was mightier than the sword. Andrea Cemenotar's day will come.
Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#49 - 2014-11-06 04:16:44 UTC
Don't pods come equipped with onboard diagnostic systems to catch this kind of thing? I mean, I've never taken my pod apart to study its internal systems, but it seems that there would be some sort of sensor or filter (or both) that would prevent contaminents from being allowed to build up in the pod, or at least notify the pilot so they can dock for maintiance....

I want to paint my ship Periwinkle.

Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#50 - 2014-11-06 04:33:00 UTC
Tyrel Toov wrote:
Don't pods come equipped with onboard diagnostic systems to catch this kind of thing? I mean, I've never taken my pod apart to study its internal systems, but it seems that there would be some sort of sensor or filter (or both) that would prevent contaminents from being allowed to build up in the pod, or at least notify the pilot so they can dock for maintiance....


When you fill your pod with goo, the diagnostic systems reads that and uses the readings as control, with which to measure subsequent readings. As such, if the goo is already contaminated when introduced into the pod before use, the diagnostic system won't detect unusual as it would treat the particle count as control.

The spectrophotometry and other methods to detect contamination before flight is done outside the pod.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Andrea Cemenotar
Elena Minasse Operations
#51 - 2014-11-06 10:04:29 UTC
Ragnar STS wrote:

I say we send her the Fedos anyway. Her 'military pilot' record consists of only 3 frigate losses 7 months ago. All with nothing but warp core stabs fitted and nothing else. I'm sure she would have fit more (stabs) but there were only two or three low slots available. Seems to me the more likely story is that she is a corporate or Amarr paid lobbyist in the government at best, or a misinformation agent sent by CONCORD/Amarr covert agencies.

Now that our freedom has been drastically reduced by these obscene changes to jump drive control systems I'm sure she will be taking a few weeks off to enjoy being patted on the back by her overlords. Several of my crew were injured when the agents came aboard to 'upgrade' my jump systems. CONCORD or Amarr or nothing....I feel my crew's blood is on this fake fighter's hands. Today her pen was mightier than the sword. Andrea Cemenotar's day will come.


Huh feel a little invigilated right now.

Yes my previous Warfare career was not the brightest ones and the frigates you mentioned - these was scounting missions very beginning of my activity on Warfront and also missions failed.

You may ask why then there are no more records on kill-loss table of mine - I can tell you - because one of doctrines of scouting missions consist "don't get caught, don't engage" and considering lack of later looses - I'll let you work it out yourself.

You have very conveniently ignored other part of my post.

and you are good at taking totaly false assumption based on little hints.

I'm not serving Amarr not concord - I'm serving for Caldari Navy and noone else.

and within next "phew" weeks I'm going to be "enjoying" big amount of paper works that comes with my next assignment.

Also I think that your post here proves quite much how paranoic and not to be trusted Matars are.
I wanted to help you with your problem and you turned accusing me and even more - mocking me.

and at the end - Major Cemenotar - unless you are close friend or family and you are neither - you are not allowed to miss my rank when refering to me.
Ragnar STS
Arcane Odyssey
Electus Matari
#52 - 2014-11-06 13:35:32 UTC
Andrea Cemenotar wrote:

and at the end - Major Cemenotar - unless you are close friend or family and you are neither - you are not allowed to miss my rank when refering to me.


I wasn't going to bring up the concept of rank. Generally one does treat foreign military members with the same level of respect as the equivalent local military rank.

I will say anything I like to you, you disgusting embarrassment to your uniform. Your pathetic combat record even includes your own overlords in the Amarr militia killing you once. Perhaps you did not respect their rank in a similar way that you ignored mine.

**** off desk jockey.

Valklear General Ragnar STS
Andrea Cemenotar
Elena Minasse Operations
#53 - 2014-11-06 14:41:05 UTC
Ragnar STS wrote:
Andrea Cemenotar wrote:

and at the end - Major Cemenotar - unless you are close friend or family and you are neither - you are not allowed to miss my rank when refering to me.


I wasn't going to bring up the concept of rank. Generally one does treat foreign military members with the same level of respect as the equivalent local military rank.

I will say anything I like to you, you disgusting embarrassment to your uniform. Your pathetic combat record even includes your own overlords in the Amarr militia killing you once. Perhaps you did not respect their rank in a similar way that you ignored mine.

**** off desk jockey.

Valklear General Ragnar STS



First of all I have no responsibility to explain any part of my military career before you Matar.
at the second You should first study all the case then state your opinions on any matter

Yes I agree at that moment when I was fighting within Caldari territory by official meanings I was working of the 24th Crusade.
On the order of My Caldari Navy superiors

and Yes one of my frigate was shot down by destroyer which also was serving under the same flag

and no there was no reason for that as you called him "overlord" to do it - and I know exacly what was his only reason to shoot my ship down.

