These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Jump fatigue questions...

Author
Xartahez
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-11-05 17:10:47 UTC
Am I understanding this enhancement/nerf correctly..

1. Fatigue is the same regardless of the mass of the hull being jumped? I am just as fatigued in a pod as I am in a carrier?

2. There were no implants introduced with this expansion to offset the fatigue?

3. But... my carrier can use a gate? (because in 0.0/lowsec I'll ever do that)

One last question, do my clones carry fatigue? because ... they technically haven't ever jumped before...
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#2 - 2014-11-05 17:13:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
▬▬► https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=382711

▬▬► https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=376666

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#3 - 2014-11-05 17:18:17 UTC  |  Edited by: DaReaper
Xartahez wrote:
Am I understanding this enhancement/nerf correctly..

1. Fatigue is the same regardless of the mass of the hull being jumped? I am just as fatigued in a pod as I am in a carrier? Correct, its bassed off of jump distance not mass. Some things however, have a bounus that gives you less fatigue.

2. There were no implants introduced with this expansion to offset the fatigue? Correct

3. But... my carrier can use a gate? (because in 0.0/lowsec I'll ever do that) Correct

One last question, do my clones carry fatigue? because ... they technically haven't ever jumped before... I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think yes.

AFAIK my answers are in bold

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2014-11-05 17:19:44 UTC
yes
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#5 - 2014-11-05 17:42:47 UTC
Xartahez wrote:

One last question, do my clones carry fatigue? because ... they technically haven't ever jumped before...

They pick up the fatiguedness along with the instant update to skills totals in the same bio-dump that you take when clone jump and/or kersplode in a pod.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Foxfire 0031
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2014-11-05 18:23:39 UTC
Most ridiculous mechanic ever implemented. I used a bridge 5 times last night now I can't jump for 2 days, maybe ccp should make warping gate to gate instant instead of spending my play time staring at warp and gate effects all night.
Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#7 - 2014-11-05 18:27:37 UTC
Foxfire 0031 wrote:
Most ridiculous mechanic ever implemented. I used a bridge 5 times last night now I can't jump for 2 days, maybe ccp should make warping gate to gate instant instead of spending my play time staring at warp and gate effects all night.

Do you ever bother to use the forums, or read the update links in the launcher?

Everyone has known for a looong time now what was going to happen.

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#8 - 2014-11-05 18:29:01 UTC
Foxfire 0031 wrote:
I used a bridge 5 times last night now I can't jump for 2 days

found your problem.

also, LOL
Jean Luc Lemmont
Carebears on Fire
Viral Society
#9 - 2014-11-05 18:30:53 UTC
Foxfire 0031 wrote:

"Oh noes! Eve is big again and I might have to spend some time travelling from place to place instead of teleporting there instantly."

Do you not yet grasp that the (near)instant travel was exactly what they were trying to stop?

Mission Accomplished, as far as I can tell.

Will I get banned for boxing!?!?!

This thread has degenerated to the point it's become like two bald men fighting over a comb. -- Doc Fury

It's bonuses, not boni, you cretins.

RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-11-05 18:33:29 UTC
Foxfire 0031 wrote:

Use an indy to jump next time

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-11-05 19:11:44 UTC
RomeStar wrote:
Foxfire 0031 wrote:

Are you refering to a Jump Freighter that gets the 90% reduction?
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#12 - 2014-11-05 19:15:10 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:
RomeStar wrote:
Foxfire 0031 wrote:

Are you refering to a Jump Freighter that gets the 90% reduction?

No, he wants to create entire fleets of empty badgers at every JB POS because he thinks it will be worth the hassle and save time when trying to get from one point to another to jump into a a hauler, fly it from the POS to the bridge, jump it, and leave the hauler back inside the POS for the next guy..

Somehow I don't see his idea coming to fruition. But it could result in a few comedy killmails until he realizes how bad the idea is.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Tikitina
Doomheim
#13 - 2014-11-05 19:33:41 UTC
Foxfire 0031 wrote:

At least you know the consequences now.

Foxfire 0031
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2014-11-05 19:45:26 UTC
Let me be a bit more clear, for people that don't live in null sec you just won't understand so please inform yourself as to what life in 0.0 is like. Fighting for sov, grinding structures, having a sense of pride holding it or dropping an egg.

