These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Make battleships and battlecruisers worth the warp!

First post
Author
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#21 - 2014-11-05 00:36:14 UTC
Bullet Therapist wrote:
James Baboli wrote:
Bullet Therapist wrote:
This looks to be comprehensive, looks like a lot of work lol Lol

It will be. I mean, I want to introduce 4 moar t1 battleships, and then minor faction lines of empire power level ships, and the t3 battleships and and and, so its not like I don't want to do a whole junkton of theorycrafting already.

Yeah, I'm interested to see what you have to offer here, your posts are usually well thought out and well organized. Lets see what you've got.

Working on re-writing my commentary on the amarr stuff now. Will do Gallente and then skip to pirate faction, as I am much more familiar with them than I am with the current empire faction battleships.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Making battleships worth the warp

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#22 - 2014-11-05 00:41:54 UTC
James Baboli wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Quote:
Wall of 50 posts

Holy... Google Docs that into one item and then link in a single post. You've taken up almost the entire first page just by yourself.

Will see what I can do about it. Dunno if I can manually delete posts or need an ISD's help.

What you'll probably have to do is report your own post, use the report field to ask for a lock (make a post in the thread as well, for good measure) and then start a new thread on the same topic explaining the situation (to combat report trolls) and containing the link.
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#23 - 2014-11-05 01:00:34 UTC  |  Edited by: James Baboli
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
James Baboli wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Quote:
Wall of 50 posts

Holy... Google Docs that into one item and then link in a single post. You've taken up almost the entire first page just by yourself.

Will see what I can do about it. Dunno if I can manually delete posts or need an ISD's help.

What you'll probably have to do is report your own post, use the report field to ask for a lock (make a post in the thread as well, for good measure) and then start a new thread on the same topic explaining the situation (to combat report trolls) and containing the link.

Any friendly ISDs care to comment on if this is an acceptable manner of cleaning up this thread into a reasonable number of posts from me in the front?

*edit in the mean time*
T1 faction commentary on current state is up, covering all 4 factions t1 hulls.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

The Hamilton
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2014-11-05 02:20:43 UTC
Agree here with a Google Doc or something, but this seems to be going in the right direction for BS's and BC's. Fix what we've got and then determine if there is room for new ships to fill gaps.

Hopefully the big change in structures and Sov coming also help to change some of the roles of some of the BS's. Not being able to Hotdrop a small group of battleships is sure to give them some more use.
Kaerakh
Obscure Joke Implied
#25 - 2014-11-05 02:52:37 UTC
I like the OP's points. I expected to see another bear post whining about their favorite CNR getting popped, but I feel the OP has made reasonable points in regards to the state of BBs and CCs.
Valkin Mordirc
#26 - 2014-11-05 03:00:59 UTC
It looks like you've actually given this some thought and I look forward to seeing the completed project when you're done. You've already done more than most of the F&I trollites. So good on your that.
#DeleteTheWeak
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#27 - 2014-11-05 03:20:26 UTC
Kaerakh wrote:
I like the OP's points. I expected to see another bear post whining about their favorite CNR getting popped, but I feel the OP has made reasonable points in regards to the state of BBs and CCs.

Oh, its going to be hell to not overpower some ships that I love. This is why I'm not putting up the t2 battleships in this thread. Because I WANT the vargur to have a statline that makes it worth the training, and I WANT the kronos to be a beast.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Leonard Nimoy II
Doomheim
#28 - 2014-11-05 04:39:06 UTC
Can we have a TL;DR version.....pretty please Big smile
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#29 - 2014-11-05 04:47:08 UTC
Leonard Nimoy II wrote:
Can we have a TL;DR version.....pretty please Big smile

TL;DR: battleships should be worth hauling around, and need a buff to offset the warp speed changes.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#30 - 2014-11-05 04:59:04 UTC
First 4 of the writeups for pirate battleships live. Anyone want to comment on specifics?

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#31 - 2014-11-05 05:14:29 UTC
I like where you're going with this! But yeah, if it's going to be this big, make the post link to google docs documents like my Galileo thing does (only using this as an example).

Use pictures and make it interesting to read- it makes everything more fun!

I love to fly battleships, so I'm looking forwards to where this goes! Smile
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#32 - 2014-11-05 10:16:36 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
James Baboli wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
James Baboli wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Quote:
Wall of 50 posts

Any friendly ISDs care to comment on if this is an acceptable manner of cleaning up this thread into a reasonable number of posts from me in the front?
Yes, that would be acceptable.

Thread locked at the polite request of the OP so he can open a new one on the same topic...Cool

EDIT: To clarify, the new thread should not be considered redundant as it is a restart of this one, allowed specifically by me in this case due to special circumstances.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Previous page12