These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Null Deal - NPC Nullsec

Author
h4kun4
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-11-05 18:18:02 UTC
Well, this idea came to me while Roaming throgh Black Rise.

Like in the Null-Deal, its supposed to add NPC-Null to every Nullsec Region of New Eden.

The Idea basically adds two completely new constellations with at least two stations each const. (~5-7 Systems) to every region with Sov Null, I think adding, is better than converting because taking space away from the sovholders with no replacement is a bit too much harassment, also more space makes eve bigger = better for small gang warfare.
To populate them and make them attractive, i thought about "Pirate Factional Warfare" (PFW), including LP Stores with better prices as regularly seen in NPC-Null, FW with Bubbles and Bombs and features that CCP and I havent thought about yet, maybe new Items from PFW-LP-stores.

A system number ranging between 10 and 15 new systems per region seems reasonable, that would add a total between 340 and 510 new PFW-Systems and 68+ new stations.

Current home NPC-Null (Mission Hubs) should stay unconquererble, however, there are regions like, Venal, Stain and Curse which are still huge, not coverting some of their systems to PFW-Space would be a mistake, also because it could generate content between PFWers and NPC-Null dwellers.

Since there are much more "Pirate" Factions than Empire Factions, there should be more Crucibles and more possibilities for Fights.
I would also add, Semi-Pirate factions, like Syndicate, Thukker Tribe, Rogue Drones and Mordus Legion to that...more content = More fun.
Pure Blind is a great example of how PFW-Null could be integrated into a region.

There are existing standings, which could be used too.

For example, Syndicate vs. Sisters or Guristas vs. Mordus

Start-sov should be determined either by who is currently holding sov in NPC regions or which pirates are naturally home in that Region. Delve will have Raiders while Oasa will have Rogue Drones controlling space. A nice gimmick might be that, if for example the Serpentis PFW-Capsuleers conquer the whle PFW-space in Deklein, the PFW-space gets Serpentis rats instead of Guristas, also Serpentis Anoms, Data/Relics and Combat sites get a small chance to spawn radomly in the whole Region.
The sov mechanics should stay the same as in Lowsec FW.

well it doesnt have to be perfect and final, its just an idea, you guys might like to generate content.

thx for reading, and comments, suggestions pls.