So I hoped into my buzzard and made a jump, great. Warp to gate and hit the next bridge.. (okay wait for it this is the "fun" part in eve) I jump cause the timer has already reset as it was only like 3 mins, jump again... wait this is starting to suck..mins turn into hours and a lot of wasted time not actually playing the game I've PAID to play. Okay fine i'll just take the gates like ccp wants me to. I now have the pleasure of looking at warp animations and gate effects for the next 7 gates. God forbid if I was actually in a battleship trying top get to an escalation. Basically by that point I've spend half the time I have to play eve at night doing absolutely nothing, games are suppose to be fun. They took the most boring part of the game and made it worse.

This is not progress, CCP Greyscale was told years ago the idea was a bad one yet now that the "good" devs have left he did it anyways. CCP has basically forced a player that wants to enjoy the game now to move to low sec or empire. What happened to the sandbox??

Empire players are not affected by this in the same degree therefore have no weight in their arguments about me just QQing.

CCP Greyscale needs a smack on the side of the head for not thinking this through thoroughly.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#15 - 2014-11-05 19:54:20 UTC
Foxfire 0031 wrote:
Let me be a bit more clear, for people that don't live in null sec you just won't understand so please inform yourself as to what life in 0.0 is like. Fighting for sov, grinding structures, having a sense of pride holding it or dropping an egg.

So I hoped into my buzzard and made a jump, great. Warp to gate and hit the next bridge.. (okay wait for it this is the "fun" part in eve) I jump cause the timer has already reset as it was only like 3 mins, jump again... wait this is starting to suck..mins turn into hours and a lot of wasted time not actually playing the game I've PAID to play. Okay fine i'll just take the gates like ccp wants me to. I now have the pleasure of looking at warp animations and gate effects for the next 7 gates. God forbid if I was actually in a battleship trying top get to an escalation. Basically by that point I've spend half the time I have to play eve at night doing absolutely nothing, games are suppose to be fun. They took the most boring part of the game and made it worse.

This is not progress, CCP Greyscale was told years ago the idea was a bad one yet now that the "good" devs have left he did it anyways. CCP has basically forced a player that wants to enjoy the game now to move to low sec or empire. What happened to the sandbox??

Empire players are not affected by this in the same degree therefore have no weight in their arguments about me just QQing.

CCP Greyscale needs a smack on the side of the head for not thinking this through thoroughly.

Working as intended.. and you know youngster, there was a time, oh so long ago, when you had no jump bridges or jump drives, and everything went along just fine.

They no longer want you and your comrades to drop a fleet in seconds accorss the universe. its bad for the game. And its been corrected. Adapt.

And this is a case of 'don't ask for something, because you may not like what you get' people begged for force projection to be nerfed, it gets nerfed and everyone cries. That will teach ya.

Eve For life.

Murauke
Spacers
#16 - 2014-11-05 20:16:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Murauke
CCP decided to punish people for seeking out content.

I said this many times; it should never be about punishing people for moving their capitals around etc.

It's the damn cyno mechanic that should have been punished.
Shizuken
Venerated Stars
#17 - 2014-11-05 20:31:10 UTC
Foxfire 0031 wrote:

Space is big. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#18 - 2014-11-05 20:34:59 UTC
Murauke wrote:
CCP decided to punish people for seeking out content.

I said this many times; it should never be about punishing people for moving their capitals around etc.

It's the damn cyno mechanic that should have been punished.

you are not being punished, you are now forced to make choices. Simple

Eve For life.

Niskin
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
The Chicken Coop
#19 - 2014-11-05 20:35:23 UTC
Remember:

They hate you.

This is personal.

This doesn't fix anything, it's just to ruin your fun.

It wasn't thought out, they just picked the first idea that any random intern threw out there.

There was no testing, and the devs don't play the game at all.

Or maybe there is actually something out there more important than instantly traveling across the universe with no repercussions. And maybe, just maybe, that is what this change was about... nah, they probably just hate you.

It's Dark In Here - The Lonely Wormhole Blog

Remember kiddies: the best ship in Eve is Friendship.

-MooMooDachshundCow

Eldwinn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-11-05 20:38:28 UTC
O look, another thread about jump fatigue and there is tears. I am shocked.
123Next page