These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Now that Phoebe is deployed.. lets talk Rhea

First post First post First post
Author
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-11-04 21:26:35 UTC
arrugamon Kusoni wrote:

- Gatecamps are removed. Just like that.

carebear alert, please contract your tears in the form of the heavy water commodity

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Just Another Toon
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2014-11-04 22:24:10 UTC
Gogela wrote:
The "Tug" ship carrier is coming out with this release, yes? Should be an interesting site on the space lanes. Wonder how gankable it'll be....

I'm hoping is more like an Orca, less like a Freighter.

LET US FIT IT. The freighter change proved to everyone that even when given the chance to bricktank ships, most won't.. so it's not like there won't be lots of versions out there easy to kill. But it will let those of us with a few braincells to actually fit it properly, be it for space (assuming like an Orca is has Cargo in addition to the massive Maint. Bay), warp speed, agility, or a flying brick. Or, of course, just stupid fits that will make good KM's to laugh at.

Personally, I see the Tug as being a reverse Orca.. Orca atm is a Hauler that can fit a few ships.. I want to see mostly a maint bay, some cargo, maybe even a little corp hangar.. So that we can move not just the fitted ships, but the ammo, and mods, they need. Would love this for both incursions and mission running, just move it all in one go, rather than currently move BS's then back for Orca with Ammo, Mods, Booster Ships, and Cruisers.. Would be a shame if this new ship let you moved the BS's but not room for the extra mods, and ammo..

Also, potential for even better lossmails.. You know someone is gonna fly around with officer BS's and officer mods..
Myrradah
Apotheosis of Caledvwich
#23 - 2014-11-04 22:27:53 UTC
arrugamon Kusoni wrote:
My wish list:

- New drone interface
- local chat and DScan spamming are tweaked and replaced by a new awesome intel tool
- WiS is on the works
- The UI is revamped: less windows and more condensed information.
- Wardecs get some love

The new character progression discussion is interesting tho.

No they wont, they will be even more deadly. All you do is put a scout in the connecting systems.
Horus V
The Destined
#24 - 2014-11-04 22:31:36 UTC
Open the door and I sub for another 20 years (4 accounts that is).

V

Myrradah
Apotheosis of Caledvwich
#25 - 2014-11-04 22:37:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Myrradah
Alliance sell and buy options for everything on the Market but only for alliance to see and buy. Doing Contracts is just annoying.

POS / Corp hanger security changes to reduce the amount of corp theft.
1) Tracking removal of items from any hanger (Without using Containers with log info)
2) Adding more levels of security based on titles or improving this system so it works for WH's. (More than 10 - maybe the size of the POS dictates more hanger space etc). personal hangers are to limiting.

Being able to get moon goo without using a POS - moon mining?

Changes in Moon goo and some form of randomness to it - for instance If a POS is blown up on a R64 that moon isn't able to get a new POS for 2 weeks or it reduces its return of moon go eventually ramping up to full again - I don't care some form of randomness. This stagnant crap is annoying and limiting.

Youtube to work in EVE Browser!
Myrradah
Apotheosis of Caledvwich
#26 - 2014-11-04 22:40:52 UTC
arrugamon Kusoni wrote:
My wish list:

- New drone interface
- local chat and DScan spamming are tweaked and replaced by a new awesome intel tool

- WiS is on the works
- The UI is revamped: less windows and more condensed information.
- Wardecs get some love

The new character progression discussion is interesting tho.

Just stay in Hi sec :)
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#27 - 2014-11-04 22:52:14 UTC
I'll add two that I really am dying for...

The current moons have dried up, all moon goo is gone. As part of a pos revamp, the pos no longer can moon mine. However two new discoveries come into play...

Comets have begun to appear on scan probes.

And Ring mining/system wide astroids belts have been found. both of which will bring on new form of ore... the T2 ore (formerly moon goo)

I REALLY want moon goo to become active mining, take that income away from alliances/corps and let plays mine it, sell it, react it, and alliances can get a tax from that activity

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Myrradah
Apotheosis of Caledvwich
#28 - 2014-11-04 22:54:53 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
I'll add two that I really am dying for...

The current moons have dried up, all moon goo is gone. As part of a pos revamp, the pos no longer can moon mine. However two new discoveries come into play...

Comets have begun to appear on scan probes.

And Ring mining/system wide astroids belts have been found. both of which will bring on new form of ore... the T2 ore (formerly moon goo)

I REALLY want moon goo to become active mining, take that income away from alliances/corps and let plays mine it, sell it, react it, and alliances can get a tax from that activity

Totally agree - something on moon goo to shake it up and available to players and not just massive alliances or alliances that pay billions of isk to not get it shot to hell.
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#29 - 2014-11-04 22:59:19 UTC
Warde Guildencrantz wrote:
arrugamon Kusoni wrote:

carebear alert, please contract your tears in the form of the heavy water commodity

Gatecamps are a terrible idea. They only exist because of server changing mechanics. Modify gates in to being giant catapults that throw you to random locations with 4au of the target gate and you have more content.

Oh what's that you don't believe me? Having to scan down your target with probes and warp to him for tackle sure sounds like a lot more player involvement than now. Plus you can still bubble the exit gate to catch them there if you are so scrubby.

And then come the inevitable lowsec tears. I hear you brother, truly. Because making things in space worth fighting over isn't our objective - being a smarmy pillock who shoots people just arriving at some completely arbitrary destination with my 20 friends is so much better.