Because he was traitor who was in the ranks of crusade mostly for being able to engage and kill other vessels without any restrictions of Concord - You could ask what restrictions of Concord can one meet in Low Security space?

because even there atacking other capsuleers without provocation brings down your security status which under certain level make you at least not welcome within high security space.

but as by concord meaning we were members of same corporation even such restriction didn't occured and thats why he shot me.

and "General" If anyone dishinors his uniform right now its you. I wanted to help you agreed to make my scientist friends taking serious care of your case and your samples. and in the answer You showed great disrespect mockered me and tried to judge record of my combats against other capsuleers without having any kind of knowledge what was my orders and how those loses of frigates occured.

In Caldari Navy such person would not hold General rank for long. I'm very sorry to discover that point of other persons here in teh summits about Matar people are being confirmed by high ranked Matar Officers.

PS. I didn't Ignored your rank in any point - You didn't mentioned it not even once in my presence. I hope that this will give you reason for thinking about your stance here General.

and....

Frak off with those fedos. I'm not going to help person who responds on offering of help by mockery and insults
Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#54 - 2014-11-06 14:47:47 UTC
Why are we discussing ranks now? Everyone ignores mine all the time, you dont see me getting all up in arms about it.

-Grand Admiral of The Imaginary Fleet, Tyrel Toov

I want to paint my ship Periwinkle.

Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#55 - 2014-11-06 14:55:39 UTC
Tyrel Toov wrote:
Why are we discussing ranks now? Everyone ignores mine all the time, you dont see me getting all up in arms about it.

-Grand Admiral of The Imaginary Fleet, Tyrel Toov


The ranks are just pretty little titles to make you feel important. They are giving out ranks to PRIVATEERS. Seriously. I received titles for shooting down enough Amarrian vessels and making a nuisance of myself just for the loyalty points and the consequent profit. I barely join any major operations planned for strategic victories and I still got a title.

It's a farce, I tell you.

And no, don't even think you can get anyone in the actual military to get you a free coffee just because you are 'Lance Commander'. The rank doesn't mean anything.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#56 - 2014-11-06 14:59:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Samira Kernher
Everyone is aware that the militias are privateer organizations, and not actual militaries, right? Militia ranks are about as important as, well, Mr. Toov's jest.


*Edit* What Mr. Egivand said.
Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#57 - 2014-11-06 16:16:58 UTC
While minmatar ranks are something they wear just as another tatoo, or how is it called in their primitive language? Vluvoul? Or something like that, just a decoration on their skin.

For Caldari rank is a display of a merit, amount of work you have done for the common good. It is a way to arrange and sort people, so everything can be in order and everyone stands in their place. Rank for Caldari becomes part of name and shows distinctive position in a social ladder. Ranks are given by the State and must be treated with respect, even lowest of them, if you respect the State.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Andrea Cemenotar
Elena Minasse Operations
#58 - 2014-11-06 16:33:19 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
Everyone is aware that the militias are privateer organizations, and not actual militaries, right? Militia ranks are about as important as, well, Mr. Toov's jest.


*Edit* What Mr. Egivand said.



As I understand that our little argue on matter of ranks was irrelevant to the topic of disease.

Although My rank was not earned within ranks of militia but earned during my service in Caldari Navy before I even became capsuleer.
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#59 - 2014-11-06 18:27:28 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
While minmatar ranks are something they wear just as another tatoo, or how is it called in their primitive language? Vluvoul? Or something like that, just a decoration on their skin.

For Caldari rank is a display of a merit, amount of work you have done for the common good. It is a way to arrange and sort people, so everything can be in order and everyone stands in their place. Rank for Caldari becomes part of name and shows distinctive position in a social ladder. Ranks are given by the State and must be treated with respect, even lowest of them, if you respect the State.


The voluval mark is a relatively permanent way of telling ALOT more than just your rank...... Your little rank hierarchy, aside from looking good on a data sheet serves no other purpose than filing officers in a spreadsheet. It tells nothing about you outside of your service.
Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#60 - 2014-11-06 18:37:06 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
While minmatar ranks are something they wear just as another tatoo, or how is it called in their primitive language? Vluvoul? Or something like that, just a decoration on their skin.

For Caldari rank is a display of a merit, amount of work you have done for the common good. It is a way to arrange and sort people, so everything can be in order and everyone stands in their place. Rank for Caldari becomes part of name and shows distinctive position in a social ladder. Ranks are given by the State and must be treated with respect, even lowest of them, if you respect the State.


The voluval mark is a relatively permanent way of telling ALOT more than just your rank...... Your little rank hierarchy, aside from looking good on a data sheet serves no other purpose than filing officers in a spreadsheet. It tells nothing about you outside of your service.

The service is the life, Ms. Vess. And, unlike voluval mark, it doesn't mean something permanent. It depends on your actions. If you will do merited deeds, you will get ranked up. You will fail to meet objective or do something disgracing, you will lose a rank.

If you will become an Admiral, it doesn't mean you will remain Admiral, if you won't behave like a merited Admiral must. The rank isn't just like a tattoo, that you can receive and be happy about it. You must strive not just to achieve it, but to maintain it as well.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.