But who am I kidding? Your corp has been camping Aunenen since the dawn of time I'm amazed there's anyone left to fall for that but I guess ignorance and stupidity are free.

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#30 - 2014-11-05 00:01:57 UTC
BuckStrider wrote:
Gogela wrote:
The "Tug" ship carrier is coming out with this release, yes? Should be an interesting site on the space lanes. Wonder how gankable it'll be....

Really?

You have to ask how gankable it will be?

Like it matters.....If you violate the Code while flying through James 315 space, it doesn't matter what you're flying. Be it a noob ship, a battleship or a capital ship.

haha! That's very true. I wasn't thinking when I posted that.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
#31 - 2014-11-05 02:37:28 UTC
Just Another Toon wrote:
Gogela wrote:

I'm hoping is more like an Orca, less like a Freighter.

LET US FIT IT. The freighter change proved to everyone that even when given the chance to bricktank ships, most won't.. so it's not like there won't be lots of versions out there easy to kill. But it will let those of us with a few braincells to actually fit it properly, be it for space (assuming like an Orca is has Cargo in addition to the massive Maint. Bay), warp speed, agility, or a flying brick. Or, of course, just stupid fits that will make good KM's to laugh at.

Personally, I see the Tug as being a reverse Orca.. Orca atm is a Hauler that can fit a few ships.. I want to see mostly a maint bay, some cargo, maybe even a little corp hangar.. So that we can move not just the fitted ships, but the ammo, and mods, they need. Would love this for both incursions and mission running, just move it all in one go, rather than currently move BS's then back for Orca with Ammo, Mods, Booster Ships, and Cruisers.. Would be a shame if this new ship let you moved the BS's but not room for the extra mods, and ammo..

Also, potential for even better lossmails.. You know someone is gonna fly around with officer BS's and officer mods..

+1

Would be great if its mass is set to be the same as the Orca!!!!

Oh, and have liquid Ozone considered like ammos, so that ships can have it in their cargo and still be transported...

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-11-05 02:37:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Mocam
Mr Epeen wrote:
I missed the tug boat thing.

Can I get a link or a quick description of what it's about?

Mr Epeen Cool

I like how Neville split up the changes discussed in Vegas in his blog so here: http://nevillesmit.com/
arrugamon Kusoni
Doomheim
#33 - 2014-11-05 05:54:52 UTC  |  Edited by: arrugamon Kusoni
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
arrugamon Kusoni wrote:

Gatecamps are a terrible idea. They only exist because of server changing mechanics. Modify gates in to being giant catapults that throw you to random locations with 4au of the target gate and you have more content.

Oh what's that you don't believe me? Having to scan down your target with probes and warp to him for tackle sure sounds like a lot more player involvement than now. Plus you can still bubble the exit gate to catch them there if you are so scrubby.

Bubble the exit is ok. Bubble the entry feels wrong in so many ways.
Foxfire 0031
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#34 - 2014-11-05 06:12:00 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
"Now that Phoebe is deployed.. lets talk Rhea"

1) Removal of the worst mechanic ever implemented in the game since I started back in 2005, Jump Fatigue.

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.
Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
#35 - 2014-11-05 06:39:31 UTC
Atmopsheric flying. Yes CCP I remember the videos from the 2006 / 2007 fanfest. I know you secretly have ships flying in planets.

Also all ships capable of nuking it from orbit.

MORE IMMERSION!! I want my immersion back.

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#36 - 2014-11-05 06:52:29 UTC
DaReaper wrote:

Out of this world, prolly never gonna happen stuff:

Due to other games coming, we have been secretly working on WiS and we are pleased to show you... the new loby! yes the door finally opens...

and

All pos' are now replaced with a new customizable pos.

Your turn!

New anchoring graphic for POS.

As for WIS, only multiplayer labyrinth (with overhead view from station camera) and you will have to run to the exit, to the next labyrinth, and avoid other guys chasing you.
Dadrom
Zap Blap Mining Co.
Blades of Grass
#37 - 2014-11-05 09:23:11 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
[quote=Foxfire 0031]"Now that Phoebe is deployed.. lets talk Rhea"

1) Removal of the worst mechanic ever implemented in the game since I started back in 2005, Jump Fatigue.

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.

Yes!!.. please
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#38 - 2014-11-05 11:08:41 UTC
Stop crying, soon Razor will be gone anyway Twisted How's the internal drama coming along ?

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

ENFEMUS
littlest hoe shop
#39 - 2014-11-05 11:11:17 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
arrugamon Kusoni wrote:

And then come the inevitable lowsec tears. I hear you brother, truly. Because making things in space worth fighting over isn't our objective - being a smarmy pillock who shoots people just arriving at some completely arbitrary destination with my 20 friends is so much better.

But who am I kidding? Your corp has been camping Aunenen since the dawn of time I'm amazed there's anyone left to fall for that but I guess ignorance and stupidity are free.

Show me on the ship chart where the big bad pirate touched you.
Serene Repose
#40 - 2014-11-05 11:17:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
An old bull and a young bull are walking down the lane. They look into a pasture and see a whole BUNCH of cows.
The young bull says, "Hey! Let's run down there and F one of those COWS!"
The old bull says, "Let's walk down and F them all."

(From now on, when I say "old bull" and "young bull" you should know what I mean.)

Take the old bull approach with this. Enjoy the new update. Let the future come to us.
You might find yourself in an early grave if you don't start enjoying the ride, instead of
fretting about the destination.

Moo.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.